December 2017 Moms

The Bachelorette

2»

Re: The Bachelorette

• I'm really super sad about BIP.  I mean, glad they shut it down considering, but sad that my guilty pleasure is gone.

I think the biggest difference about this season for me is that a lot of the guys seem to actually have jobs and lives.  Even the first night I was like "wow, most of these guys are smart and successful."  It strange to see compared to other seasons where they all had weird, random made up "careers".  
  • @tamaraaaa I agree! Well, except for "aspiring drummer," "whaboom," and "tickle monster." But anyway, I always wonder about the wish list that the bachelor/ette gives to the producers. Since Rachel is pretty focused on her job, I'm not surprised that a lot of the guys have legit careers. It's nice to see.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so glad whaboom guy didn't make it far. I was sure that the producers were going to make her keep him for a few more episodes. 
  • leighalou91leighalou91 member
    edited June 2017
    Okay, im going to preface this with the obvious: I love Rachel! But, am I the only one that thinks it was a little mean/misleading for Rachel to pick up the date group rose and ask Fred to walk with her out of the room?! Like why did she have to take the rose with her?? I'm glad she sent him home because it was obvious she wasn't feeling it... but c'mooooon.

edited for spelling 
  • @peachy13 I'm also super interested to see if they address the BIP scandal tomorrow. That whole situation is so odd. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @leighaw91 That made me cringe and seems out of character for her! I wonder if the producers had her do it? Poor Fred, I just cringed.
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @breezybee YESSSSS. I heard the Corrine/DeMario thing happened the first night of filming, so I wonder if they will start a fresh production, or if they will resume as if it's the following day. I wonder if Corrine/DeMario are even coming back to paradise to resume filming -- I would guess no? 

But either way, I'm glad there was no serious outcome of the investigation and that we get our guilty pleasure back. :) 

• Does this all feel like some strange publicity stunt? Which I hope it isn't because I heard DeMario lost his job. If you check out Reality Steve he links to an article where Raven basically says Corrine was throwing herself at all the guys and the producers asked her to stop drinking and she said, "just watch what I'm going to do." She seems like a gem.

I'm assuming she and DeMario won't be back in Paradise, but who knows?!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have not watched last nights episode yet, but Monday's nights... Wow, she really needs to get rid of all the guys with drama. Thankfully she got rid of the one dude (the CEO guy, can't remember his name), but Lee, Eric, and Kenny all need to go!  Lee especially.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • wow, who watched last night? I didn't realize it was a 2-night thing this week. **SPOILERS AHEAD** I'm tempted to call last night's ep "The Black Wedding" (GoT reference) because all but one of the brothers went home! I was sad to see Kenny go home and also Will... I was really thinking he and Rachel would have a connection but yikes, that date was painful to watch. I liked Anthony but didn't see it going very far, and didn't really think Josiah was the one either. 

So still left in the running is: Peter and Bryan (my top two), Dean, Eric... and Adam and Matt (who are still there for some reason even though neither of them have had any meaningful connections with Rachel yet in my opinion). 

• #teamPeter and Bryan too! Watching the Will date was excruciatingly awkward. No chemistry at all! 
  • vvitchhazelvvitchhazel member
    edited June 2017
    I like Bryan a lot, but I'm Team Peter because he's from here! And he's slightly less intense while still being absolutely delicious!

ETA: I really love Dean too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm guessing either Peter or Bryan to win, and whoever loses is probably the next Bachelor. 

• I like Dean! I saw a post about how looks just like the ken "fuckboy" Barbie and it makes me laugh now every time!! I'll attach the link if I can find it
  • https://www.betches.com/new-ken-dolls-are-all-fuckboys 
    I was dying I feel like there is a cast member for each of these dolls lol 
  • lol I could not figure out who the hell this Alex guy was that she eliminated!  I don't remember ever seeing him!
    Lee HAD to go. I'm so glad she saw through his bs. 
    Im trying really hard to hold myself back from Reality Steve - I want to be surprised this time!
  • Peter is so much YES from me.  
  • Soo... who watched last night? Thoughts? 

I personally am not surprised but still a little disappointed. Obviously Rachel wanted to pick the safe bet, the guy who was more than willing to get married and settle down. But I think she wanted to pick Peter if he had said he was ready to propose. This reminded me of Chris's season of the Bachelor when he picked the safe bet just because Becca didn't say she was ready, even though everyone knew he was crazy for Becca. Oh well. Hopefully everything works out, and hopefully Peter is the next bachelor!

I'm dying for BIP to start next week. OMG. Are Evan and Carly getting married in the first episode? Did you all hear they're expecting?

• I'm not going to lie, I'm so mad about it.  Spoilers ahead.

First, I liked her a lot until last night.  She was a bitter little asshole to Peter and talked to him like an idiot, and her behavior at the proposal was just downright stupid.  She came across as a bratty little ring chaser, especially when she yelled "give me that ring!" or whatever.  

What she is doing with Brian is EXACTLY what she would be doing with Peter right now, minus a ring on her finger.  They are dating, and getting to know each other.  THE. SAME. THING.  But now you've pretty much determined the ring is more important, so you picked-actually no, you were left with-the guy that you didn't even like as much, but then you had the nerve to come on tv and pretend you did actually like him the best at the hometown?  I call bull.  You told another guy you loved him the night before this jacked up proposal and if I were Brian I would bounce, fast.

Obviously I have a lot of feelings about this and I'm still mad this morning.  But she left me with complete ew vibes last night and I did not like her at all by the end of those long, drawn out three hours.  

• Team Peter obviously.
  • Peter 4 ever. The long goodbye and her feelings for him were 10x more intense than whatever was going on at the eventual proposal.  

I understand not wanting to repeat past mistakes, but doing things bass ackwards to avoid any resemblance to the past is SO STUPID.  Peter seemed so genuine and is super smoking hot. Ugh.

i thought Eric was great, too! I am not surprised that he was eliminated,but thought he seemed like a wonderful man.
  • Can we all talk about how Bryan's mom is actually crazy? You never pick the one with the crazy mom that said she would kill someone if they hurt her son. Avoid that at all costs. 

I wonder who will be the next bachelor.... 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • breezybeebreezybee member
    edited August 2017
    This will NEVER last. Rachel and Peter were such a better match. Red flags all over the place with Bryan. His smarmy, fake affection, his crazy mother, the fact that her whole family thought he was totally phony. Rachel, come ON!!!!  
    Peter for the next bachelor!!!
  • I have a crush on Peter for real. Lol! That goodbye kiss was wow and Rachel was so salty last night it showed how much she still cares. Bryan is as fake as his cheek implants. 
  • If Peter isn't the next Bachelor, I'm boycotting.  
  • missphilmissphil member
    edited August 2017
    *spoilers obvi*

It would be a mistake for Peter to be the next bachelor since he's so against committing to mariage after knowing someone for only 6 weeks. Unless he was just not that into Rachel. I can understand that Rachel doesn't want to repeat the same patterns that she did with her exes, but I don't see a long term relationship with Bryan (ugh, his mom is the worst). Peter was a way better match but it seemed more important for her to get the ring. I understand that Peter might not want to get engaged after only 6 weeks, but at the same time, if you really love someone, you put that sh*t aside to be with them no matter what. Why would Rachel want to be with someone who doesn't do everything they can to end up with her?
    Personality wise I think Rachel was the best candidate ever for Bachelorette, but this season was the worst ever. I hated the way they organized the finale and the whole Peter drama took over the whole episode leaving the proposal with Bryan a few minutes only (not that is was THAT interesting, but it takes away from the viewers seeing that relationship as important).

edit: I would love to see Peter as Bachelor but it would be a huge slap in the face to Rachel  :o
  • I'm super afraid he won't agree to be the Bachelor for this reason as well...  It's almost like he has too much sense for it but picturing anyone else from her season is a no for me.

Like I said above, I really liked her until the finale.  And if I would have had to watch more of that proposal?  I don't think I could have handled it without puking.  The set up made the whole thing really uncomfortable though, totally agree.
  • @tamaraaaa Well they may very well not choose anyone from this season of Bachelorette to be the next Bachelor. They have picked someone new in the past...
  • I can't remember - when is the last time there has been someone new cast? 

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• They may pull from BiP or someone new, but rumor has it that Peter will be the next Bachelor.  
    I thought it was very strange the Rachel was clearly trying to prevent that from happening during the interview segments, "this show just isn't right for you,"  "this process isn't for you,"  etc.  For someone who claims to have found their best life and true love with Bryan, she spent a lot of energy worrying about Peter.  

You made a mistake, woman.
  • There is no way they go outside of the Bachelor franchise for someone totally new....  They said they were waiting to see how BIP turned out, potentially checking to see how Dean did (not well I heard) so I just can't imagine they don't offer Peter the world to be the Bachelor.