Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

No period after chemical pregnancy

Any feedback would be amazing!!

So my husband and I got pregnant in July. I had three positive pregnancy tests before I started spotting and then negative tests - so I had a chemical pregnancy. I stopped taking my progesterone (I have to take when I'm TTC) so my period would start. I had a week long period (normally it is around 5 days). Then in August - CD 13 I stared getting positive ovulation tests for about 4 days. I am now on CD 33 with no sign of a period. I have taken multiple pregnancy tests and they are all negative! Can someone help PLEASE!!! 

Answers

• Options
    Hi, welcome. Sorry for your loss. Please read the pin posts at the top of the board and intro on the newbie thread! We're a close knit group and try to keep one off posts to a minimum. You might find this thread particularly helpful: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12715338/you-arent-pregnant-calm-down-the-help-thread/p1

We also have a TTCAL thread (trying to conceive after loss) you might want to join in on.

I hope your stay here is short! 
  • Options
    @mckenzielopez Hi. I'm sorry you have gone through a CP. Please read the stickied post at the top of this board here: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1

We frown on one-off posts such as this. Please read the above link, lurk, and then introduce yourself on the weekly introductions thread and jump in. There are many women here who have gone through similar situations, but unfortunately all of our uterus x-ray goggles are broken today and we can't tell you what's up with your body.

Also, asking if you are ku is a TOU and will be reported, so, I'm hoping that is not what you are asking us to opine on. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Any feedback would be amazing!!

So my husband and I got pregnant in July. I had three positive pregnancy tests before I started spotting and then negative tests - so I had a chemical pregnancy. I stopped taking my progesterone (I have to take when I'm TTC) so my period would start. I had a week long period (normally it is around 5 days). Then in August - CD 13 I stared getting positive ovulation tests for about 4 days. I am now on CD 33 with no sign of a period. I have taken multiple pregnancy tests and they are all negative! Can someone help PLEASE!!! 
    You can have a positive OPK and not actually ovulate. OPKs measure your LH, and you can have a strong surge and still not O. It happens all the time, unfortunately.
    It's one of the reasons we recommend temping, so that you can confirm your likely O date.

As others have said - reads the newbie guide, lurk, and actually introduce yourself to the community and participate.
    It's also against the board rules to ask us - even in a roundabout way - if you're KU.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    *lurking*  *tw previous pg mentioned*

Seconding all pp but adding that I had to take progesterone to start a period after a year of bf in May and my cycles came back longer than "normal."  I was convinced I was ktfu my first cycle back and took an embarrassing amount of pregnancy tests only for a raging period to arrive CD 37. The next cycle was 34. I averaged 31-32 pre-baby, so this is meant to show you that a) progesterone can make things weird and b) cycles come and go whenever the eff they want. If you are getting negative tests you aren't pregnant at this time. Stop stressing yourself out by repeatedly testing and wait a few days. Those tests are effing expensive. 

*resuming lurking*
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • Options

This thread has been closed. Please do not ask the Community if you are pregnant. Instead, please visit our 1st Trimester board to discuss early possible pregnancy symptoms and the thread pinned to the top of this board called, “What does a positive pregnancy test really look like?” where members are permitted to display their pregnancy tests.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"