Pregnant after IF
Options

3rd Trimester Check In Week of August 14

This is a weekly check in for the mamas  who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us please post a: 
•Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
•How many babies you are pregnant with
•If you know the gender(s)
•How you have been feeling in your 3rd tri
•Any upcoming or recent appointments you may have had

Feel free to share pictures of your bump, nurseries, baby gear, and of course those babies when they arrive! 

QOTW
Any crazy sleeping habits, either before or during your pregnancy?

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:

@persnickity EDD 8/5/17 with a little girl
@JWatt5 EDD 8/13/17 with a little boy
@Stars2016 EDD 8/24/17 with a little boy
@tiffanyw1783 EDD 8/30/17 with two little girls!
@oxinfree EDD 9/3/17 with a little boy 
@omarismyhomeboy EDD 9/8/17 with a little girl
@latershrader EDD 9/12/17 with a little boy 
@EmilyE13 EDD 9/28/17 with a little girl
@ChocolateIsLife  EDD 10/21/17 with a little girl
@mous-2 EDD 10/22/17 with boy/girl twins! 
@PolythenePam EDD 10/31/17 with a little boy
@Joslynj11 EDD ?? with a little girl 
@hopeby2015  EDD ?? with twin boys!

Congratulations to @ARB425 on the birth of little Karolina! Congratulations also to @tiffanyw1783 on the births of Audrey & Olivia! So happy for you both!!
*TW below*
Me: 40 DH: 38
TTC since November 2012
BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

Re: 3rd Trimester Check In Week of August 14

• Options
    Sorry for the late post this week. I'm settling into being home all day and time just got away from me today! All of my animals are so confused. They are surrounding me right now, so happy that I'm home but not sure for how long. LOL! I will be leaving the house in about an hour to go see my MFM for another BPP & NST. It sure is a lot of work being out of work!
    All is well though. This COULD be my last week. I think I'll find out today or Thursday. Eeek! Unbelievable.

@Joslynj11 & @hopeby2015 - I had no brain capacity to do the math on your due dates. If you let me know what they are I'll update the above. If I somehow missed it, sorry! 
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• Options
    Good luck at your appointment today @latershrader

I've got my 37 week appointment tomorrow, but can tell you right now little Beau man is still laying transverse. Everyone is steadily losing hope for his flip but it can still happen so flippy vibes continue to be appreciated ;) Can't believe he'll be here in just over two weeks time. It's like the two week wait again to close out the pregnancy haha. Been having trouble sleeping and have had some intense contractions over the last four days that stopped me in my tracks. Don't think it's necessarily a sign he's coming early or anything, but may allow my OB to check my cervix tomorrow in case I am progressing. Since he's transverse, as soon as I go into labor I need to head to the hospital for c-section so it may be good to know if that's impending... 

---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @latershrader Ahhh you are almost there that is so exciting!!! Let us know how your appointment goes! <3

Congratulations to @ARB425 and @tiffanyw1783 !!!!! <3

I was kind of mia the past few weeks. Honestly just really tired and busy. Started needing naps to just function lately :D  I had my baby shower over the weekend and it was so perfect. There was a tiny bit of in law drama but I was able to avoid it for the most part. The shower theme was earthy/woods/animals and there were sunflowers everywhere. <3 Other than that I'm just finishing up my web design class this week, and will have the rest of the trimester to purge our house and organize everything, huahuahua. 

QOTW: I have not been sleeping well since 2nd trimester. Just laying on my side hurts my back and i get restless legs pretty frequently. I wake up with about a dozen pillows surrounding me though so I'm sure I look ridiculous.  :D  Pre pregnancy I used to sleep-eat pretty regularly, but its only happened a few times while pregnant. I would mainly wake up eating chips, cookies or peanut butter. Weird stuff!

Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @latershrader Hope your appointment goes well today! Crazy to think it might be your last week. My dog has been thrown off his routine with me being home too. I'm hoping we can get into a new routine.

@oxinfree The 2WW is exactly how it feels! Although this point, I'm beyond 2 weeks of waiting. Lol.

@ChocolateIsLife Sleep eating would freak me out. Can't imagine it at all!

AFM, I'm still pregnant and hoping that won't be the case much longer.  :D Had another NST today and everything looked great, so I go back Thursday for another. At this point, I'm just waiting and trying a bunch of different things to get labor to start naturally. No date set for inducing. My OB is being awesome and letting me keep going.

QOTW: nothing strange sleep wise for me. I'm an insanely sound sleeper though and did sleep through a fire alarm in college. Luckily it was just a drill.  :)
  • Options
    Stars2016Stars2016 member
    edited August 2017
    Hi everyone! I have 10 days to go until my due date, but hoping I go sooner. My husband starts a brand new job 4 days after I'm due and we are really hoping to avoid him having to call out on his first few days if I go late. Also, I'm starting to get really uncomfortable and I'm beyond ready to hold my little man for the first time  :)

@latershrader I hope that your appointment went well, I'm sure your animals love having you home!

@oxinfree I hope your OB can give you some answers tomorrow about if it looks like he might come early! What do your contractions feel like? I've had some pains here/there but nothing I'm sure are contractions yet.

@ChocolateIsLife I'm glad you had a great shower, the outfits are adorable!

@persnickity Good luck with everything, I hope your little one comes soon!!

• Options
    @persnickity if I wake up while doing it, it's definitely freaky and confusing. Otherwise I usually don't wake up, and just hear about it from DH. I hope labor gets started naturally for you soon! Does your OB have a limit before helping get things moving?

@oxinfree ahh I can only imagine how the last 2 weeks slow down like the TWW! FX that baby Beau flips for you. <3
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    36 weeks + 3 days here with my girl! Had our 'final ultrasound' today and she's still looking good! I got my first cervix check and I am 1.5 cm dilated already. This is really good news as my OB is talking to me about getting induced in 3 weeks. My Little Rabbit has a massive head and is estimated to be 7 lbs already and there is concern I may not be able to deliver if we go to 40 weeks and beyond. I need my cervix to be about 2 cm dilated to avoid a greater risk of a C-Section and since I'm already 1.5, I am feeling pretty good about my odds. 

@oxinfree I'm not giving up on Beau flipping!!! But honestly I know it will all be great no matter what happens. 

@Stars2016 FX for you to meet your little boy soon!

@latershrader so hard to believe this could be your last week!!! keep us updated. 
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• Options
    @ChocolateIsLife My OB hasn't talked about a date yet. I think DH is going to push for this weekend if things don't happen before then. But we're good to slowly work on the induction and ease into it. I'm trying everything to get things moving before my next appointment on Thursday.
  • Options
    @persnickity Do you like eggplant parmesan by chance? There is a famous "labor-inducing" recipe, not sure how accurate it is but if you like the recipe it could be a tasty meal regardless! 

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/recipe?id=6877112
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ARB425ARB425 member
    edited August 2017
    *lurking*
    @oxinfree has your OB discussed ECV(manual procedure to turn baby)? I know it only works about 50% the time. Of course it has its risks and I know that's why some people shy from it but I wanted to throw that out there. 

@persnickity I give you so much credit for being so patient on meeting your little one! Keep doing what you are doing and hopefully she will come on her own! 

BTW we are loving the BabyConnect app to track feedings, diapers, pump sessions etc. it has been so useful and it has all these nifty grafts. 
  • Options
    Hi Everyone - also still pregnant but this will likely be my last check in! My next appt is Thursday where I'll have an ultrasound and another cervical check - if that all goes well I'm set to be induced at 41 weeks on Sunday August 20th. I guess I'm 1-2 cm dilated but I was told that at 36 weeks when I was having some serious pressure feelings (which I don't really have anymore lol) so nothing has changed. I still have a funny feeling about Wednesday but...I also really think I'll be induced lol. But I'm ok with either one - just really hoping not to have to have a c-section but if it happens, there will be a reason for it and it'll happen. I'm still quite comfortable - hasn't slowed me down. Re-potted about 10 plants today, vacuumed my car and went for a walk with DH today. I'm still so thankful that I've had a great pregnancy, continue to and all potential problems with the migraines and cyst never materialized the way that the doctors were worried they would. Now...just to get this labour and delivery to keep on that pace. I made some sweet padsicles as a positive energy movement towards a vaginal birth :)

@oxinfree - gah the traverse position is uncomfortable sometimes eh. Parker liked to sit that way a lot and I think still tries. A couple times I would think "so help me if you flip breech right now" because it felt like he could (and I honestly think at one point he did and flipped right back). Still time lady - Flip Beau Flip!!

@omarismyhomeboy - 7lbs already eh! Wow - good job growing that little girl. That's the way all my mother's girls were! I'm sure you'll get to that 2cm!

@persnickity - you've always had each step just before me so maybe my funny feeling about Wednesday will be your day!! You're doing great!

@latershrader - Thursday is a big day for all of us it seems hehe. Good luck today!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    I'm so excited to see some of you ladies that were with me in first tri get so close...we all are so close!!!
    @oxinfree I still have hope that Beau will turn, but either way I know you are at peace and just eager to be a momma!!
    @omarismyhomeboy 7lbs! Glad you have a healthy girl! I'm positive you'll get your 2cm and all will be well. So excited for you!
    @JWatt5 You are such a trooper! I can hardly walk around the grocery store these days let alone vacuum! LOL! (Sciatic nerve pain is awful!) Fingers crossed for a lucky Wednesday!!
    @persnickity You are a trooper too! What a great OB to not push for induction. Hope you have a lucky Wednesday or Thursday in your future too!
    @ChocolateIsLife Your shower looks adorable and hopefully the drama was swept aside quickly! Hope you are getting as many naps as you need! They do help!
    AFM, my appointment went well. All of my numbers were spot on, so this babe is ok to keep cooking for at least 2 more weeks; possibly even 3. During all the hospitalization drama my MFM was talking about delivering me at 37 weeks...but we have kept our AFI numbers up so we are staying the course. This was good news, but I was a just little disappointed...I'm ready to be a mom. But I know it's best for my little man to stay in there and get bigger. He is quite a chunk at 6lbs 10oz this week.
    My OB checked me on Friday and I am not dilated at all and I have not felt any contractions. But I'm hopeful that this next week will help me move in that direction. 
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• Options
    Love seeing everyone's updates! I can't believe how many babies are joining so soon. For anyone super close, I got my membranes swept and the next night got into a giant fight with my husband... the combo did the trick haha, went into labor during the fight! So worth a shot ;)

29 weeks, traveling with family this week. Slightly overwhelmed, I had my daughters 4 year checkup today and now we have to squeeze in a few more appts for her to follow up on some stuff. So her school starting, OB appts increasing and now some extra appts for her... when can a girl nap?? Haha. Feeling good though, my MIL asked what else we need for baby boy so I'm thankful she's helping take a bit off our plate.

QOTW I'm exhausted but have insomnia, how is that possible. My daughter has been waking mid night with crazy requests or wanting to snuggle and I can't fall back asleep. I guess getting ready for what's to come?? :) I can't turn down the snuggles from her though since I feel bad she's about to get her world rocked so it's all worth it. 
  • Options
    @ARB425 I was wondering if you found an app you liked! Thanks for the suggestion! At this point, the induction process is going to likely start over the weekend, so it's a matter of days. Like you, I'm hoping to avoid the epidural and c-section. Hopefully things work out that way.

@ChocolateIsLife I was just telling DH about that recipe last night! It may be our dinner Thursday.  :)

@JWatt5 Wednesday sounds like a great day for us both to go into labor. Or Thursday. Or really any day.  ;)

@latershrader Yay for everything looking good!! The two weeks will go quickly. It seems like forever the first few days and speeds up after that.
  • Options
    @latershrader - Thanks! DH and I were laughing the other day because this kinda feels like a weird joke at this point. I'm feeling fine, we've been ready for weeks so we don't see the bassinet set up and all the other baby stuff the same way now...it's just supposed to be there. We're moving along just the same each week/weekend - is there actually a baby coming? hehe But yep - yesterday was the first day we could say "we're going to have a son this time next week" eeekkkk!! hehe   Great to see you are moving along well too!! Keep cooking that sweet baby!
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Options
    @oxinfree don't give up on him flipping. Audrey had been breech for forever and both my OB and MFM said there was no way she would be able to turn b/c there were two of them and Olivia was so big. But she somehow flipped in the last 2-3 days before my c-section. But Olivia had been transverse forever and didn't turn at all when Audrey flipped. There is still
    hope!!!! If he does flip right before your c-section, will you OB change the plan and let you go vaginally??

TTC for 8 years.
    Started in 2008 with timed intercourse, ovulation testing, no official monitoring.
    OB-GYN recommended Clomid and timed intercourse, attempted for 6 straight months.
    First surgery June 2009 (OB-GYN): diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and large hydrosalpinx on right tube.
    Second surgery (July 2009, RE performed this): Right tube had to be removed, lots of adhesions removed.
    Attempted "trying on our own" as per RE recommendations, unsuccessful 5-6 months.
    HSG performed December 2009: left tube open.
    February 2010: started Femara and timed intercourse, attempted 6 months, no BFPs.
    Took a break for a while.
    January 2011: started IUI process, ovaries never properly responded to medications, 6 failed attempts, never actually completed an IUI.
    Took 2012-2014 off due to depression and frustration (side note: did complete grad school to become a nurse practitioner- great distraction).
    2015: started seeing RE again, went through tons of testing and HSG, left tube now blocked, only option is IVF.
    September 2015: Started first official IVF cycle, cancelled in October due to large cyst on left ovary.
    October 2015: started on birth control for 2 months.
    December 2015: attempted to start another IVF cycle, cysts on both ovaries on initial ultrasound, left was huge, cancelled to aspirated cyst.
    January 2016: Cyst back, surgery for ex-lap, cyst and adhesions removed.
    March 2016: Attempted second IVF cycle, estrogen way too high, cyst back, cancelled again.
    April 2016: Third attempted IVF cycle, 7 eggs retrieved, 2 mature (but not great) embryos made to fresh transfer, neither implanted.
    May-Sept 2016: Break to regain sanity.
    Sept-Oct 2016: Attempted fourth IVF cycle, very successful, cyst still on left but we ignored. 7 mature "great looking" eggs retrieved, 4 mature embryos made it to day 5 transfer. Transfer aborted due to large amount of endometriosis fluid in uterus.
    FET of 2 embryos completed on 12/12/16.
    12/22/16 1st Beta 179 BFP!!!
    12/24/16 2nd Beta 449!!
    EDD 8/30/17 with two girls!!!!!

Audrey (4lb 8oz) and Olivia (6lb 6oz) born 8/10/17!!

• Options
    Oh man, leave the board for a few days and feel so behind haha... here goes...

@ChocolateIsLife - loved your "huahuahua" about deep cleaning and purging... it feels sooooo good. I've been going crazy nesting myself over here. I swear the house will never be this clean and organized again haha. Glad you had a nice baby shower. Sunflowers make me happy :)

@persnickity - wow you are a true champ. Good for you, and great that your ob is being supportive but also monitoring you well. Hope tomorrow's appointment goes great! <3

@Stars2016 - gosh that's stressful with hubby starting a new job. Most first babies come late, but whenever he comes I'm sure it'll all work itself out! In terms of what the contractions have felt like, they stop me in my tracks and I kind of forget to breathe for a moment. I personally feel them most on my sides and my belly gets really hard. They come on out of nowhere very strong for me, and then dissipate slowly. I also have random bouts of more what I'd equate to period pains that are more pelvis region... those come on slowly and fade off and although noticeable, aren't painful. That's just my experience thus far...

@omarismyhomeboy - wow amazing that you're already dilated 1.5! I think your plan to be induced etc. sounds promising, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you ;) 

@ARB425 - yes, my OB has mentioned version and ECV a few times now. We weren't comfortable with the risks given the weak stats. I am pretty sensitive and tight and we just don't think it would be successful. I am trusting my gut on this one and declining. My OB also has a feeling that I may have a heart shaped uterus and if that were the case a version wouldn't work anyways. My personal sentiment is that if baby hasn't turned despite trying to do all the natural things possible, there's probably a good reason for it, and forcing it isn't a good idea. But I know everyone is different. Natural labor is important to me, but delivering a healthy baby safely is more so. <3 PS. checked out your app recommendation... looks great. It's the 4.99 one right!? 

@JWatt5 - eeeee last appointment tomorrow. I can't believe we're already here at the finish line! I hope labor starts naturally for you, but regardless it's going to be wonderful and amazing and you get to hold baby so so soon! So excited for you <3<3<3

@latershrader - so so happy to hear your appointment went well and that baby is going to be able to have some extra time to "cook" as you put it ;) that's such a relief I'm sure, but I also totally get just wanting to be a mom and having a tinge of disappointment at not meeting him sooner! Big hugs. You're almost there! 

@Polythene Pam - ohh the insomnia and tiredness... good times! so frustrating I know, and I'm sure having a busy 4 yr old doesn't make that any easier. Big hugs.

@tiffanyw1783 - thanks hun, yes have not given up on hoping, and absolutely if he flips (even on day of c-section) we'll aim to go vaginally. My OB really wants to try and give me a vaginal birth and is disappointed for us that it doesn't appear to be in the cards. 

AFM - I had my 37 week appointment yesterday and he's still transverse but has moved up a bit into more of a breech position. I keep trying to "encourage" him to rotate the long way around now since he kept getting stuck the way he was going... so the fact he showed a bit of movement is good, and hopefully he keeps circling around and down the other side haha... never know!? fx We went over a bunch of the info for C-Section and Eric and I are both a little nervous I'll be honest, but the more educated we get the more prepared we feel so that's a positive. 2 weeks from today he'll be delivered and I'll have a newborn! We're just in awe and excitement for how our world is going to change so soon <3:)<3
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @oxinfree Putting our trust in our bodies can be hard, but at the end of the day is always a good thing to do. It's about what feels right in that moment. And whatever ends up happening, if it feels right then it is the right thing to do. I'm sure you're aware of it, but the baby mapping stuff as part of the spinning babies has been helpful for me. I like being able to better identify where she's at at different points in time. Very cool to watch them move!

@Joslynj11 I know I'm kinda odd about all of this, but I'm actually hoping not to talk induction dates with my OB. I'd like to understand options and then be able to go home and think about things more. Not having a date is better for me mentally.
  • Options
    @oxinfree you have to trust your gut! I know one person who had it done and it didn't work. She said it was pretty painful and her stomach was bruised up! I'm not sure I would be comfortable doing it either so I totally get it! What is meant to be, will be! That's encouraging he has changed positions slightly!
    Babyconnect is the 4.99 app. It's been so helpful. I feel like I have still have pregnancy brain most days so this keeps up on track!
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Sorry I'm checking in so late. It's been a hellishly busy time at the office lately, so I'm just trying to keep my head above water these days. 

@oxinfree Sending flippy thoughts your way!
    @persnickity I think it's great that your doc hasn't pushed for induction. Your patience is impressive!
    @Joslynj11 That looks like a perfect spot for a babymoon, and I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy time with DH. 

AFM, 34 weeks today with the little girl. As mentioned above, it's been a rough week. Other than the high stress levels at work, I had a bug or some other food reaction and had really bad stomach/intestine issues on Tuesday, which triggered a bunch of BH contractions. Overall the BH have been on the rise. Then, I had my OB appt today and had a scare with my initial blood pressure reading, which was really high. The next reading was back to normal, but I spent the rest of the appointment crying about how intense it is at work and home lately and how I know I'm not taking ideal care of myself and not taking time to eat or rest. Luckily my OB can empathize with my Type A personality, but she was pretty firm that I need to slow down and start delegating more stuff at this point. My baby is growing like a champ, but she warned me that I'm going to be the one who suffers. So, that was some tough love I needed. My first step in delegation today was stepping back from house cleaning to get ready to host people for my baby shower this weekend. DH was awesome and stepped right up, which was just what I needed. 
    Ahh just looked at the length of this post--sorry for the novel!

• Options
    @JWatt5 - eeeeee so exciting. So glad all is looking good <3
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    Sorry for the late reply this week.  I've been trying to find like 5 mins to type this up on a computer because its way too hard to do on my phone.

latershrader - sorry, pg brain.  I'm due 10/31.  I'm glad everything has gone well with your appt!  While, I understand wanting to see and hold the lil man, hopefully he stays put for a couple more weeks to grow a lil!  And hopefully, these last weeks will fly by!
    oxinfree - sending you some flipping vibes!
    ChocolateIsLife - onesies are adorable!  Glad you were able to avoid the drama.
    @omarismyhomeboy - those first 5 cm, take sooo much time (according to my ob).  I hope you can get to 2 by your next appt!
    JWatt5 - good luck!  it's only a matter of days now till you meet the lil one!  Btw, I had the balloon thing done and it didn't work that well for me.  But hopefully, it works for you!
    Polythene Pam  - Aw!  I can relate.  I come home really late some days and pretty exhausted but too guilty to not play with dd for a bit.  Besides, how can you say no to that face (sometimes ...)
    Joslynj11 - It looks so beautiful and you guys look so relaxed!  Enjoy it!
    EmilyE13 - gotta keep that blood pressure in check.  I'm glad dh was understanding and is helping you out a bit!

AFM, I'm 29 weeks and 3 days.  I think we will finally get done to it and start really cleaning up the house.  I feel like I say that every week but I really mean it this time.  I'm mostly starting to feel exhausted - I work like 10-11 hours days Monday thru Friday (to save some paid time for maternity leave) and on top of that I have my sister's bridal shower on 9/16 to prep for.  The good news is my parents are hosting a tiny sprinkle for me at their house on 9/30.  I wasn't expecting anything but with 2 boys coming, we will need all the help we can get.  Also, I'd hate to get like $500-1000 worth of clothes.  It's like thank you, I appreciate it but I kinda wish I would've gotten a car seat or 2 instead.  Hopefully, they stay put until then.

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My little girl entered this world Saturday, August 19th around 7:45pm. It was a crazy birth experience, but was perfect.

Ended up starting the process Thursday night and laboring naturally until Saturday at 5am when I needed to get an epidural due to exhaustion. Ended up with a cesarian Saturday night due to the baby not progressing. Her head was getting stuck in my pelvis and I would never have been able to deliver her naturally. It was very different from my plan, but I felt so empowered and comfortable with getting to make choices.
  • Options
    ARB425ARB425 member
    edited August 2017
    @persnickity congratulations!  I'm sorry it didn't go as planned but being able to feel in control and empowered is an amazing thing! It's crazy how seeing that little person in your arms changes everything and you don't even remember what you went through to get there! 
  • Options
    @persnickity Congratulations on meeting your little girl! I hope recovery is going well. 
  • Options
    @persnickity congrats!! I hope you're able to rest up and feel better quickly!
  • Options
    @persnickity Congrats on welcoming your little girl!!
    Me: 29 DH:38
    First RE Consult 3/9/2016
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
    FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
    2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
    3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
    6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
    10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
    *Praying that 3 is our charm*

• Options
    @ARB425 It was not at all what I envisioned from the actual things that happened, but it was everything I wanted from the emotional side. The whole team allowed me to feel empowered to make decisions. There was no force or fear. In the end, the emotional side made birth everything I could have ever wanted.
  • Options
    @persnickity - congrats!!  Hope you have a quick recovery!

@jwatt5 - congrats!!  Aw!  So glad to hear you are both doing well.  Fwiw, i had a 3rd degree tear with my 1st and it healed relatively quickly.  Hope you have a quick recovery!

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We had a lot of babies born in the last few days! Congrats to all. 
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• Options
    Oh my goodness congratulations to all the new mamas!!!!! What a great weekend for these precious little babies to join our lives. <3 I had my hospital tour on Sunday, and they were saying that there was a big increase in births over the weekend, and suggested that it had to do with the eclipse. Congratulations again @persnickity and @JWatt5 <3
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JWatt5 aw congrats! Best news!!
  • Options
    @ChocolateIsLife The hospital here had so many deliveries, they had to open the overflow wing and call in additional staff. They've had more in a few days than they average over a month.
  • Options
    @JWatt5 Congrats on getting to welcome your little boy!! So exciting seeing our babies be born!!
    Me: 29 DH:38
    First RE Consult 3/9/2016
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
    FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
    2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
    3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
    6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
    10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
    *Praying that 3 is our charm*

• Options
    @persnickity that is so wild!!! Definitely need to include the eclipse shenanigans in the baby book!
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ChocolateIsLife - my hospital- same thing. It was packed yesterday/today. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Options
    @jwatt5 congratulations!! I hope you and baby are doing well!