August 2017 Moms

Weekly Appointments 8/7

Do you have any appointments this week? 

We should all be going every week at this point! :) 
The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

Re: Weekly Appointments 8/7

• No real physical symptom changes, but I have a bad case of "uggggh, I don't want to go to work" this morning! 

Im tired and a little grumpy, my back hurts, there's an aching pressure in my hooha when I stand up and begin walking, I feel like a beached whale... I just want to meet my baby! 
  • Have a blood pressure check appointment Friday.  After delivery, my blood pressure was really high and had to be put on 3 different medications to regulate it. I'm already down to 2 medications now. Hoping I can go down to just one now since my BP has been getting low now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have one on Wednesday. I'm not sure if she's doing the GBS swab this week or not. Next week is an ultrasound, and I'm looking forward to seeing my little man. :)
  • Just had an appointment. I was initially told that I would be induced on 8/11 at 39 weeks exactly for low platelets and needing to be induced with my first 2 kiddos. Now it looks like I'm not "favorable" for induction. They are calling me to set up another appointment for later this week to see if they will induce me sometime next week... I don't get it. I was "favorable" with my first 2. I was dilated by now with my first 2. Now, nothing. I wish they wouldn't have told me that I would be induced the 11th because now anything after that seems so far away. Oh well, baby is looking happy and healthy in there so that's all that really matters.
  • Had my 37 week appt today. Found out my GBS was negative (woot!) but my blood pressure is starting to creep up. Going to start monitoring at home and keep an eye on it. Also going to try and limit my salt intake. Baby is still super low but no dilation yet. 
  • Just left my 39 week appt.  I've been 2cm and 70% since 36 weeks with no further progress.  She wouldn't strip my membranes, and told me she would see me next week.  I don't remember the last time DH and I dtd,  but guess it's time to try everything to get the ball rolling. :neutral:

Pregnancy Ticker

• Had a 39 week appointment today. I had a different midwife than usual, but she was super nice and reviewed when I should call L&D. I refused a cervical check today, but now I'm kicking myself because I'm so curious! Everything was measuring well and baby is in a good spot. Just waiting...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have my second to last NST tomorrow and then meeting with my OB afterwards for my pre op.  Then I have my last NST on Friday and C section scheduled next week! 
  • @SpotConlon - I said nah to the cervical check at my 39 week appt too. I'm super curious but I wasn't ready to get my hopes up/or be bummed before the due date. Thursday I'll have one and we'll see!! 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Took the baby to the pediatrician today. Her bilirubin came down! So glad she won't need any treatment. She has lost 4 oz since birth (4 days old), but my milk finally came in so I'm hoping to see growth at her two week appt. 
  • I'm due tomorrow and the OB is doing a sweep today so let's hope it gets things going! I can't wait to meet my little boy!
  • 37 week appt & BPP Friday.
    I refused cervical check last week, and probably will again until 39 weeks. 
    LO was measuring around 5 lbs 9 oz this past Friday. 
    Since I have high blood pressure previous to pregnancy, OB won't let me go very far past my due date, but I'm hoping baby will come on their own. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • I had an appointment today.  They didn't do a cervical check since I'm having a c-section.  I'll probably request one next week though because I've delivered during week 38 both times and I'd like to know if I'm dilated at all.  I know it doesn't mean much, but if I'm not dilated, it will give me more hope of actually making it to my c-section date this time.

I have some swelling in my feet and ankles, but it isn't too bad especially compared to my first pregnancy.  My BP is still good.  I completely forgot to ask about the results of the GBS swab.  Other than that, it was a quick and uneventful appointment.  I can't believe I only have one more appointment until delivery.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @MetsGirl18 - I think if your GBS swab was positive they would've said something. I'd go with "no news is good news" on that one, since they'd want to tell you to get to the hospital right away if labor started if it was positive.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Had 38w check up today. All good; my OB mentioned that if I'm still pregnant by next appt (scheduled for 1 day shy of 39 weeks), she'd see if I'm favorable for a sweep. I didn't have one with my last LO - she came spontaneously at 39 weeks. Anyone with membrane sweep experience? 
  • had my 40 week appointment today. with DD i never made it this far if i don't have this LO by next monday i have to have an ultrasound for a bio physical profile. anyways midwife did a cervical check this time iwas almost four cm dilated then she stripped my membranes and said i was definitely four cm now lol. i didn't have them stripped with DD and it hurt pretty bad i was cramping the whole way home but now i'm not at all. she also isn't gonna be on call after thursday and she really wants me to have this little guy before then. she gave me black and blue cohosh to take and instructions to help get things started with alternating breast pumping and walkingfor three hours in the morning. 
  • @kvh22 I hope that's true, but I was positive with my others so I think my chances of being positive again are pretty high.  Plus, I'm supposed to have a scheduled c-section so I don't know if this doctor (different than the one who took the swab) was as concerned with checking on the results in my chart.  If I went into labor, I assume I would be going to the hospital right away anyway.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was just searching the board for info on membrane sweeps and am so glad that it is an active subject here! I've never had it done before and was really surprised when my midwife offered it today (38w3d). I said yes and it has slightly intensified the painful BH (or real contractions, whatever they are) that I've been having. I also have my first acupuncture "opening the doors" appointment tomorrow night. I had been so "certain" that i was going to go sometime between the 16 and the 21st that I'm not mentally prepared for it to be earlier. (For me it is better to plan/expect for later so that I'm not impatient after a certain date. Patience is not my strength.) I guess we'll see, but would love to hear other people's experience with membrane sweeping. 

The midwife also gave me antibiotics to clear up a sinus infection before LO arrives - I was so grateful! 

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• I had my 36 weeks appointment today, including a cervical check (only a fingertip dilated), and the GBS swab. Next week is a growth ultrasound. Baby seems to be doing perfect! 
  • Had my 38 weeks appointment today, no change from last week :( I know that doesn't exactly mean anything but I was still hopeful. HR was 130-150 and strong, measured on track.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey, I'm having my membranes sweeped tomorrow at 39+1. Will let you know if it works! My daughter was born 5 days early and my son 10 days.. so I'm still hoping she comes early, but who knows. I'm just tired of going to work with Braxton hicks and random contractions. 
  • My bump profile is screwed up :-(.
  • My 39 week appointment is tomorrow and I'm anxious to see what the doctor says. When I did my pre-admission appointment at the hospital on Monday, I found out that my 37 week appointment that had an ultrasound updated my due date to Aug 14, by they're still going with my original of the 19. Super confused since baby is measuring on the small side and no one said anything. I know ultrasounds are highly unreliable with weight and why not but when the nurse was checking me in, even she was shocked that I was shocked. I will probably have another ultrasound tomorrow just to make sure baby is still making progress and the placenta is still "doing it's job" as the doc said last week. 
  • @mrsashworth522, my first OB always used to tell me that they won't officially sway away from a woman's LMP due date unless it's over 5-6 days difference. I've measured further along on U/S since my first U/S with this LO. My U/S ticker changes every monday, but my LMP is every friday :). I just always say I'm week ____ for the whole week if people ask. Unfortunately, most forms of measurement until baby is out are pretty unreliable.

Good luck in your 39 week appt tomorrow!
  • I had my 40 week appointment today (even though im 40 +2).  My OB swept my membranes and checked, im only 1cm and 50% effaced, and baby isnt engaged.  Im discouraged, but I think im feeling extra pissy becuase when we were talking, she kept saying that today was my due date, and I was like "no, its the 8th, im 2 days over".  Apparently only half of my records say the 8th (everything ultrasound says 8th) and the other half say 10th (which is based on my lmp).   Well what made me more mad, is that at 35ish weeks she kept talking about early induction becuase I was measuring so big, and now she tells me they wont let us induce prior to 41 weeks.  Well based on her date of the 10th, that put me at 41 +2, and I know this kid is big, and Im starting to get nervous about having a 10+ pounder. I just about lost it in the office.  I was/am so angry, but she did agree to change the edd to the 8th, to give me an induction date of the 15th.  SO now im standing in my kitchen, feeling crappy from the sweep, and pretty pissed off, and trying to get gravity to do its job, and get this kid out of me NOW!  I just want to cry.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @littlebug2010 Hang in there, lady! I hope the sweep does it for you. I am a firm believer in setting expectations and totally understand your frustration. It'd be all "fine, whatever" that she doesn't want to induce you until 41 weeks if that'd been what you'd been told from the outset. I asked up front a few weeks ago and they'll induce me by 41+3 or 4 days. If she all of a sudden told me let's induce at my appointment tomorrow (at 38+4), I think I'd freak out just because it wasn't what I was expecting. Glad you got the induction scheduled for the 15th.

• @kvh22 Thanks.  I feel totally ridiculous about the whole thing.  But even last week, when I saw a different person, she made it seem like I could request it earlier, becuase of consistently measuring big, so I assumed that I could go in today, and request something for tomorrow.  When she started off by saying the 17th, I almost burst into tears right there.  I think your right, the fact that the expectations have been changed so many times for me, might be why Im feeling so angry.  
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    edited August 2017
    @littlebug2010 haha yes - I might be projecting a little bit but I would be super upset if the date got moved later than what I'd been told, especially so late in the game for you already. All about expectations for me. I'm fully prepared to go another 3 weeks if I don't go into labor on my own and I'm at peace with that because I've been able to mentally prepare for it. In my mind I'll have a baby by 8/31 (EDD 8/21) so if they tried to make me go later than that I would be feeling exactly the same as you.

• Yay @kristenk727! I'm glad you got checked; that's one thing that my OB's office has been stressing for the last few weeks .... any lack of movement, go in right away.
  • good luck @AbbeyH

had my 40 week appt. I'm 1-2 cm dilated and he's dropped. We still scheduled a 41 week ultrasound and inducement date of the 20th (pending all is good with the ultrasound on the 17th). 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Had my 40 week appt just now and easily the worst one I've had. OB had said he wanted to induce this weekend but I'm still only fingertip dilated so bumped it back to next Thursday.

**possible TW*** I had to have an NST because his heart rate dipped during the Doppler...during it, a different nurse than my normal one kept coming in, ripping off the sheet and leaving. I noticed his heart rate was 140ish when it's usually high 150s. They got enough data I guess and I feel like I was shoved out the door with a 'ok, bye.' I started bawling as soon as I got to the parking lot. Hello hormones....between gettin no answers and my hands killing me from having to hold the monitor myself (carpal tunnel and difficult LO), I'm a mess. Once I'm a bit more calm, I'm going to call the office and make them aware of how I was treated and to make sure everything really is ok with my lil guy. **end TW**

I'm OK with waiting until next week for a healthy baby and hopefully 'easier' delivery (he said if he induced Sat with no dilation it raises my chances of a c section) but I wish he hadn't even mentioned this weekend originally. The disappointment at not getting to meet him in 2 days is a hard pill to swallow right now. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @caity024 Im sorry you had such a shitty appointment.  There must be something in the air with these 40 week appointments this week, cus mine was horrible too.  FX both of our boys will decide to come ASAP (before both of our induction dates), and we can snuggle them this weekend! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • These are some awful appointments  :( Sorry, ladies. My 40 week is on Monday. I've already been told they don't induce until 41+3 so I'm prepared to be pregnant forever. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was told the same as @SpotConlon and they worry about the placenta at that point so I know I won't go past that. I can't beleive these OBs telling people they'll be induced and not stipulating that it'd change if there was no dilation, or for some other reason. Do they not realize we're uncomfortable, hormonal pregnant women???

@caity024 Definitely call your doctor but I've had HRs from 130-150 and I asked when it was 130 because it was the lowest it's been - my OB said that's still fine. I also had an NST due to the baby's heartbeat back around 24 weeks (arrhythmia that resolved itself). They had me make an appointment after the NST with the MFM so I'd say if they sent you home, it was probably not serious. The doctor still should've talked to you, though. Sometimes it's just hard to tell on the doppler but the NST clears it up and everything's fine.

• Oh man @littlebug2010 I understand your frustrations. I was hoping you a better appointment. He will be here in his own time. Well worth the wait. He is going to be evicted sooner or later!
  • I had my follow up appointment today to see if I had any progression and could be a candidate to be induced next week... out of no where I have high blood pressure, so pairing that with my low platelets, they have admitted me for immediate induction. I'm nervous because I'm still barely dilated or effaced and (since I was told on Monday that I wouldn't be induced until next week sometime) just don't feel quite ready. My doctor said again that baby is not engaged at all and at this point inducing me should be "interesting"... well that's reassuring! Here's hoping for the best!
  • @caity024 that's a good read. Anything above 110 is normal. Plus there's a variation with rest and movement. My baby always varied from 130s-160s during pregnancy. During labor, she dropped to 80s and 90s several times due to cord issues. That was scary!