Babies on the Brain

WTO/TWW - week of July 30

2»

Re: WTO/TWW - week of July 30

• @dukestar5. Normally I O around CD 12 or 13 and have a 24-26 day cycle.  It used to drive me crazy, because AF would come 15 times a year.  Now I'm really glad I do because the wait each month is so much shorter.  Of course, this morning I googled ovulating too early (turns out day 11 or earlier is probably too soon for everything to develop properly). So there's a downside, too.
  • @dukestar5. Normally I O around CD 12 or 13 and have a 24-26 day cycle.  It used to drive me crazy, because AF would come 15 times a year.  Now I'm really glad I do because the wait each month is so much shorter.  Of course, this morning I googled ovulating too early (turns out day 11 or earlier is probably too soon for everything to develop properly). So there's a downside, too.
    This.

In the past I O'd on CD 10 or 11. It's nice not waiting 20 days before you're even in the TWW, but on the flip side you can go through 3 or 4 cycles during the time others will go through 2. Then if you follow the year rule before seeing an RE, you've had 15 or 16 cycles of BFNs, versus a possible 10. Both sides suck!

I've been trying to read more on O dates and how long it takes lining to thicken for possible implantation. A lot of what I've read is that as long as you're not bleeding for more than 3 or 4 days prior to O date, you should have time to grow lining.
    But on the flip side, I've read some things that say it wouldn't be enough time.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Loading the player...
  • @izza2. YES.  Last time around, it took thirteen months to get pregnant, which was 16 cycles.  I was definitely cursing the short cycles then, because I knew I had to wait 12 months before I could get help, and it got harder and harder to see AF every 3.5 weeks.  (I came up with a whole theory about why so many religions think god hates women: he punishes them on a regular basis for not being pregnant, and then again for being pregnant).  I really felt like I should be able to go check if something is wrong after 12 cycles, but I had to wait a few more months.

That's good to know about length of bleeding, I usually bleeding for 3 or 4 days, so I should be okay.  I read that it's not concerning unless it's a regular thing, too.  I'm still assuming that the extra early ovulation was related to removing the IUD, but we'll have to see.

I agree, there's just no way to win.
  • @JennyColada Although we're not actively trying yet I'm with you!  My cycle is usually 32 days and it feels like forever! 
  • *raises hand* as a 32-35 day cycle-er it is a bummer when you see everyone else moving on to TWW and you're just like "cool. I wanted to be alone in WTO anyway *sobs quietly*."
    I've always had 35+ day cycles, but of course now I'm in "cycle 0", so that's even more frustrating!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Mine varies from 26-32, which my doctor said is normal, so I'm right there with you. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • So, I have a new question now: When I entered my temp this morning, I got a new ovulation day.  But I just don't see it as likely.  I had been thinking that the second jump in temperature was maybe due to implantation, or a least a triphasic pattern that may or may not mean pregnancy.  But now FF say it's my O day.

I still feel like the clearer shift is back at day 10.  Am I kidding myself, though?  Do you think FF just prefers not to have the ovulation that early?  I tried removing my extreme temps, but it didn't make much difference.
    Since this my first month after removing the IUD, and my first month with FF, but not my first month temping, I really don't know what to think.  Any thoughts?
  • @Secretstapler hmm, it's a head scratcher for me. I may have missed it, but are you actually using a BBT and rounding, or are you using a regular thermometer? You have a lot of temps at 97.3 which makes me wonder if your thermometer is favoring temps. And maybe having the full decimal number would make things a little clearer?

It would also help make a clearer picture if you tracked some secondary signs like cervical mucus, position, OPKs, etc. If FF has more information, it can help you get solid crosshairs. 
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 I am using a BBT, but it only goes to tenths.  I definitely noticed the 97.3's, so I already bought a new one, but I didn't want to switch thermometers mid-cycle.  I've actually been temping with both since I got the new one, and it shows the same general pattern for CD 13 and forward.  But then, the old thermometer wasn't giving such questionable temps after that.

I haven't tracked cervical mucus before, although I was kind of casually looking out for it this month and thinking about starting next month.  I feel like I saw egg whites around the original O date, but maybe it's just wishful thinking.

I was planning on easing into TTC, but then I got more excited than I expected with the dip, and then my O date changed and now I just don't know what to think.  I am wishing that I'd started with the new thermometer, because I think that first stretch with all the 97.3's is a lot of what's making this all so confusing.
  • @secretstapler I know my first cycle off of BC was annovulatory, is it possible that maybe that's what's going on for you this time since you just got the IUD removed? Otherwise I'm not much help at reading FF since I've lost my BBT and am not actively TTC yet. Tracking CM doesn't seem too hard to me, I don't actively look but I'm way more aware of what it all means now. Definitely something to consider! 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @JennyColada - none here. I tested because I got another temp rise today but it was a BFN. I'm only 9 DPO though so if my temp stays up I will test again tomorrow 
  • @glitzandglitter. I saw your chart in the TTGP board and I think it looks promising.  FX for you!!
  • @glitzandglitter I was going to say the same thing!  Good luck!

Okay, can someone please tell me if I'm crazy for wanting to test tomorrow because it's tax free weekend so maternity clothes are on sale but I don't want to buy any unless I'm pregnant?  I was trying to hold out on testing until at least Monday.  If I'm 11 DPO, then it's not unreasonable, but if FF is right and I'm only 5 DPO...
  • @dukestar5 and @secretstapler - thank you :)

@Secretstapler - that's a tough one :/ I have internet cheapies and no self control so it is super hard for me to say no lol FX for you though when you do decide to test. 
  • @Secretstapler as someone who has been burned before by a false negative (at 10/11 dpo) I'm always advocating hold out! But you could always buy some basics that would work any season like jeans, nursing tanks, a wrap dress etc. 

• @glitzandglitter and @dukestar5. Thanks for the advice!  I do have internet cheapies, so there's no big cost.  I've never been one to test before a missed period, so I'm a little bit worried about a slippery slope.  But I've been so confused by this cycle, that I'm hoping it will put my mind at ease.  If it's positive, woohoo!  If it's negative, I can stop trying to interpret my bizarre chart and start thinking about the next cycle.  And if there is no next cycle, I can definitely handle that.
  • @chloandCoco - Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you!!! I wish you a H&H 9 months!!

• Congratulations @chloandcoco!!!!!! 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• emiliadkayemiliadkay member
    edited August 2017
    @ChloandCoco Yaaaaaaaayyyyy! That is a-ma-zing!

@glitzandglitter and @Secretstapler - sending all the good vibes. I'll second @lifesabeach85 on her recommendation re: picking up a maternity basic or two if something catches your eye, whether you decide to test or no.
  • @ChloandCoco - GIRL YAS!!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @ChloandCoco Congratulations!!!! So happy for you!!! 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @ChloandCoco. WOOHOO!!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • @ChloandCoco YAYAYAYAYAY!!!! Congrats!!! SO happy for you! Does this give you a EDD of late April?

• Woohoooooo @ChloandCoco!! Congrats!
  • @ChloandCoco congrats! Happy and Healthy 9 months!
    *Siggy Warning*

• @ChloandCoco YAY!!! Congratulations!!!
  • @ChloandCoco OMG YAY! I'm so happy and excited for you! I hope you have a wonderfully boring and happy nine months!

(This is almost EXACTLY what my reaction was when I saw your post, btw)

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @ChloandCoco yay!!!  Congratulations!!!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • dukestar5dukestar5 member
    edited August 2017
    Yay!!!  @ChloandCoco  so so so happy for you!!! <3  I am late to the party reading this post, but very excited for your BFP.

eta: spelling