Infertility

September IVF

I've been reading through the July/August thread but am not set to start my first go at IVF until the beginning of September. Starting lupron Sept. 2 and my official start date for IVF is September 6. The anticipation is the worst! I've already started birth control to maintain my cycle. Anyone else doing IVF around the same time or sometime in September?
Me & DH: 28  |  TTC since May 2016  |  DH: Morphology 0%  |  2 IUI's with Clomid - BFN  |  IVF ICSI Sept. 2017

Re: September IVF

• @esikes1228 We will also be starting IVF in September, probably toward the end of the month. Good luck to you!

How long total will you be on birth control? I'm not sure how early I should start mine.

• Hello, Ladies!

I just scheduled my first IVF cycle with retrieval date around September 12th... Very excited but also scared... In the process of ordering all the drugs, can't wait to get them! Our clinic provides Menopur at discounted price but the rest of them I have to order elsewhere. Do you guys order the drugs yourself? Where are you planning to get them from?
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    BFP Apr 2017 - late diagnosed EP, right tube removed, left tube scarred.
    Dx: tubal IF
    IVF Sept 2017, 7 R, 6M, 6F- 4 blasts, 1 transferred fresh - CP
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
    FET #3 BFP!!! EDD 12/15/2018!
  • Loading the player...
  • @adirat Good luck to you too! I'll be on it for about 5 and a half weeks. They had already set my start date for the 6th of September (i'm guessing they batch dates) and my period was going to hit about a week before so they had me go ahead and jump on it, I"ll just have a really long cycle leading up to! Did they give you any idea of when they expected you to start it? 

@DecemberDoll27 Totally get being excited and scared all at the same time. This process is not for the faint at heart, I feel like I've gone through every emotion there is! We actually just got our box of drugs today, ChrIVFsmas! We did order our own, we got all of them but the lupron through acaria specialty pharmacy. The lupron, my DH found a goodRX coupon to use at Walmart's specialty pharmacy and it saved us $400 so you may try that :smile:  It sounds like you'll be starting soon with a retrieval on the 12th? 
    Me & DH: 28  |  TTC since May 2016  |  DH: Morphology 0%  |  2 IUI's with Clomid - BFN  |  IVF ICSI Sept. 2017
  • @esikes1228 Our Dr has a special protocol so I am not doing Lupron in the beginning of the cycle for some reason, we only use it to trigger with HCG. It kind of makes me worried but this clinic has the highest success rate in the area so I am willing to try it.  
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • @esikes1228 We have to wait for the PGD lab to give us the green light (I carry an x linked disease we are going to screen for) so I'm hoping to get on the Sept 15 round at my RE's. If not then the last week of September. Eeekk so much anticipation just like you said! 

@DecemberDoll27 My insurance wants me to use a mail order pharmacy called Freedom. I don't know much about protocols yet but those stats at your place must be reassuring! Good luck! 

• @adirat So would you do a IVF cycle and a fresh transfer or would you do a FET since they are screening after? Ah I hope you get into the mid Sept round! It feels like a constant waiting game with infertility, it looks like from your signature we started ttc around the same time but I feel like it's been years just because of the constant waiting! 

@DecemberDoll27 If thye've got good stats then fingers crossed! :) My clinic/dr has good stats too but it's hard not to second guess stuff. You have to be your own advocate but I also know my RE does this everyday and pretty successfully so I'm trying to sit back and trust him to do his job. 
  • @esikes1228 We are doing all frozen so that they can do the testing. My RE allows fresh transfers but he said that the chances are better with frozen transfers for most women anyway so I feel pretty good about it. Essentially he said my body can "heal" from the IVF and get prepped to focus on receiving the embryo with the best possible chances. So that made me feel better!

Are you doing fresh or frozen?

I know exactly what you mean about it feeling like years have passed...we started TTC the month we got married and it's like I can't even remember a time before TTC now. So much waiting! May I ask what your IF diagnosis is?

• Hey everyone! My retrieval will be around September 6th! I'm on BC now and start stims on August 22nd! So exciting. I'm glad this thread started. Waiting is the worst. We are doing frozen so transfer will be in December! 
    • Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• Hi @irisheyes81! Good luck! Your stims are so soon! 

Why will your transfer be so much later than your stims cycle? Sorry if it's obvious -- I'm a total ivf newbie.

• loverinloverin member
    edited August 2017
    @adirat that makes so much sense, from what I've read it seems like your body goes through so much in just the ovulation part of IVF. Will it be just one cycle after IVF?

My RE will do both but generally does fresh transfers unless they hyper stimulate I think. We're doing fresh as long as everything goes well. His success rates are higher with fresh than with frozen though so fingers crossed!

Our IF is male factor infertility. My DH has 0% morphology and likely because of that low motility. We started TTC in May 2016 and were diagnosed in Jan. of this year. The constant emotional rollercoaster has made that feel like the longest year+ of my life. We've done 2 unsuccessful IUIs with Clomid before moving on to IVF ICSI. 

Hey @Irisheyes81 ! Congrats on starting soon, that is so exciting!! The waiting/anticipation is rough, every day that goes by I'm just grateful to be one day closer before I lose my mind :smile: I had the same question as @adirat , why is your transfer so much later? 
  • adirat my RE only does frozen transfers and we are electing to do genetic testing since I have pcos.  They also do a "test run" and do one month of transfer without an embryo.  It's so long but I feel like it will give us the best shot. I totally agree with you that I can't remember a time I wasn't TTC.  I also don't remember when anything was normal haha.

@esikes1228 HEY! how are you? We have such similar stories/timeline.  ICSI is the best.  I wish my transfer could be sooner.  Like a year ago. Ha! 

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I am ordering meds this week.  So.much.money.
    • TTC since June 2016
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 

• I'm also getting set for my first try at IVF in September! Just started my birth control and should have my schedule from my doctor within the next week. I'm a major planner so waiting for the official schedule has been killing me! My best guess is towards the end of September, but we will see.

We've been trying for 5 years so just doing something different feels so good. So far I don't really feel stressed about it and am optimistic (with a dash of being realistic, haha). 

I really like my doctor and my main struggle is just that they're 1.5 hours away, so going up there all the time and not telling everyone at work will be tricky.

TTC since 2012 | Unexplained Infertility -- Sept 2017 found cyst seemingly confirming previously suspected endometriosis | IVF Sept/Oct 2017 Negative | FET scheduled early December

"When peace, like a river, attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea billows roll; Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, It is well, it is well, with my soul."

• @Irisheyes81 We do have super similar timelines and similar diagnosis! ICSI is seriously the best, with low morphology I'd be a nervous wreck without it. (Because I'm in such a normal state as it is :wink:) If it were up to me my transfer would have been June of 2016 lol Ignorance was bliss for awhile but it wouldve been nice to jump right into this if we'd known we would have to! Good luck ordering meds! It's nice to finally have all of them but YES. EXPENSIVE. :neutral:

Hi @alatimer85 ! I checked the mail twice a day for 2 weeks straight waiting for ANY information about IVF with our doctor after we set our date. It drove me crazy to know it's coming but not know exactly what that meant. If you don't mind me asking, do you know the cause of your infertility? That's rough to keep it from your work with a drive but I'm sure it's worth it for a doctor you like and trust! I'm fortunate in that my boss went through infertility and knows so I've been super lucky to have some understanding there but I know that's not typical. Does anyone at your work know? 
  • I have unexplained infertility... the best or worst kind depending on how you look at it I guess!
    All of my co-workers know I'm going to do IVF, but I've said in December or the end of the year. I work for a very small company, 8 of us in the office, so I honestly just don't want every person watching every move I make wondering if I'm pregnant. I actually like sharing the whole process, but the scrutiny is too much for me. I love them all and will tell them earlier than I'll tell everyone else probably, but we will see.
    And seriously, if I was waiting for something to be mailed to me from my doctor I might go crazy! They are emailing me my schedule, so luckily I can check it 100 times a day with just one click. :) 
    I had a little crying breakdown (about something unrelated) last night and am already wondering if the birth control is going to affect my hormones enough to notice. It didn't when I used it before, but that was so many years ago!

TTC since 2012 | Unexplained Infertility -- Sept 2017 found cyst seemingly confirming previously suspected endometriosis | IVF Sept/Oct 2017 Negative | FET scheduled early December

"When peace, like a river, attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea billows roll; Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, It is well, it is well, with my soul."

• @alatimer85 I was wondering the same thing about birth control pill, I started mine 2 weeks ago and since then it feels like a never ending PMS, I am moody, I want to cry all the time and everything pisses me off..... ughhh ( usually I am pretty happy and laid back person so it is just weird for me)
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • alatimer85 and @decemberdoll27 Birth control has been horrible for me.  I honestly think starting on CD3 after being on a Letrozole cycle made me feel like I 'crashed' and was super emotional.  I don't know though because the $20k check I have to write next Wednesday and ordering 2k worth of meds this week might be part of the emotion.  I filed for FMLA.  I don't think that would solve your issue being in a small company but it helped me.  I wrote an e mail to my whole team and said I'm doing IVF and I will need help at work. It was empowering.  I'm sure they are gossiping about me and watching my every move but it feels good that all the days I need to be out of the office, I will be okay.  I was up all night last night worrying about it. Am I alone? I wish I could put on big girl panties. I've been watching Phil and Alex on youtube and they just had a failed FET and I lost it.  Sometimes those daily vlogs can cause more harm than good.  I love them but still!  
    • TTC since June 2016

• latvaughanashlatvaughanash member
    edited August 2017
    I am NOT looking forward to all the other medicines. I had a horrible, horrible anxiety issue after taking Clomid and can't help but be worried. I think my body doesn't like my hormones being messed with at such extremes.

I like hearing if other people are keeping it a secret or sharing. In general, I'm pretty open so it's against my nature to not share every detail with everyone. Something is just holding me back...

• @Irisheyes81 I admire you for letting the whole office know, my job is very corporate so I can't afford doing it. And you are not alone, I can't sleep at night for a week now worrying over everything. DH is helpful but he just does not get it sometimes.
    @alatimer85 I only shared with my parents and my in laws that we are going for IVF. But they kind of knew already because I lost my right tube earlier this summer and everybody helped with my recovery. ( at least now I don't get questions about when we are giving them grand kids so that is a positive!)
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • Oh thank goodness it isn't just me! I've been on birth control now for 3 weeks and I feel like a completely different person. I'm more emotional but more than anything I am just super easy to get angry. It sucks because I know in my head that it's the birth control but it doesn't change the fact that I get angry about the stupidest stuff! I've had breakdowns and panic attacks galore the last few weeks, I'm not sure if that's more to do with life in general right now or if BC contributes but man, it really messes with me. My husband told me last night that I'd been doing better than he expected on it, I'm afraid to know what he expected :lol: I've always stayed away from it because both me and my mom have always gotten hormonal migraines from BC and it didn't do well for me in college and I've had a similar experience thus far. Maybe past experience is a good indicator of if it'll be hard for you! I'd never do it for any other reason than this but I'll suck it up for a month or so if it means this works in the end!

@Irisheyes81 Excuse the ignorance but what is FMLA? :blush:

I like following people's stories (on here and other places) but I have to be careful because it can really get you down too! 

@alatimer85 so sorry about the unexplained infertility, I can only imagine how frustrating that is! It's hard because I want people to know about infertility and the hard challenges that come with it and I don't mind being open about it...when I'm emotionally in a good place. But when I need space and time to heal from the challenges and disappointments, you can't always take back people knowing (and constantly watching) so I've been really careful about who I've told and how much I've told. In that small of a work space, I don't blame you at all for being cautious.

Do any of you know if the emotional side-effects of birth control will be similar to some of the meds during IVF? I can't tell whether I should be looking forward to being off of it or if it'll be worse once we start the next steps :frowning: 
  • latvaughanashlatvaughanash member
    edited August 2017
    esikes1228 Because everyone reacts so differently from all the medicine, I'm going into it expecting worst case, haha :) And then hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised! I never had any emotional side effects to birth control before, what on earth is in this stuff making us all crazy now?! I've read more about issues sleeping, bloating, etc with the IVF meds, but I don't think I've seen a lot about the emotional side effects. Perhaps that's because most are already kind of an emotional mess about the whole process so can't tell the difference?

I'm more concerned with the issues people have with the shots, like bruising, itching, etc at the injection sites. My cousin just went through IVF and she didn't make the process sound very fun. Obviously worth it, but still. 

I feel very, very lucky to not feel stressed out about this so far. Although that may change as I get closer!

@Irisheyes81 I'm glad you used FMLA to help you! I luckily have a flexible job that won't make leaving difficult in any official capacity, it's just trying to not have it be so noticeable. I flat out am planning to fake migraines to leave for appointments. Coincidentally, last year at this time I had a ton and had to go to the ER, so I think it'll be believable. My husband can't even believe the level of planning I'm putting into that, haha. :smile:

• Thank you all for sharing your experiences! Our IVF will be my first experience with ovulation drugs (all I've done before is progesterone) so I'm very curious to see what my experience is like. Just like you said @alatimer85 I'm kind of steeling myself to expect the worst!

I am planning to take the two weeks of stims and ER as vacation days. Well kind of -- I marked my calendar as vacation days but depending on how I'm doing and how busy we are, I will certainly work from home some days. I'm already pretty anxious about IVF and I don't want to have to deal with work stress on top of injection stress and side effects and all the monitoring appointments and everything. I feel really fortunate that I have a job where I can take that vacation time and/or work from home. I told my boss that I was doing IVF and that's why I needed to take that time off, and she was super supportive. I haven't really told other people at work, though. 

(tw - loss)
    I had a second tri loss earlier this year, and by that time, I had told a couple of people at work including my boss that I was pregnant. That meant I also had to tell them about the loss. I have been fortunate that my boss was super supportive (she told me she had once experienced a miscarriage herself) so I felt comfortable telling her I was also doing IVF. (end tw)

But I don't really want to tell a lot of other people because I don't want them to think "oh she's just going to be on maternity leave soon anyway" and pass me over for work I want to do. Do you guys worry about that at all? 

• esikes1228 Because everyone reacts so differently from all the medicine, I'm going into it expecting worst case, haha :) And then hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised! I never had any emotional side effects to birth control before, what on earth is in this stuff making us all crazy now?! I've read more about issues sleeping, bloating, etc with the IVF meds, but I don't think I've seen a lot about the emotional side effects. Perhaps that's because most are already kind of an emotional mess about the whole process so can't tell the difference?

I'm more concerned with the issues people have with the shots, like bruising, itching, etc at the injection sites. My cousin just went through IVF and she didn't make the process sound very fun. Obviously worth it, but still. 

@alatimer85 Yes! I am petrified of this. I don't know how I'm going to be able to give myself shots. I'm not trained for that! Definitely need all the tips and tricks you ladies can share please!

• adirat Exactly. I would shout it from the rooftops to everyone I know if it wasn't unsure that it would work out. THAT is the news I don't want to have to share with people!

I'm very close with all my co-workers, but it's just such a delicate balance and deciding how involved you really want people to be. Because we're small it's not competitive or anything, I don't have to worry about that aspect. Hopefully that doesn't add too much stress for you!! Glad you're taking the 2 weeks off and can really focus on the process!

I'm very fortunate that my husband has been through some basic EMT training so he will do all the shots for me. (Like, I'll leave work and go to his office if I have to, haha.) I could get over it if I absolutely had to, but I don't even look when I get shots now so having to do it myself is a no-go. 

• @alatimer85 That is so lucky! I'm the same way -- I turn away when they take my blood at the RE's. I wish I had a friend with that kind of training who could do it for me :(

• My drugs are getting delivered tomorrow! I am so excited! DH does not get it, I was dancing around the house for 15 minutes after opening a confirmation email. My major anxiety trigger was getting everything here on time for my start date.... 
    Where are you ladies from, if you don't mind me asking? I am from Minnesota and we are having a mild summer this year. Which is nice because apparently you can't heat some of the drugs over 77 F... So now I am paranoid that the FED EX will overheat my drugs.... UUUGGGHHH
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • I'm in the same boat as @alatimer85, my husband is a PA so I have worried less about the shots than I would have otherwise (doesn't mean I'm not still nervous, I cried the first time we had to do a trigger shot lol ). But my husband will not be off work for all of the shots. He works 12 hour shifts an hour away and his schedule changes every week so when he's working I'll have to do my own injections. I've heard that switching sides helps and with some putting ice on the site helps to numb it a little. I hope that after the first 1 or 2 we'll feel a little less anxious about them! I wish there was a way to give yourself the shot and not look at the same time haha. 

@DecemberDoll27 yay drugs!! I was the same way. There's something so nice about having all of what you need in your own hands, it's one more step and one less worry! Most of ours came in coolers with ice packs if they couldn't go over room temperature(and there was a little temperature indicator on the bags of those drugs too to make sure it didn't go over at any point in the journey, super helpful). It's muggy and hot here in GA so they would've had to in order for them not to cook :lol:

It's nice that you'll be off of work @adirat ! I'm planning to work from home as well some during that time, it's nice to have that option. 
  • Also @adirat *tw* I am so sorry for your loss earlier this year. I am glad that you've had a supportive boss through this, it truly makes such a difference. *end tw* 
  • DecemberDoll27 Yikes, I didn't realize there were temperature issues with some of the drugs! Honestly, I'm not even sure yet where I'll be getting mine from. My doctor I'm using does things a little differently to keep costs down... everything is done out of his office! Not sure but assume they have a specific place they'll send me to get all the medications. I'm in Oregon and I think our super hot weather we had is over, but it's definitely been in the 80s still.

• @esikes1228 thanks for the cooler information! I hope they will pack mine like that too! I am a nervous mess again and it is taking all my will power to not track the package on FED EX website every 10 min.... I am just so glad it is happening finally, it is our third attempt on actually going through IVF. First time DH lost his job right before and we had to cancel. *TW loss * And second time I got pregnant on my last cycle before starting BCP and that's how I lost one of my tubes and a baby at 8.5 weeks* TW end* Hopefully third time will be it and we finally do IVF! Yey
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • esikes1228 I cried my first trigger shot too!   It sucks your husband can't do them for you because he has a medical background. Also that he's supportive saying you aren't as bad as he thought. My husband stabbed his finger with the gonal F needle at IVF class so I will be doing every single shot from now on. btw, FMLA is family medical leave act.  It allows me to take time whenever I want without needing to justify it and I can use emergency sick leave instead of paid time off.  

@decemberdoll27 yay for meds! that's awesome.  I have to order mine tomorrow because they overnight them and I wanted to be home on Friday to get them for the whole temp reasoning you had.  I didn't know they would be in a cooler! It's too hot in Colorado for them to be outside.  I love MN. My husband is from there! 

alatimer85 I feel the exact same way about telling every person if there were a guarantee.  It is so hard with IVF because people know the exact days of egg retrieval and transfer. That is so much more information that anyone should ever know about someone else's reproductive system.

I wonder how all the meds will be.  I thought stims was longer for some reason so that has been a pleasant surprise but who knows how pleasant any of this will be! My first shots are a week from today! eeeek
    • TTC since June 2016

• loverinloverin member
    edited August 2017
    @Irisheyes81 So glad I'm not alone in crying through your first shot. It didn't help that it was on Mother's Day, oh the cruel irony! I'm afraid that I'm a bit of a clutz so I'm sure I'll be joining your husband with stories of my mishaps.  I'm so glad FMLA exists then, that's awesome! I'll be using sick days so at least it's not my vacation days. I also thought stims were longer, not sure why. Are you excited to start next week?! 

@alatimer85 that's nice that it's all done out of his office. Thankfully because my husband's in the medical field he did most of the tracking down of different prices for meds but if I'd had to do that and compare, it wouldve been really overwhelming. I had hoped that the office would have some sort of program like yours to keep it simple!

@DecemberDoll27 did all of your meds come in ok? I've been unhappy in my job but have staid in order to keep going through IVF so I can imagine how frustrating it was to have to cancel because of that! 

I wish that the world knew more about infertility and see the hardships that you deal with in order to have what others have so easily. Even just your ladies stories, my heart hurts for all that you've gone through. I hope that one day in the future people will have more empathy and respect for women who go through all of this! Have you guys told your family you're going through IVF?
  • @esikes1228 I know exactly what you mean. I never gave much thought to infertility in my younger days but reading all the stories of the amazing women on here, it breaks my heart to think about so many people going through so much hardship for something our society sees as easy. 

@DecemberDoll27 I'm so sorry for your loss. I also hope ivf is the ticket for you. Losing a tube must be so traumatic. 

@esikes1228 We told our families that we're doing ivf but we're purposely being vague about the timeline. I don't want to have to field questions about how many embryos we got or whether my test was positive in real time -- I want to be able to know those things just the two of us and share them when we're ready.

My parents and my FIL are helping us pay for part of the ivf too which is really nice since otherwise it would have taken us months to save enough money. So we definitely had to tell them! 

• @esikes1228 Yes, my meds came in in a cooler and everything was top notch! If you guys don't know where to order from I would recomend Walgreens specialty farmacy. Customer service there is super frendly, even DH admitted that when he had to call for me one time. And it only took a week from placing the order to getting it delivered. They even gave me some kind of a discount.

@adirat We are in the same boat with telling our family and I feel exactly the same way about keeping the details private just for me and DH.Also I feel like my old school in laws think that IVF babies are some how not as good.... ( Don't even let me get started on that!) And DH is a little ashamed of having to go through IVF as a result. We have MFI and no good tubes ( I still have one present but it is severely scarred. My Dr said that if we try on our own again we will have another ectopic and that will be it) So we are fertility special Olympics participants here, IVF is the only chance.( I have a weird sense of humor, don't mean to offend anybody)

AFM, I am still on cloud nine about the meds! But I really need to come up with a hobby or something because the wait is driving me crazy! Any suggestions?
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • @DecemberDoll27 We're in the midst of tons of remodeling, and that is honestly such a good distraction! Not that anyone can just pick up and do something like that as a hobby, haha. :smile: But seriously, I've been spending so much time researching different things that it's been really good timing. Have you ever done any sewing? I find that's a really good time consuming one too.

• @alatimer85 I know what you mean about remodeling! We redid our living room and mud room in July and it really helped to get me out of the worst depression ever after my ectopic. I don't sew but I knit and crochet. I started making a baby blanket a while back but I can't seem to make myself touch it now. ( I will finish it when/if I get prego) I also tried Paint by Number and that was super fun, but it gets old after a while. What do you sew?
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • @DecemberDoll27  I'm obsessed with food and cooking, so I love making aprons for people (and myself). Also, this might not work for everyone, but I love sewing blankets or making quilts, which I usually give to people as baby gifts. My absolute favorite blanket to make, because it just looks so impressive in the end, is https://www.aestheticnest.com/2010/08/sewing-heirloom-cut-chenille-baby.html. It's suuuuper time consuming with all the lines, so it's a perfect project to sit back and do while you're watching a show or something.

• @alatimer85 This blanket looks absolutely fantastic! Thank you for the inspiration! Maybe I should start crocheting something again! I love cooking and baking as well! Recently I started researching meal prep and meal freezing because we are trying to save money on lunches. I also have a step son who just turned 12 (we have 50% custody of him) and he eats more now than DH and I combined! With school starting soon I will need to get prepping!
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
  • loverinloverin member
    edited August 2017
    We've been taking day trips to surrounding cities when we can and doing some remodeling around the house to distract us! I feel like the last year has been a constant attempt to distract myself while we wait. My mom is coming into town this weekend so that'll be a nice disutraction! 

So im unsure of what to do. One of our medicines has a temperature indicator to help show if it goes above room temperature. It showed it had when we got it so we had the pharmacy send us a new one. We got it and it looked fine but then yesterday when I came home it showed it had gone slightly above. It's hot here in GA (heat index of 105-110 :sweat: ) our air runs all day and I don't think we can feasibly keep it any cooler but now I'm not sure if my meds are still good :disappointed: Will probably call the nurse at the drs office and see what she says but I really hope we don't have to reorder just because it went a few (probably 1-2) degrees over 77. Fingers crossed! 

*edited because it didn't post it all originally*
  • @esikes1228 What medication was that? Usually it says in the instructions that temperature excursions between 86-59 F are permitted for short periods of time. You can also search for this online. But it is probably better to confirm with a nurse. 

So what did you find out?
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP

• @esikes1228 Honestly, that just seems ridiculous! I can't imagine it is that sensitive, but hopefully you can call and they can reassure you either way. We don't have central air so hopefully I don't have any issues with storing any medicines when that time comes!