December 2017 Moms

Randoms 8/21

Re: Randoms 8/21

• @peachy13 That thread made me so happy and so ragey at the same time! I seriously love the majority of those March ladies, they keep it real. (And not just because quite a few of them were on TTGP!)
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • peachy13 said:
    The "baby moved" thread in March 2018 if anyone needs some Friday at work reading.
     <3  <3<3<3<3
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • jlemons-2 said:
    I missed all of you! I've been dealing with my GD and different meds, if more people end up with it I will start a thread. Luckily, it seems not many of us do! Today I hit viability week and that is pretty exciting. I feel like we should have a viability week gif party. 
    I got my GD diagnosis today--so you've got a friend in this. Hopefully not many others join us, but if they do, I'm open to a new thread!
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!
  • Welcome back @jlemons-2. Sorry about the GD!  
    And yeah, where is @Tennis11785?
  • @beary67 sorry you have it too. Will you just be doing diet control?
  • @jlemons-2 I'm not sure yet. My first appointment related to GD is Thursday. As it is, I eat very healthy and avoid a lot of sugar and carbs, so I'm not sure what will happen. They said today my risk is higher due to having twins. I'll do anything I have to, but not sure what it will entail yet. I'll keep you posted!
    About me:
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    Team Blue X 2!
  • @jlemons-2 @beary67 My 3hr tests just posted online, and I failed. I'm sure they'll call shortly to let me know.  Count me in for the GD group.  Solidarity?  Gotta admit it, I'm more than a little disappointed right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kyrwyn I know--it's hard to not be disappointed. We should start a thread soon!  Lots of love to you. 
    About me:
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    Team Blue X 2!
  • There is a crazy lady on TTGP posting in various threads different stories of people she knows suffering from IF. First was "my BIL's sister" (or something), then her aunt, then her niece, then her friend.

Why do people do crap like that?
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • It's actually not incredibly hot here today! Hallelujah!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • DH is a driver for a lumber/remodeling company and wrecked his work truck today (not a pickup, like a flatbed big delivery truck). He is ok thankfully but it's been going on a 5 hour ordeal to get his truck pulled back onto the road he went off. He's only had his CDL license and been with this company since February. FX he doesn't lose his job over this. Andplusalso now I'm going to be even more scared every day of him getting hurt/wrecking while working  :s
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @ktcakes87 Oh no! I'm glad he is okay. Hopefully his job is safe.

I have a sore throat situation going on and if it's because of these assholes who came to work with the flu...

DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Thanks for everyone's input on the dad situation... I'm mobile currently and tagging is annoying but i did read everyone's replies! 

@kyrwyn @wabash15 hi from the land of complicated families. He hasn't outright asked about having her meet him, but I usually only go home for a visit +/- see him once a year so I just feel like it would be a waste of precious time to go through the ordeal of meeting her. Plus she kind of sounds a bit dramatic/manipulative from what he's told me (he doesn't think she is, but I see it) so I just worry she'll add unnecessary drama. Though making an effort to outright say "I don't want to meet her" might also cause drama.... I don't know. 

@jlemons-2 welcome back. Sorry about the GD. I hope you get it stabilized. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @jlemons-2 I'm so sorry you're having GD issues. Are you doing insulin or Metformin? If you don't mind me asking. I'm on Metformin 500 twice a day and my sugars have been great. I really hope they find something that works well for you!! Starting a GD thread would be amazing! 
  • We are dog sitting a friends dog currently. He has stayed with us before with no issue. This time has been a fucking nightmare thus far. My dog won't leave him alone and all he does it bark at him... and he's already snipped at me 3 times. I am so anxious worrying he will bite DS, especially cause DS is so used to being around super kid friendly dogs he doesn't know any better. This dog is super old and just being extra cranky and my dog is being exceptionally annoying.  It's only been 3 hours and Sunday night can come soon enough. I really hope the 2 dogs get their shit sorted sooner rather than later because it's so frustrating trying to keep them separated.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @acgonzalez22 I am on 1500 mg of Metformin a day now. They took me off and put me on Glyburide but I almost passed out from the crashing. Like low 50s! It's been rough and I have an appointment with my MFM next Thursday. He doesn't like Metformin so once he finds out I'm back on Metformin I think he might switch to insulin, he's mentioned it already. I'm just terrified of giving myself shots. 

@ktcakes87 sorry about your DH accident, I hope his job is safe. I work in truck insurance so of course I'm freaking terrified of them. 
  • Good @Tennis11785!  If I don't see people for a while, I get a little nervous. Glad you're just busy :)
  • @jlemons-2 Glyburide made me crash like that when I was pregnant with DS! It's an awful feeling. I really am sorry you are having this be your experience. I know from DS it can weigh on you emotionally, just try not to let it get you down. Even though insulin isn't what you had in mind, maybe it won't be so bad. What are your resting sugars? Lately mine are 78-84. 
  • This morning was 93. So I'm technically in the okay zone but not comfortably so. 
  • I really hope they can manage it better for you❤️
  • Went to urgent care to rule out strep because I've had it many times and it feels like it, and also I'm pregnant and therefore paranoid AF. The NP told me she doubted it was strep but she'd do the swab, which I was fine with. I could sort of hear her and the nurse/medical assistant/whatever talking about it through the door but not very well. DH was in the waiting room and could hear everything they said, and they were complaining about doing the swab but said they'd humor me because I'm pregnant. The NP didn't know he was there, but the other guy did and was trying not to say too much, lol.

Anyway, it was negative and that's all I needed to hear. They were nice to my face so whatever. I'm the one who willingly gagged on a giant q-tip so not sure what they're complaining about.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @MJDsquared  I hate strep swabs!  I had them done a billion times as a kid and handled it fine, but as an adult I have a tendency to arm wrestle the nurse for 15 minutes to try and avoid dry heaving.  I can't even imagine having it done with these preggo gag reflexes, oof.
  • Last night was the first football game of the season, and DD slept until 9am.  Thank you sweet Jesus.

Today I'm a total lazy slob zombie.  I slept until 8 (my usual is 4am) and I just woke up from a nap.  It's not even 1pm.  DH looked and my clothes and hair and burst out laughing because I look homeless.  So clearly we are having one of those Saturdays...
  • I bought DD a monkey costume for Halloween at a consignment sale yesterday. It is soooo cute. She hates it. I'm hoping she was just grumpy because it was close to bed and it's a pretty warm costume and not cool here yet, because I really want her to wear it when Halloween rolls around. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • mdcd44127mdcd44127 member
    edited August 2017
    I'm flying out this afternoon for work (not going very far, it's a ~2 hour flight) and for probably the first time since I was a kid I've got major anxiety about it. I've traveled much farther with less preparation without any problems, but being (end-of-2nd-tri) pregnant and knowing I'll be away from all the comforts & routines of home for a few days is making me feel all the feelings. Poor DH is beside himself with worry, so I'm probably vibing off that quite a bit. I just hope this trip goes quickly and smoothly and I'm back home in a blink.

Also, my one giant sunflower is finally starting to bloom just as I'm going out of state, which is frustrating the living hell out of me. Hello again, unreasonable hormones!
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• @MJDsquared I'm just finishing an antibiotic for Strep and tonsillitis. I totally threw up with the swab :/
  • @acgonzalez22 Oh no! That swab is awful. I hope you're feeling better!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • We got so much done around the house this weekend. And now I'm abso-freaking-lutely exhausted headed into Monday.  Yay for progress but perhaps boo for overzealousness.  

My favorite weekend accomplishment is that my dad hung a new ceiling fan in what will be the nursery and installed a dimmer switch. Which is like magic. I am so thrilled. He had it in his "electrical stuff" toolkit, because of course he did, so it was a 10 min add on to my original request.  Little things are really rewarding right now. Haha.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @beary67 damn sorry you got the GD diagnosis. Hopefully those boys and you will do just fine. hugs
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• PSA for Costco members...sale starts 8/31...

LOVE my squatty potty!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kaylawing Yep!! The rest of the house looks awesome.... office/nursery is a total disaster. (I think partially because it was more DH's office than mine and he made a mess of it, which annoyed me.) Every weekend I tell myself I'm going to be dedicated to that room, and then every weekend I create other projects for myself instead.  :s
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• On the topic of conditions that require squatty potties... I started eating 3-4 prunes a day and TMI: I've been more regular than I have been in weeks, and "eliminating" daily! So much better than PP - pre-prune  :D
  • @djd0404 glad to know it's not just me. 

On the potty issue, I have found that a smoothie each morning is doing the trick for me. Bonus is that dd loves it too so I can sneak in more veggies for her. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Amber_Waves @splsmama2016 I love my Squatty Potty too! 
  • Team squatty Potty here!
  • My laziness has reached an all time high and my Fitbit an all time low...   2,500 steps for the day today.    :#