Babies on the Brain

WTO/TWW - week of July 30

Feel free to add to this post throughout the week if your symptoms change or if you have any questions. 

If you are a contributing member with a BFP this week, please share your success with us here!

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

WTO - WAYDTGKU: 

TWW - Timing:

TWW - Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: what is the last show you binge-watched?

Re: WTO/TWW - week of July 30

• @JennyColada - FX your body cooperates

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 17/3

WTO - WAYDTGKU: No longer in WTO :) 

TWW - Timing: good

TWW - Testing: Its early. I'm trying to hold out until 10 DPO

R/R: My cat left a dead rat in the front yard for me this morning :/ Thanks cat...

CS/Q:

GOT I was rewatching for the season premiere.

• Loading the player...
  • @JennyColada that's frustrating that you might have to travel so much for work. Even without ttc 50% is a lot! Yay for staycation though

@glitzandglitter ew ew ew dead rat. Are you excited for tonight's episode? Maybe we need a GoT thread...

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: cd 11

WTO - WAYDTGKU: OPK, HIO

TWW - Timing:

TWW - Testing:

R/R: DD got stung by a bee yesterday! It was upsetting to us all. But other than that we had a nice family trip to the mountains and got out of the heat! 

CS/Q: I am so confused!!! The last three cycles (the ones I've been paying attention to) have been pretty regular. 30 days, O around day 16-18. So yesterday I start my OPK pack as per instructions with FMU and got a peak! I usually get high around day 15 and then peak a day or so later. I did have some EWCM yesterday and some cramping but such an early O seems waaaaay off base. I actually went and got some cheap OPK line tests and the test line did not look darker than the control to me (but this is why I like digital). I'm guessing it was a false positive OPK, but maybe I will O earlier than normal? Ugh I don't know. Thoughts? (I don't temp, tried it in the past and it didn't work well due to my being a crap sleeper)

GTKY: what is the last show you binge-watched? GLOW on Netflix and loved it. Also OITNB and I don't know whether this season or last left me more shook. 

• @lifesabeach85 - I am sorry DD got stung :( I haven't used OPKs so I'm afraid I'm no help there. Hopefully some other ladies will have insight for you. I am so ready for tonight's episode!!! I started reading the first book yesterday and I'm loving it :)
  • @JennyColada That would be awesome if your FW happened on your staycation. FX!

@glitzandglitter We are going to be testing on the same weekend!

@lifesabeach85 I'm sorry you DD got stung by a bee! I hope she's feeling better! As for OPKs, do the instructions say to use it with FMU? I've read that you can have a false positive with FMU because there's a longer build up of the hormone. But I could be wrong. I use OPKs at lunch time.

Month/Cycle: 3/3 (1/1 AL)

CD/DPO: 18/4

WTO - WAYDTGKU: PNV, HIO, OPKs, CM

TWW - Timing: -4, -2, 0, +1

TWW - Testing: This Friday!

R/R: Saturday DH and I are going on a day trip for our anniversary, so I'm looking froward to have something out of the ordinary to do in case I get a BFN.

CS/Q: Not charting, so no stalking.

GTKY: what is the last show you binge-watched? I'm currently on season 8 of Grey's anatomy and it's worth binge watching. 

• @ChloandCoco happy anniversary! Enjoy that day trip.

yes the instructions for the CB Advanced Digital insist on FMU. It seemed problematic to me too but thought I better follow the rules...

• Month/Cycle:3/3

CD/DPO: 27/7

WTO - WAYDTGKU: we've finally got crosshairs, baby!! Woohoo!

TWW - Timing: -2,-1,+1

TWW - Testing: planning on tomorrow at 8dpo and if no AF and if negative waiting until 11dpo (Thursday). Previous to this cycle I haven't temped, but cycles have been consistently 27days long, which means AF is due tomorrow. I had a temp drop today too so may be AF on the way. 

R/R: none yet- week just started! 

CS/Q: Do y'all agree with O on CD 19? It seems odd that I had two days of very positive OPK's after that date. I feel like maybe CD22?  https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/314865

GTKY: what is the last show you binge-watched? Madame Secretary! Soooo good!

Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Chloandcoco - FX for both of us!
    @guillerma - Yay for CHs! FX for a BFP for you!
  • SecretstaplerSecretstapler member
    edited July 2017
    @JennyColada I'd imagine traveling in the first trimester will vary depending on how rough your symptoms are and how much you're trying to keep it a secret.  I'm sure it'll all work out, though.  Yay for staycation!

@glitzandglitter & @guillerma  Woo ovulation!

@ChloandCoco. Happy Anniversary!

Month/Cycle:1/1 

CD/DPO: CD 14/ 4 DPO. I think???  I'm not too concerned about it just psyched that I ovulated (I think).

WTO - WAYDTGKO: PNV, BBT, sex

TWW - Timing: If I did ovulate, and it was when I think, then we only hit -1 or 0.  But we're keeping up with EOD until I get more evidence.

TWW - Testing: I'm not even a little confident that we were successful, so I think I'll wait until I'm late.

R/R: Rant: Just opened a new bottle of PNV, and the whole batch is fishy.  I'm trying to figure out if I should try to return them or just put up with it.  They're pretty nasty, though.  Rave: DH gave me a Groupon a few months ago, and we finally got to use it yesterday!  We went to a truffle making class!  It was really fun, but I'm not sure how great our truffles came out.

CS/Q: My chart is not awesome, which I expected while adjusting to not having the IUD, and with all the traveling.  But, I've been using the same thermometer from last time around, so it's 3+ years old.  I had no problems last time, but this time it's seriously favoring certain temps.  So I'm pretty sure I see a temp shift, but I don't know if FF is going to agree.  I didn't use FF last time around, so it's new to me.  I already got a new thermometer, but I'm waiting for a new cycle to switch.  

GTKY: what is the last show you binge-watched?  Um... I think that was Jane the Virgin.  I recommend it, especially if you have baby fever, but are not susceptible to related sensitive topics.

*Edited* Thanks, @izza2!  I ovulated early, but not that early!
  • lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited July 2017
    @Guillerma if you remove the high open circle temp on CD 21 does that change your CHs?
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• izza2izza2 member
    @Guillerma - Also curious to know if FF moves the CHs if you take out the temp on CD 21. What was the open circle for?
    @lifesabeach85 - You're regular until you're not. It's entirely possible that you O'd early this cycle. It's also possible that your body was surging to O, but you didn't actually O.
    @Secretstapler - I'm assuming it was a typo that you're on CD 14 and 10 DPO? That would mean you O'd on CD 4... :grimace:

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 5

WTO - WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, CM

TWW - Timing:

TWW - Testing:

R/R: Nothing much at the moment. I'll probably buy OPKs for next cycle.

CS/Q: Thumbnail; not much to see. :smile:

GTKY: What is the last show you binge-watched? We've been binge watching Law & Order: SVU and Monk.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @Guillerma if you remove the high open circle temp on CD 21 does that change your CHs?
    Good question. If I discard it, CH stays at CD21. If I change it to something else closer to cover line (above or below) it moves CH to CD23. I think CD23 probably makes more sense, but when I got that high temp i triple checked it because it seemed odd.. I took it 30 minutes later than usual but nothing else unusual.
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Guillerma said:
    @Guillerma if you remove the high open circle temp on CD 21 does that change your CHs?
    Good question. If I discard it, CH stays at CD21. If I change it to something else closer to cover line (above or below) it moves CH to CD23. I think CD23 probably makes more sense, but when I got that high temp i triple checked it because it seemed odd.. I took it 30 minutes later than usual but nothing else unusual.
    Sorry - meant CH stays on CD20!
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @JennyColada Awesome timing for your hopeful FW! I hope you guys enjoy your staycation :)

@glitzandglitter Total ew on the dead rat :(

@lifesabeach85 I'm sorry your DD got stung by a bee! That's never fun. I have no idea about the OPKs. I'm still getting used to learning them myself.

@ChloandCoco Have a wonderful day trip!

@Guillerma Not a clue, but FX for you!

@Secretstapler That truffle making class sounds great! Were they rolled in cocoa powder, or dipped in chocolate? I'd honestly return the PNVs, especially if you can't stomach them.

@izza2 SVU is a good show, but I can't binge it. It just depresses me.

GTKY: I'm currently home sick, so I'm re-watching Friends again.

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_ They were rolled, and we could roll them in Cocoa, powdered sugar, ground almonds or sesame seeds.  We tempered the chocolate, made a ganache, added some flavors, and then rolled them out.  I made mine with balsamic vinegar and orange liqueur.  They're pretty good, but I think I added too much flavor, so they're pretty strong and the texture got kinda funky.

I hope you feel better soon!  I'm rewatching Friends, too!  I think I'm in the second season?  But I may have just started the third. 
  • @JennyColada   Congrats on the new job!  I miss seeing you on the TTGP board and was thinking about you.  Have you started the new position yet?   (FWIW, I did not have any first tri symptoms with my other pregnancies, so FX you will not have many either)!

@glitzandglitter  Sorry about your cat's present.  :#   What is GOT about?  I have never seen it.

@lifesabeach85   That does seem like CD11 would be early for you to O given past cycles.  I prefer the digital OPKs too (I use CB Digital, not advanced) because I got very confused trying to read lines on the cheapies...but my O usually only varies a day or two each cycle. Also, have you read OITNB or only watched the show?  The book is really good.

@ChloandCoco   Yay for anniversary day trip.  Where will you go and what will you do?

@Guillerma  Based on your chart, I think you O'd on CD 22.  It looks like you had a slight temp dip and positive OPK, then the next day your temp went up and continued to rise.  Is that around when you usually O?  (I O late in the cycle).

@Secretstapler   The truffles class sounds awesome!  How did they turn out?

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 10

WTO - WAYDTGKU:  charting, temping, adding in green tea and pom juice this cycle

TWW - Timing:

TWW - Testing:

R/R: I made an awesome banana bread today!  

CS/Q:  Has anyone else tried using green tea or pom juice before?  Any experiences with it?

Well, my hubby has been working late, so I've been watching a lot of HGTV Fixer Upper and House Hunters.  I love the idea of fixing up an older home.

• @dukestar5. The truffles are pretty good!  Not awesome, but it seems totally doable at home, and I think with a few more tries, they could be really good.

So: I got cross hairs!  They're only dotted, but they confirm what I thought.   FF predicts my next period to be on August 10, 14 days after ovulation, for a 24 day cycle.  Which all makes perfect sense.  However, it says I should test on August 14, which is 19 DPO, and would make my period 4 days late.  That seems really late to me.  Is that standard for FF?  Or is something funky?
  • edited July 2017
    @secretstapler - How long have you been temping? I believe that FF gives you a crazy far off date when it doesn't have much in the way of previous cycles to analyze when a good test date would be.

@Dukestar5 - GOT = Game of Thrones. Have you really never heard of it? It is so good - it is a show on HBO/series of books about kings and queens
  • @glitzandglitter - and dying... there's lot's of dying in the show too! Don't get too attached to anyone... 
  • @dukestar5 We are driving to a bigger city a couple of hours away for some shopping and a nice dinner.
  • @dukestar5 My last cycle got me super bummed about TTC, and I hate being on the TWW daily when I'm just WFAF. Now that I'm WTO I may jump back on there again.

I didn't start my new position yet, and haven't accepted it (haven't even technically been given the job offer, but the CEO said that I did "very well on the interviews", so like duh). But DH and I talked about it and he's really not liking my travel and even told me that he "can't be happy" for this job and that he wouldn't be happy listening to me talk about the position at all. I'm trying to not be mad at him, because I get where he's coming from, but that's kind of a jerk thing for him to say imo. Part of me just wants to say "tough luck" and take the job, but I know that that would put a LOT of undue emotional strain on my relationship, and I don't think it would be worth the happiness that I gain from fulfilling this dream of having this job. But also part of me thinks that it would be so worthwhile to do the position and that eventually when we have a kid and I'm a SAHM I will always have those experiences and memories and MH's negative feelings towards the position are just a short term issue.

• @JennyColada - refresh my memory what the job was? I hate to be Negative Nancy, or maybe I can be a kind Devil's Advocate instead - but I would not really be happy with my fiance if he decided to take a job with 50% travel. It would mean a lot of nights home alone taking care of HIS (ok yeah they are basically "ours" now) dogs and cleaning the house, taking care of the yard...  Once a year or so he has a big job that requires long days, sometimes not coming home. It's very tough for me, but it only lasts a few weeks. I'm not trying to bring you down - I'm sure you want to be excited about this great opportunity. Have you had a discussion on what the new job means for your home life, how to mitigate any problems, and how long you would be in the position?
  • @kimberbeep the position is a Franchise Operations Trainer. It's basically my dream job: training people in sales/customer service, creating training materials, and assisting in new store openings. MH's feelings are totally valid and I definitely understand where he's coming from. But this position really just doesn't exist usually, so the fact that I found one that does and is HIRING is like a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm trying to weigh my feelings of regret over turning down the job versus MH's feelings of loneliness if I took the job versus my feelings of fulfillment if I took the job versus our happiness gained from me turning down the job and us continuing to spend every night together.
  • @JennyColada - Ah yeah, that seems like a very specific job, and actually does sounds rather fun and interesting compared to most retail positions. It sounds like you guys are already looking at this from all angles. I hope you're able to come to a decision that works out best for you and your family! *internet hugs* 
  • @glitzandglitter. Oh!! Yes I have...I just didn't realize GOT was the same thing.  :D. I'm not a huge Tv watcher. 

@MrsMiller8588. I do the same thing!  I am still in the WTO phase so it doesn't even make sense!

@JennyColada. I totally hear you! I got pre-AF symptoms early on and it just dragged on knowing it was coming, especially when I had good timing and felt like I did everything I could.
    Also, I'm sorry about the job situation.  Maybe sitting down with YH to better explain your thinking would help?
  • @Secretstapler I would definitely return those PNVs... yuck. 19dpo seems pretty late to test, especially with a shorter cycle. Maybe they just want to err on the side of not getting a false negative? 

@dukestar5  I will add the book to my list! I haven't read it but am always looking for new reads. I also can't believe you are in the dark on game of thrones. 

@MrsMiller8588 I say if you're in the mood to BD why not? I am inclined to say doing it ED every now and then is good if it's enjoyable! I know there is debate among Drs if ED or EOD in FW is best, but why deny yourself if you're in the mood? But on a side note sounds like we are both annoyed with CBAD this month 

@JennyColada while I see where your H is concerned about travel, I think if it's your dream job passing it up would be too sad. Especially if you're planning to be a SAHM. It can be tough enough to think about the work you gave up, but you don't want to regret experiencing a professional goal. 

• @glitzandglitter This is my first month with Fertility Friend, so that's probably it.  I temped last time I was TTC, but I just tracked it all in Excel.  This thing where an outside entity weighs in on my cycle is really new to me.  I was so psyched that it agreed that I ovulated, but then just baffled about the test date.
  • @lifesabeach85 We have done it ED (or close to) some cycles but that hasn't worked so this month I was determined to *only* do it EOD. lol I already "messed up" once but it was before FW anyway. Plus I will be out of town Wednesday so I need that to be an off day. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Well, BFN on what I thought was 10DPO this AM, and then FF moved my crosshairs to CD23 so looks like it's only 7dpo. AF cramps this AM, so I think I'm probably out anyway. On the plus side, I was worried that if this cycle was the same length as all the others before I started charting (27 days) I was only having a 7 day LP, so the fact that I'm on CD30 is a relief either way! Positivity is the name of the game, right??
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @guillerma - Sorry about your BFN :( FX that it was just too early.
  • @Guillerma FX it's too early. I tested today at 7dpo and got a BFN, but I know it's just too early. I would test again in a couple of days.
  • @Guillerma @ChloandCoco FX that it's just too early for you both!
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @ChloandCoco Are we DPO buddies now?! I'm going to hold out until Friday if AF doesn't show, since my crosshairs got moved up 3 days. 
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Guillerma If you're only 7dpo, then we are dpo buddies! I'm testing everyday until AF but if it happens this cycle, the earliest I'll get a positive is Friday.
  • @Guillerma Yay for longer LP! FX you HPT was just too early. Often the earliest pg symptoms feel similar to or exactly the same as AF symptoms.

• I just realized I haven't responded to anyone yet (outside of my head I mean, lmao):

glitzandglitter yay for TWW! FX so very hard! Also yuck on the rat, but at least I think that means that he likes you and wants to make sure you have something to eat or something? LOL.

lifesabeach85 aw sorry that your DD got a bee sting. She's not allergic or anything is she? I know that everyone can kind of vary with OPKs, but when I get a peak I tend to O the next day. Could be a false alarm or could be early, really no way to tell!

ChloandCoco awesome timing! Sounds like a fun trip. Did you want to share what city you're going to? I hope you enjoy a fancy shmancy dinner!

Guillerma Sorry that FF moved your crosshairs (hopefully your timing was still good?). I agree it was probably too early for BFP anyway, so still FX for you!

Secretstapler Sorry that your truffles didn't turn out great, but they're chocolate, so even if they're "bad" they're still chocolate, which means that they're great! Also -1 timing is good! Looks like you hadn't O'd yet based on the chart you posted, any update?

dukestar5 Oooo banana bread yum! I am currently drinking green tea as I type this (going to try to drink it more frequently this cycle, but who knows!). Also I love Fixer Upper! They always have HGTV on at my nail salon and that's secretly one of the reasons why I made that place my regular spot. XD

MrsMiller8588 is this your first time watching Gilmore Girls?! Please say no or we can no longer be friends.

• @JennyColada. Yes, any chocolate is a good thing.  I think I O'd on CD10.  FF agrees, but my cross hairs are still dotted.  I got myself all excited this morning because I had a dip yesterday followed by an extra high temp today.  I've mostly talked myself down today, but I'll just have to see what the next few days look like.  If they go down to normal again, I can probably wait for AF, but if they stay high, I might not be able to resist some testing.  Probably Monday, though, my sister is coming down and I don't want to test with her here.  But first, I have to see what tomorrow brings.
  • @JennyColada Don't worry it's definitely not my first time! We can stay friends :)
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @Secretstapler  I'm not gonna lie...I'm kinda jealous you O around CD10...I don't O until CD19 or 20 and it makes the waiting almost unbearable. I wish I had shorter cycles!

@Guillerma  FX it's just too early to test.