May 2018 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating - 8/31

tumblr_m2l0tlEXI21r3e62yo1_500
Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
Married: 11/2013
M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating - 8/31

• I definitely showed up at my desk on Monday and crammed it full of tiny chip bags, peanut butter crackers, and packages of gummies. I need to slow down, 3 to 5 pounds the entire first tri in weight gain, so stop it self!
  • That's too funny! My first pregnancy I definitely had antenatal depression, and I ate my feelings. I had only just started really losing weight at the beginning of this month. Obviously if I'm getting healthier I need another baby right? Lol... 
    I was planning on starting a whole30 tomorrow before I found out about le fetus, and I don't see any reason not to continue that plan. I may be grumpy, but it should help with me not blowing up like a balloon so early! :D 
  • Loading the player...
  • Surprisingly salads. I usually eat maybe one a month normally lol

and overall, I'm eating less, which is the same as last pregnancy. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Mornings are starting to get hard. Those Belvita breakfast bar things have been heaven sent - my body will allow me to eat them and they fill me up. 

Not eating a a whole lot. Sometimes just thinking about food is enough to make me feel full lol. 

• Ice Cream!!! 
  • @rachelg777 that sounds SO good right now!!!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• I'm kind of living in the world of being hungry, but bloated and uncomfortable so that I feel full, but did I mention still hungry? It's confusing
  • @artlea2013 lol to "It's confusing"
  • kpc914kpc914 member
    edited August 2017
    not much. More carbs than I usually eat (usually only get carbs from veggies) because that's all that I can seem to handle. I lost 35lbs last year, but I'm still about 20-30 lbs overweight. I want to keep it in check and hope to continue to lose a little bit of weight in first tri. 
  • Crackers and grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm a mix of being nauseous but hungry but absolutely nothing sounds good. And I alllow myself one fountain Coke a day. Normally I only drink diet but when I'm pregnant nothing settles my stomach like a Coke.
  • I've been doing keto for about 10 months now and have lost about 50 lbs. So far I'm still just eating how I usually do. Still have a decent amount to lose (30-35 lbs), but obviously not focusing on that now. Just eating as healthy as possible. Thankfully no MS or food aversion yet. 
  • Everything. I am constantly hungry, which is a huge change from my first pregnancy in which I hated food until about 16 weeks. I've been preferring bolder flavors (like curry) and vinegary foods (like pickles). 
  • I'm hungry most of the time too, but also wicked bloated and blah. Last week I ate wayyy too much ice cream haha! I grabbed some fruit, nuts and some healthier snacks to have in the house. 
  • Is anyone interested in doing some kind of recipes board? I always need new things to make. Plus ms hasn't kicked in and I'm just. so. hungry. 
  • momo214 said:
    Is anyone interested in doing some kind of recipes board? I always need new things to make. Plus ms hasn't kicked in and I'm just. so. hungry. 
    YAS!!!!! I love cooking  <3
  • We eat pretty low carb usually.  I'm mostly eating normally, but I have upped my carb intake a little.
    November Siggy Challenge

• I'd love to trade recipes :-) You find the best stuff that way.  Right now I'm about to sprinkle some taco seasoning on some canned grass-fed pot roast I made a year or two ago.  I'm gonna eat a bowl of just the meat and seasoning!  I usually use ground beef and make my own seasonings, but I don't have the stuff right now.  I started doing this during my last pregnancy, and now I'm addicted.

May Signature Challenge: TV Moms
    television comedy absolutely fabulous GIF

• FrancisD. said:
    I'd love to trade recipes :-) You find the best stuff that way.  Right now I'm about to sprinkle some taco seasoning on some canned grass-fed pot roast I made a year or two ago.  I'm gonna eat a bowl of just the meat and seasoning!  I usually use ground beef and make my own seasonings, but I don't have the stuff right now.  I started doing this during my last pregnancy, and now I'm addicted.
    So I'm not trying to be creepy or weird or anything... And I'm sure you're a big fan of your partner or whatever... but... 
  • I say that because we just had grass raised/finished pork roast with my own seasoning blend added to it for dinner xD
  • If you raise grass-fed pork, maybe we can get into some kind of quad situation...

• FrancisD. said:
    If you raise grass-fed pork, maybe we can get into some kind of quad situation...
    Oh no... Raising livestock is far too ambitious for me I'm afraid... But I'm great friends with the owners of a famer's market down the road from me who raises pigs and cows that way. It makes a world of difference in the end. (And don't get excited about me gardening either. I had a tomato plant that I named Stella a few months ago that died because Florida is too hot to live outside. And they apparently need water, or something?)
  • LOL that's too bad.  Grass-fed pork is hard to come by at a decent price.

• justsuzie said:
    I bought a vegan scone for my husband because it's his bday and the nearest place to get them is 45 minut s away. Well I ate it on the way home. 
    I think I might make some vegan scones later! Yum! 
  • @Cerisrichard Oh, please share the recipe! I have not found a good one yet!  Are you vegan?  My dr has really urged me to eat eggs this pg, and I was hesitant but we found a family that raises backyard chickens so that was the compromise.  
  •  justsuzie said:
    @Cerisrichard Oh, please share the recipe! I have not found a good one yet!  Are you vegan?  My dr has really urged me to eat eggs this pg, and I was hesitant but we found a family that raises backyard chickens so that was the compromise.  
    I just substitute ingredients in a standard scone recipe. Replace the eggs and milk with coconut milk by volume, and replace the butter with coconut oil by weight. I am not very strictly vegan so am happy to use baking powder. This is the one I use:

recipe:
    500g strong white flour
    just under 1 400g tin coconut milk (use rest as a wash on the scones before they go in oven)
    75g caster sugar
    30g baking powder
    75g coconut oil
    100g sultanas ( if you want, I prefer plain)

just mix mix up all ingredients, add sultanas if using and split into about 15 scones. Wash with left over coconut milk and cook at 220C/425F for 15 mins!

•  justsuzie said:
    @Cerisrichard Oh, please share the recipe! I have not found a good one yet!  Are you vegan?  My dr has really urged me to eat eggs this pg, and I was hesitant but we found a family that raises backyard chickens so that was the compromise.  
    I just substitute ingredients in a standard scone recipe. Replace the eggs and milk with coconut milk by volume, and replace the butter with coconut oil by weight. I am not very strictly vegan so am happy to use baking powder. This is the one I use:

recipe:
    500g strong white flour
    just under 1 400g tin coconut milk (use rest as a wash on the scones before they go in oven)
    75g caster sugar
    30g baking powder
    75g coconut oil

just mix mix up all ingredients, add sultanas if using and split into about 15 scones. Wash with left over coconut milk and cook at 220C/425F for 15 mins!

How is baking powder not vegan? My parents were vegan for almost five years and I've never heard that...
  • *dirty lurker*

@ivyvines6 they have a lot of pregnancy Whole30 resources. They have a series called HMHB (healthy mama, happy baby) https://mamas.whole30.com/

I have done two Whole30's (not while KU) so feel free to PM me if you want recipes or to just ask about my experience. 

*done lurking, going back to TTGP now*
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• krashke said:
    *dirty lurker*

@ivyvines6 they have a lot of pregnancy Whole30 resources. They have a series called HMHB (healthy mama, happy baby) https://mamas.whole30.com/

I have done two Whole30's (not while KU) so feel free to PM me if you want recipes or to just ask about my experience. 

*done lurking, going back to TTGP now*
    This will be my second whole30, first while ku. I'll have to check that out though, thanks!
  • ivyvines6 said:
     justsuzie said:

recipe:
    500g strong white flour
    75g caster sugar
    30g baking powder
    75g coconut oil

How is baking powder not vegan? My parents were vegan for almost five years and I've never heard that...
    I'm not sure, but i keep reading about vegan baking powder? I've only been vegan for 6 months so am a newbie!
  • I'm eating way too much toast with avocado and sliced hard boiled egg on top. And a pinch of salt and pepper. Partially because it's so delicious, partially because I can usually convince my toddler to have some, too (he's in an annoying picky phase and I'm just happy to get protein in him). 
  • I literally ate fried eggs with bacon and toast every day last pregnancy. I should just do that again... Marmite is delicious :tongue:
  • @millette2015 I literally bought the exact ingredients for this last night and am so excited!  

Ive been eating a lot of toast.  Other things sound good then I eat them and they taste good but then I feel so awful afterwards.  
  • ivyvines6 said:
    I literally ate fried eggs with bacon and toast every day last pregnancy. I should just do that again... Marmite is delicious :tongue:
    Mm, bacon and eggs. But marmite?? Yuck... That is definitely an acquired taste.
  • ivyvines6 said:
    I literally ate fried eggs with bacon and toast every day last pregnancy. I should just do that again... Marmite is delicious :tongue:
    Mm, bacon and eggs. But marmite?? Yuck... That is definitely an acquired taste.
    So I've heard lol My kiddo loves it too. Then again his favorite food is sauerkraut :sweat_smile:
  • I'm eating way too much toast with avocado and sliced hard boiled egg on top. And a pinch of salt and pepper. Partially because it's so delicious, partially because I can usually convince my toddler to have some, too (he's in an annoying picky phase and I'm just happy to get protein in him). 
    That sounds really good! I'll be adding that to my shopping list for next week.
    If you really want to step it up, try crumbled feta on top (are we allowed to eat that while pregnant? In any case, I don't follow that rule if it is a thing. Feta is too good to pass up and life is too short to follow all the rules). 

Or tomatoe slices. Or a fried egg. Or bacon. Or..., I could go on all day. I'm like the forest gimp shrimp guy for avocado toast. 
  • @millette2015 all great suggestions and mostly things my toddler will eat too!
    If you really want to step it up, try crumbled feta on top (are we allowed to eat that while pregnant? In any case, I don't follow that rule if it is a thing. Feta is too good to pass up and life is too short to follow all the rules). 

Or tomatoe slices. Or a fried egg. Or bacon. Or..., I could go on all day. I'm like the forest gimp shrimp guy for avocado toast. 
    I'm pretty sure I looked up feta last time I was pregnant and it was allowed! Vegan now though, so none for me