May 2018 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating - 8/31

2»

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating - 8/31

• Options
    Hey guys... HALP.  I'm new to this what can I eat thing and I'm struggling with lunch ideas.  I know deli meat is out... what about pre cooked chicken that's packaged?  I was going to toss some of that in salads but now I'm wondering if that's a listeria risk too.  And what about leftover meat that you've cooked yourself?

Any good healthy lunch ideas with some protein (no m/s yet and soooo hungry) would be awesome from those of you who are STM!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I eat lunch meat. The only thing I don't eat is booze and gas station sushi.
    Same. I'll still be eating raw cheese. When I was pregnant with J there were no scares of any kind food wise for the "list of foods to avoid" however, cantaloupe, bagged salad, and peanut butter had listeria and some other issues. If you're eating sensibly and you trust the source of our food, you should be fine.
  • Options
    I had sushi for lunch  <3

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
    @ccvslp If you're interested in a convenient source of pre-cooked chicken, you could try canned chicken breast.  The reason I mention it is that a lot of times people forget that other meats than tuna are canned!

May Signature Challenge: TV Moms
    television comedy absolutely fabulous GIF

• Options
    FrancisD. said:
    @ccvslp If you're interested in a convenient source of pre-cooked chicken, you could try canned chicken breast.  The reason I mention it is that a lot of times people forget that other meats than tuna are canned!
    Oh yeah!  I live making chicken salad sandwiches with canned chicken. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
    I am already a bit sensitive but craving pickles and spicy foods already! Last time I had no cravings so I'm looking forward to what wired things I might want this time around.
  • Options
    @Guillerma Hey, that sucks.  Last pregnancy I felt the same way, so I decided that even if it didn't sound particularly good, I had to eat something, so I might as well eat healthy.  I basically got a big bowl of arugula and some fruit.  As soon as it hit my stomach, I started shoving handfuls into my mouth.  Maybe something similar could work for you - if you aren't normally drawn to something as an everyday food, but it's good for you, maybe you'll love it once it's in your mouth!

May Signature Challenge: TV Moms
    television comedy absolutely fabulous GIF

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I am only 6 weeks so not really craving anything. I can't really do scrambled eggs anymore, the texture just doesn't feel right. I am curious what I will be craving though! This is my first!
  • Options
    Took the weekend technology free and missed so much!

@ccvslp Lunch meat is usually considered safe if it's been warmed. If you follow any of those rules that is. Honestly, most of the food rules are just concerned about various types of food poisoning, which as others have said, if you eat sensibly and toss things that smell funny or have turned green (and weren't to start with!) you'll most likely be fine. I honestly mostly follow rules for my DH's sake when he's around, but when he's not... give me the cookie dough and queso and salami.

@viviannahelwig I lost a taste for oatmeal with my first because of texture issues. It was really sad because I usually ate oatmeal 2 or 3 days a week at my desk for breakfast. You become sensitive to the weirdest things in pregnancy. Luckily, I got my oatmeal love back last fall after he was born
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    artlea2013, yea it does suck as far as the scrambled eggs go. I had them practically every morning. Now I do a fried egg, tastes much better. Even though I prefer fried eggs, I hope I get over the texture issue after baby wig is born!