August 2017 Moms

Birth Stories

2»

Re: Birth Stories

• @JDBtwinmama sorry to read about the rough start! He is adorable! Hope you guys can all be home soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • @JDBtwinmama oh gracious! What an eventful week you've had! Praying that Miles continues to improve and you can all go home healthy and happy!
  • @JDBtwinmama Ugh sorry to hear you're still waiting on baby to come home.  I know how it can be waiting for those bilirubin levels to drop. So frustrating. Hang in there.. they will come down soon and you guys will be home enjoying him!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks everybody!   I think the hardest part is that we expected no NICU time after having so much with the twins.   He's definitely worth all the trouble though!  
  • @JDBtwinmama Not that it is any easier, but at least this time you are a NICU pro after experiencing it with your twins! Praying that Miles DOES get to come home tomorrow, and you can all be together!!
  • @JDBtwinmama I hope that Miles is home soon (if not already)!

@AB518 Congrats on your baby boy - I hope that your tear heels quickly! They are the worst!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• @mrsjqg1024 that sounds like quite a ride, but you seem to be coping awesomely!  Hope recovery continues for you both!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• @mrsjqg1024 that's quite the experience!!! I'm so sorry baby is in the NICU. One of my best friends had a NICU baby and couldn't do lots of the things you're talking about, so know that the sadness you're feeling is totally normal. One of the things I've heard with NICU babies is to hard core celebrate ALL the milestones, so if you're breastfeeding today, celebrate that milestone big time! Thinking of you both! 
  • This time around I had a planned c section based on my first birth and my risk to have another emergency. My c section was planned for 9am on August 16 and at 4am that day my water broke (dramatics! LOL)

we get to the hospital and they they give us the option to either try a natural birth or just bump up the c section. We chose to bump up my c section as I had mentally prepared for this for the majority of my pregnancy. 

Good thing we decided to go with our c section as planned, as my uterus was so thin, they knicked the baby's head with the scalpel. They also said if I would of tried naturally, my uterus was so thin I would of most likely ruptured and hemorrhages, which would of been a much bigger emergency then my first birth. We now must wait a minimum of 2 years before even thinking of getting pregnant and I'll have to do some tests to see if I'll be able to carry again too. 

However through all of this, we have a healthy, happy baby xo.