March 2018 Moms

Re: 8/28 MBF

• It is impossible to poop... it's making me cranky.

• It is impossible to poop... it's making me cranky.

Have you tried milk of magnesia?
  • Loading the player...
  • I saw a mouse in our house last night.. right as I went to turn off the light for bed. Gathered a few traps and tried to place them strategically.  Got little sleep and no mouse in a trap this morning  :s  I'm about to go insane with all the mice issues we've had this summer. And here I thought it was fall when they started trying to get into houses. 
  • Hemorrhoids and nausea. Enough said.
  • npkatnpkat member
    edited August 2017
    @triplejplus1 we had a really bad mice issue a few years back for some reason. We bought these little egg shaped plug in things from Lowes that put off a sound that the mice do not like(not a sound we can hear). We have not seen a single mouse since we put those throughout the house a few years ago. They are definitely worth it and hope that may help!
  • npkat said:
    @triplejplus1 we had a really bad mice issue a few years back for some reason. We bought these little egg shaped plug in things from Lowes that put off a sound that the mice do not like. We have not seen a single mouse since we put those throughout the house a few years ago. They are definitely worth it and hope that may help!
    I have a few of those plugged in, but I had found them on clearance at target. I think they are just poor quality or something. Because my sister in law said they haven't since a mouse since they got those. I definitely have them on my list for next time I'm in town!
  • @garnetmama I'm anti human names for animals in part for this reason. I get it can be kinda funny at first but I'm not into it. 

@LaurenAnn0405 Happens to me too-- super annoying.
  • @LaurenAnn0405 The almond milk *should* work for you, I too am lactose intolerant (though it went away when I got pregnant strangely) and I used almond milk in place of practically everything that called for milk. They also have almond milk ice cream which is surprisingly good!! 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @muggle621 I'll have to look for the almond milk ice cream!  This whole lactose intolerance is a new pregnancy thing and I'm hoping it goes away after the first trimester but until then I'm looking for the alternatives.  The almond milk is ok but I've been craving cereal (all kinds, we literally have 14 boxes in our house :o) and it's hard not being able to enjoy it because I know I'll be paying for it later.  Thanks for the heads up about the ice cream, I've really been missing it!
  • @HappyMonkey817 - no I have not, someone else mentioned that to me, too! Do you know where I can get some??
  • @vflux33 thank goodness I'm not the only one.  I also don't know how to gif on here I was worried that I was technologically impaired

• @LaurenAnn0405 - I can't GIF either and I want to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
  • @HappyMonkey817 - no I have not, someone else mentioned that to me, too! Do you know where I can get some??
    Any drug store or grocery store should have it. Just a fair warning- be near a bathroom at all times until it works its magic.

Any drug store or grocery store should have it. Just a fair warning- be near a bathroom at all times until it works its magic.

hahahaha, oh boy! I will try fiber one bars and see if that helps. If not, I will give this a shot. On the weekend. At home. lol thank you!
  • mdfarmchickmdfarmchick member
    edited August 2017
    I threw up 3-4 [[times a day]] every day for the whole of week 12 but woke up Friday morning and felt normal. I've lost 6 pounds or so from my all liquid diet when I was so sick and so I enjoyed all the food this weekend. 

This morning, I threw up water. Morning sickness is my MBF. 

[[Edit]]
  • @mdfarmchick Ughhh.  :s We are too alike. I'm feeling pretty nasty today again. I was hoping to feel ok because we have pictures/telling the kids tonight. I told the photographer we would make the call by 4, pictures are at 6. I want to feel halfway decent when we do this and I currently don't even feel 25% decent. Ha! 
  • @chasingroygbiv ugh. I want you to feel better so bad! Did you reup your Unisom/B6 combo? I've got an OB appointment Thursday so we will see what he says. With DS I was sick until week 17, but I'm pretty sure I was throwing up before week 12...
  • Hope you ladies feel better soon! Hang in there, you're almost there!
  • @mdfarmchick Thanks! I was trying not to take it again until we can confirm this isn't an iron issue at my appt next Friday. Not sure I can go much longer though. I just feel so weak/woozy and exhausted and then end up nauseated. I was sick for awhile with DD BUT I was also anemic! Sooo.... leads me to believe that very well could be what I'm dealing with again. 
  • Drink lots of water with any fiber, @crossfitbabybump or it could make things worse.
  • @triplejplus1 did you try sticky traps placed along the edge of the wall? We had one (fingers crossed) mouse in the spring that I think followed me in the house one afternoon (I was on a business call, and may expletives followed when I saw him dash across the kitchen).

The exterminator lady said it was silly for the company to come out for a single mouse, and to use sticky traps because some mice can evade the snap traps, and that mice prefer to run along walls and under sinks, so to line them there. We caught the mouse as soon as the lights were out that way and released him outside.
  • gh515 said:
    @triplejplus1 did you try sticky traps placed along the edge of the wall? We had one (fingers crossed) mouse in the spring that I think followed me in the house one afternoon (I was on a business call, and may expletives followed when I saw him dash across the kitchen).

The exterminator lady said it was silly for the company to come out for a single mouse, and to use sticky traps because some mice can evade the snap traps, and that mice prefer to run along walls and under sinks, so to line them there. We caught the mouse as soon as the lights were out that way and released him outside.
    Yes! We have both sticky traps and snap traps all over the house! They have snuck the food off the snap traps several times this summer without setting them off!  :/  And I'm not a huge fan of the sticky traps because they squeak and squeal and then I just feel bad for them and I'm not about to pull them off so we have to kill them. I'm definitely ready to call an exterminator! That or build a new house! Ours was built in the late 1800s and has had several add ons in the earlier 1900s 
  • I hope you ladies dealing with morning sickness have relief soon! That sound awful! I am such a baby when I feel sick. And I hate hate hate throwing up!  :s
  • @LaurenAnn0405 @crossfitbabybump just copy the link (doing it from giphy works well) and paste in "image url" in the drop down menu that looks like a picture of a mountain  :) 
  • Mine is...TW I've now had my 3rd episode of bleeding. I went back to the ER Saturday and was told that it's another SCH, a large one. So they feared the worst. I had to go back today and the ultrasound showed baby still doing fantastic, but the hematoma is still there. So until I stop bleeding, I have to be checked every few days. END TW. My MS is still going strong as well. I just need a break...
  • @kalawa I'm so sorry you're having to deal with that! Sending good vibes 

• @vflux33 this is what I am getting. Seriously, I must be really bad at this. Now what? lol

• @crossfitbabybump Weird, I've never seen that error message... there's a how to gif thread somewhere that might go over this. If you're on a computer you could try a different browser. 
  • @kalawa I am so sorry.  That is definitely worth bitching about.  I hope you and the baby are doing better soon.
  • Hugs @kalawa That sounds so stressful. Take it easy!! 
  • @kalawa Really sorry you're dealing with that. Hope you feel better soon @mdfarmchick @chasingroygbiv
  • @kalawa I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. Take it easy. <3
  • Midwife just called. My pee test came back showing a huge UTI. She called in a prescription for me. I have to go get that and some cranberry juice.
  • @HappyMonkey817 I hope you start feeling better soon! I hate Uti's! I am terrified that I'll get one since I've had a problem with them in the past. I drink a lot of cranberry-apple juice, mainly because I can't do straight cranberry juice (I'm a wimp when it comes to sour stuff). 

@justkeeptrying I'm sorry that horrid woman made your day worse. I'm at the ten week mark tomorrow, and with all the constipation and bloat, I just feel...bleh. Praying you and I both feel better!

My husband and I recently moved our business to a new location that's over an hour from the original spot. We still haven't found a new house there yet, so we've been getting up before dawn and taking one vehicle the 1.5hr drive to work in the morning. Not.fun. Especially when nauseous and constipated.  :s 
  • Ugh every time I turn on the oven, the smoke detector goes off. Here is what I've tried:
    -Red Cross installed a smoke detector away from the kitchen. 
    -I've cleaned the oven many times in a few different ways. 

Unless we put on the hood vent, the smoke detector goes off and sends the house into chaos or at best, wakes up our son. What am I missing?