August 2017 Moms

Birth Announcements

2»

Re: Birth Announcements

• Loading the player...
  • I was due aug 6 but my little guy decided to come on July 31. On July 30 around 11pm I started having contractions really close together. Gradually they grew apart. An hour later my daughter woke up and I was still having contractions 5 mins apart. Since things happened so quickly with my daughter we tried to get to the hospital quickly but we had to figure out a sitter option and it was 1 in the morning at this point lol. When we eventually got to the hospital I was 5cm. They had me walk around. About 2 hours later I go get checked again. They said I was almost 6cm so they admitted me. When I finally got settled in my room I was checked again and was told I was still 5cm. So they started me on a low dose of pitocin, so I got the epidural. It only took to my right side though, but it wasn’t so bad. Mostly it felt like a cramp from running. So it was annoying. The contractions got really close together. Around 5/530pm they checked me again. Barely a 6. So 530pm they break my water. Immediately the contractions were so much stronger and since my epi only worked on one side I was feeling so much on the left. 6:01 pm my little man was born. 7 pounds even, 20 1/4” long. He had some issues with jaundice so we had to stay in the hospital an extra day. He’s now 9 pounds 12 1/2 oz and 21”! 
  • I'm a little late on posting... but at 36 weeks Allie Elizabeth Robbins decided she was ready to meet mom and dad! Weighing 5 lbs 5.4 oz and 17.5 inches long. The nurses and midwife said delivery was a textbook delivery and I was in the hospital 6 hours before she was born. She is such a blessing and we are loving parenthood!