April 2018 Moms

Cravings

Just to add more fun since we are still in those early stages and it doesn't seem like anyone has shared (at least I haven't seen)
what are you craving? Anything out of the norm for you? 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker

Re: Cravings

• pghrenpghren member
    edited August 2017
    Mostly salty things. In particular, cream cheese with green olives on wavy chips. I haven't been able to go get it but sooooo good

• Loading the player...
  • Cheese is pretty amazing @ngolimento

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Ugh I was just craving cheeseburgers. Made my H stop and get everything on the way home and as soon as they were made they turned my stomach. I feel kinda bad  :#
  • @saralee797-2 If he's anything like my DH I'm sure he still appreciated burgers! 
  • SALT! Lots of salt and vinegar chips. 4 small bags in the past week. 
  • Haha he certainly didn't object @allowachick but now I'm laying on the couch looking green and he's cleaning up! 
  • Chic fila is pretty much it. As soon as something sounds good and I make it... i completely become turned off!
  • @zombiemom1318 omg me too! If I could I would live off of nothing but chick fil a nuggets and lemonade right now.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @kaymaroo that sounds so good ... and I have a serous poultry aversion right now
  • @allowachick I did too in my first pregnancy. I thought I would this time around but man I cannot get enough of those stupid chicken nuggets.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• lundlund member
    Yup. SALT. Looks like I'm in good company! I did the totally cliche thing and bought pickles today; but hey they're a good low-calorie way to satisfy cravings.

i haven't been missing my sweet tooth, although I'm sure it'll come back!
  • Strangely enough, I've been craving hot dogs. One hot dog with just ketchup and an untoasted bun. So weird. 
  • @kmalls that sounds amazing right now

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @kmalls Yup, hot dogs here too. @lund With my MIL's homemade bread and butter pickles. So good. +1 to team salt over here.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Team Salt for life. I'm usually a chocolate and ice cream fiend and I haven't wanted it in what seems like weeks. Crispy chicken, fried clams, French fries, yes. And lemonade too. Old wives tale tells me that cravings for salty things means it's a boy so excuse me while I pray for my Ben n Jerry's habit to come back!  ;)
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • I keep eating BLTs with egg, cheese and avocado.  I am trying to decide if I am too lazy to make one now.
  • Lots of salt here too its the only thing that is curbing this morning sickness!! Lots of pesto pasta, also did the salt and vinegar chips. I totally understand pickles now and will be getting those for sure lol. Mmm gonna make some mashed potatoes right now that I just remembered about. I've been adding avocado to everything trying to balance out the salt and carbs lol 
  • Mango and Thai sticky rice!! I made a special trip to the store for the ingredients and I'm so glad I did. Yummmmmm
  • My first pregnancy I craved salty like no other @frenchiekinplusone and I had a girl so don't let go of the hope.

Idk what I'm really craving nothing sounds all that great.  Although salty does hit the spot it gives me horrible heart burn.

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @Dumbgurl04 YES the dream lives!! Thank you! DH is gonna be so bummed out 
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • Damn. All this stuff sounds so good. I just finished dinner and it's making me hungry...
    @apthor02 @sjn00  Kettle Salt & Vinegar Chips are a serious weakness of mine - I have absolutely zero willpower when faced with a bag of them. I've also been eating all the toast, with all the butter. 
    @sjn00 We had pesto pasta tonight for dinner and it really hit the spot!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @hedgepig yesss toast too! It's whats getting me by in between meals!
  • I'm craving crackers and cheese! I love cheese!
  • All I can think about is steak or a good burgers. Which we don't eat a lot of beef... really ever. But I'd kill for a good steak or a good burger. 
  • No cravings yet but last time I was craving sauerkraut and horseradish which I never eat otherwise! I had waaaay more aversions than cravings unfortunately :(
  • danjoly said:
    No cravings yet but last time I was craving sauerkraut and horseradish which I never eat otherwise! I had waaaay more aversions than cravings unfortunately :(
    @danjoly this is totally me. I have way more aversions than cravings... so I'm trying to enjoy my favorite foods now lol

DS: EDD, December 19th, 2014. Born, December 19th, 2014!
    DD: EDD, July 18th, 2016. Born, July 19th, 2016!
    CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3: EDD, April 16th, 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Add a +1 for team salt over here! Normally have a major sweet tooth, don't care about anything sweet right now!

I ran the gamut yesterday craving pizza, fries, a Texas Roadhouse roll, grilled cheese, cheese and crackers, and mayo!

DH obliged by getting me fries and a grilled cheese from steak n shake @1am when he came home from work! Don't think I've ever enjoyed anything more!
  • lundlund member
    edited August 2017
    @allowachick your chips, green olives, and cream cheese sounds AMAZING

@sunshinedays-2 ooooh can you post the link to the mango and Thai sticky rice recipe?

• lund said:
    @sunshinedays-2 ooooh can you post the link to the mango and Thai sticky rice recipe?

+1 because that sounds amahzing.
  • no specific cravings here and no real aversions either.  boring so far!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lund @kmalls here is the link to the recipe: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/coconut-milk-sticky-rice-with-mangoes-233842

However, sometimes I don't have thai sticky rice on hand and sometimes (read most of the time) I'm super lazy. The shortcut is I put a cup of short grain rice in my rice cooker with a can of coconut milk and three heaping tablespoons of sugar (I like mine less sweet than the recipe). Slice up my mango, wait for the rice to finish cooking and boom easy dessert! It's not exactly the same but it is close enough for me and my tastebuds!
  • OMG @ftm_ohio you are making me want some Texas Roadhouse right now.  I could so go for some of their rolls and their Cheese Fries.

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • @lund @kmalls here is the link to the recipe: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/coconut-milk-sticky-rice-with-mangoes-233842

However, sometimes I don't have thai sticky rice on hand and sometimes (read most of the time) I'm super lazy. The shortcut is I put a cup of short grain rice in my rice cooker with a can of coconut milk and three heaping tablespoons of sugar (I like mine less sweet than the recipe). Slice up my mango, wait for the rice to finish cooking and boom easy dessert! It's not exactly the same but it is close enough for me and my tastebuds!
    Omg I have always loooved mango sticky rice!  I may use this recipe.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @ladythrice it took me 4 months to be able to even think about chicken. I was sad last night while grilling some. Hopefully it's not the same this time around! But my MS kicked in while I was prepping our Thanksgiving meal last time so I bet having my hands in the butt of a 20lbs bird didn't help my case lol!
  • I'm craving what I used to eat in college: fries with Old Bay dipped in mayonnaise
  • @allowachick I have never even considered this combo but now I want some immediately!
  • @allowachick team old bay!  Yummm
    BabyFruit Ticker