Options

8/28 MBF

2»

Re: 8/28 MBF

• Options
    @barrelocarol that makes me ragey for you :rage:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @crossfitbabybump I read today that kiwis are supposed to help. They taste good so it's worth a try. No bananas since they can cause constipation. Also, my doctor did approve colace. Just make sure you get the kind that is only a softener, not a stimulant. 

@garnetmama If you still like the name, is use it. It's unlikely that the names will get mixed up at Christmas or school or the doctor's office. ;) I really do doubt they would be at all offended. 

@triplejplus1 Can you find wherever they're getting in? Any hole the diameter of a pencil or bigger is a potential access point. Stuff it with steel wool and then spray foam.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    Ugh every time I turn on the oven, the smoke detector goes off. Here is what I've tried:
    -Red Cross installed a smoke detector away from the kitchen. 
    -I've cleaned the oven many times in a few different ways. 

Unless we put on the hood vent, the smoke detector goes off and sends the house into chaos or at best, wakes up our son. What am I missing?
    I'd turn on a vent and open a window. If that didn't work, I'd temporarily disconnect the smoke detector. Stick a giant post-it somewhere so you remember to reconnect it when you're done.
  • Options
    Ugh every time I turn on the oven, the smoke detector goes off. Here is what I've tried:
    -Red Cross installed a smoke detector away from the kitchen. 
    -I've cleaned the oven many times in a few different ways. 

Unless we put on the hood vent, the smoke detector goes off and sends the house into chaos or at best, wakes up our son. What am I missing?
    @barrelocarol I don't have anything helpful other than solidarity, but our is the stovetop. I swear DH and I are good cooks, but we can't figure out if it's the location, sensitivity, etc. and it drives us nuts. Sorry!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My SMART board isn't installed yet.  That is all.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Options
    @kiki75, YESSSS!!!!! My favourite meal at Olive Garden comes with the shrimp with the tails on. And I swear I complain about this to DH every single time we go!! Who really thinks I want to dig through my pasta to pull tails off shrimp before I can eat?!?!
  • Options
    @kiki75 I made the mistake of ordering shrimp at an authentic dim sum place once and it came with the eyes still on. This was immediately after accidentally ordering chicken feet... :fearful:
  • Options
    @vflux33 and @justkeeptrying that's odd because I'm vegetarian and that made me laugh so hard. "Came with the eyes still on." ha it's a great way of putting it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @fatstagnation The funniest part of that story was MH really wanted to go back there because it was the more "authentic" dim sum place. ...Yeah dude, so authentic that we have no idea what we're asking for and can only eat like 1 out of 3 things we ordered. We did go back once with someone who spoke Cantonese and that made it WAY easier because he just ordered for us and it was really good. But this is part of why as a rule I now only go to dim sum places that have the carts so I can see what I'm getting before ordering. Unless I'm with someone who speaks Chinese. Then I'll just go along for the ride and trust their judgement. #SanFranciscoProblems
  • Options
    @vflux33 I'm an unapologetic meat eater but my meal never needs a face.  :D And I agree about the carts! My parents lived in Japan for a while and the menus with pictures and very realistic fake plates of food saved me from ordering some crazy stuff several times.

• Options
    Mouse Update: There is one less mouse in our house, yay! But I know there is/will be more. And now its corn harvest which we have crops all around us so that will upset a lot of mouse homes and they will be looking for a new place to stay.. So now to fine where the hole/holes are  :s
  • Options
    @ksmwalters Yeah I'm all about the "new culinary experience", but if nothing is in English I'm gonna either need a visual or a translator. Lesson learned!
  • Options
    @triplejplus1 yay for 1 less mouse!  I wouldn't have been able to sleep know that there was a live one in my house but maybe that's just me.  And I whole-heartedly agree with everyone that needs a visual on a menu when they're trying something new.  I'm not against trying new things but I want to know what I'm trying!
  • Options
    @barrelocarol dumb question but do y'all have a fan? Might be a little unpleasant while cooking but that helps us from making the alarm go off when we sear stuff on our stovetop.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    barrelocarolbarrelocarol member
    edited September 2017
    @cford08 Noises annoy me so I never use our hood vent fan. Then, the smoke alarm goes off and I think "Welp, use the fan, solve your silly little problem, and move it along!"  :D

But I could use the fan sparingly, like when I sear so that would be a good idea...Thanks!

Edited bc TB annoys me with its wrongocorrections.