May 2018 Moms
Options

PGAL 8/30

2»

Re: PGAL 8/30

• Options
    @rachelg777 Thanks.  Yah, i miss my bf and it's been way too long. I think because it's been so long it made it that much harder to actually setup an initial meeting. And I hope we both feel pukey tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @FrancisD. I'm so sorry for your losses.
    i also join in on these threads so I can have someone to talk to when/if things go wrong. We had to "unannounce" my DD1's twin and although it was the most pain I've ever experienced, I never felt alone. I'm glad, as horribly morbid as that sounds, that we have one another. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
     :'(<3  

May Signature Challenge: TV Moms
    television comedy absolutely fabulous GIF

• Options
    @justsuzie Aw, sorry that you're having to do pelvic rest...that is no fun, especially when you're used to being active.  And especially sorry that the spotting has returned, I know that must be stressful.  It could definitely be due to the U/S, which is pretty normal.  Just a couple for weeks until your 8 week scan, right?  Hopefully they'll see such a healthy little babe in there that'll your doc will say forget the pelvic rest!  I hope that meeting up with your friend goes well and that your reconnection brings you a lot of joy!  It's so hard to be distanced from those we're close to.

And, yes, for sci-fi/fantasy stuff I am into all the things you listed, plus all the Marvel stuff, and pretty much anything else that fits the description (except video games...I'm just not a gamer!).  Do you enjoy reading?  I'm going to assume yes since you're a teacher, right?  Well, since you have to stay still more right now than you normally would, I recommend that you pick up the books from the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown and devour them...I did that recently and for sci-fi nerds, they. are. awesome.  It will eventually become some huge film frachise like The Hunger Games, so better get in there beforehand!
  • Options
    @justsuzie we plan to tell them Saturday.m as long as we see a heartbeat....I'll be 6w3d. I have my next ultrasound Friday but it's at 4pm and ST and I will have to leave work then go back after so we'll tell them the next day. I'm gonna put the ultrasounds in a box and wrap it up for them and FaceTime my mom since she don't know either lol.

Rylee 2.18.09
    Kaitlyn 12.20.09 (36 week preemie)
    Ziva 8.12.13 (31 week preemie)

Losses: 2.3.17 - 4.19.17 - 7.25.17 

BFP: 8.16.17 Heartbeat: 9.8.17 EDD: 5.1.18
  • Options
    @yesthisiskim0401 We haven't/won't tell anyone until after the first trimester. I had to tell the principal where I work because I have to leave early for so many appointments and it was just easier telling her why. I go to counseling once a week because my anxiety peaked after the last loss and it's the only thing that is getting me through this pg. 
  • Options

1.  Loss History (if you feel comfortable)
    I had a loss before DD 7 years ago and another in April of this year. 
    2. How far along are you?  EDD?
    4w and change based on O.
    3.  Symptoms?
    Extreme fatigue. Like BAD. 
    4.  How are you feeling PGAL?
    I'm a complete mess. When I found out my initial reaction wasn't happiness. It was just fear. Of course I am happy but the fear and anxiety overwhelmed the happy. I told DH I can't keep having losses so I really need this one to stick. Desperately. 
    5.  GTKY:  What is your best cooking/baking dish?
    I make an amazing lasagna. My DH says it's why he married me. I'm not sure if he's only kidding. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    1.  Loss History (if you feel comfortable)
    I had a very early loss on Easter. Also a suspected vanishing twin with my second child.
    2. How far along are you?  EDD?
    Around 4 weeks according to my cycle, but have reason to suspect that is off. Awaiting hCG and dating scan.
    3.  Symptoms?
    A touch of nausea, but mostly just really, really sore breasts!
    4.  How are you feeling PGAL?
    We were planning to wait another year before trying for another child, so I am surprised, but cautiously optimistic. I'm hoping everything looks good, but PGAL is completely new territory and I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed.
    5.  GTKY:  What is your best cooking/baking dish?
    I love to cook and bake! I make great Tefteli (Russian and Ukrainian dish that is chicken meatballs in a delicious sauce served over mashed potatoes or egg noodles). For baking, sugar cookies. All credit to Sally's Baking Addiction.
  • Options
    @firefliesandfjords That sounds delicious. I'm not at all Russian or Ukrainian but I would eat the crap out of that.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    @sparkymcgeee Its pretty delicious - great comfort food. But I'm craving lasagna now after reading your post!!!
  • Options
    sparkymcgeee I hate that fear comes before happiness for us. Congrats on your pregnancy! I like to think at least today at this very moment I am pregnant.  Pregnant until proven otherwise in other words. 

@firefliesandfjords Welcome to the thread. Good luck with numbers and scan!
  • Options
    Hi ladies  :)
    Congratulations to you all!
    I had a loss at 9 weeks in January and a week later had a D&C.  After a few months of weekly labs for a partial molar suspicion, we found out the genetics were all fine on our little guy and it was not a partial molar and we got the OK to try again.  
    Currently, I'm roughly 5weeks 2days with an EDD of May 6th.
    I'm having the same symptoms as last time - sore nipples, queasiness, fatigue, gas/belching...and as long as they're present, my anxiety is under control.  All symptoms lifted and I had a gut feeling just prior to the ultrasound I found out there was no longer a heartbeat so I'm loving the symptoms!  
    Deep down, I have a bit of crazy in me and I want an ultrasound yesterday and betas drawn and weekly appointments (NOT saying those things are bad!)...but in order to keep my PGAL brain under control, I have come to terms with the mindset that the outcome of the pregnancy is already decided, isn't up to me and will be what it will be.  I made my first appointment at 8 weeks this time...last time it was around 6 weeks, there wasn't much to see, the heartbeat was low and it was all very stressful at first...lets hope things progress wonderfully these next 3 weeks until we can get a peek!  

Hoping you all are feeling good and your little ones are sticky & healthy!  xo
  • Options
    So I am crazy and have convinced myself I have a blighted ovum because I just scoured my HCG results on our patient portal and my HCG was well 20,000 and all we saw at 5 weeks was a ges sac and the beginning of a yolk.  And I've had brown spotting since I found out I was pg.  PGAL is making me crazy. I have barely any symptoms and I just cried to my husband that there is no chance being positive anymore because I have the worst luck.  My anxiety is through the roof and I don't know how I am going to make it 2 more weeks before my ultrasound. I am nervous to go in early for another US because last year I had to wait through the progression of 3 weeks of ultrasounds before the pg was ruled a mmc.  I don't know which wait is worse, not knowing or limbo.  Sorry for the rant. 
  • Options
    @justsuzie, I know it's hard but this is number 5 for me and every pregnancy has been nothing like my others. I had more symptoms with my first angel than my DD and then totally different symptoms with DS than either of those. A ton of nausea and stuff with my last pregnancy too which ended in a loss. 
    Essentially, you can NOT base this pregnancy on what you last pregnancy was like. I know it's a mindcluck but it's so very very true. 

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    @sparkymcgeee The logical side of me is shouting,"yes! listen to that lady!"  But I just have a really bad feeling.  Thank you for trying to get me to chill.  I think I am just going to meditate and then bed.