August 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms Thread 7/31

2»

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 7/31

• Options
    @aehogan90 My contractions have been pretty constant now they are increasing in pain but not ready to go to hospital quite yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Mango517 My BH contractions have been very similar. I started getting them somewhere around 25ish weeks and they have been getting gradually more frequent ever since. There are times when I get them every 6-8 min for 2 hours but like yours, they eventually fizzle out. My doctor was telling me that some women just contract more than others and they don't know why. I do notice they are most frequent when I haven't gotten much sleep (which is most of the time recently). Hang in there! 

• Options
    My insomnia is pretty bad this week.  I have no problem falling asleep because I'm exhausted, but every night I've been up for at least 2.5-4 hours during the middle of the night.  Then, I'm so tired by the time I get home from work that I don't want to do anything except relax.  I was hoping to get some cleaning or organizing done during the week, but I can't function in the evening on this type of sleep.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Holy mole, lightening crotch is REAL. I've been having the shooting thigh pains for a couple of weeks but man, today it's intense. I'll be sitting, standing, walking and out of nowhere this crazy sharp shooting pain goes flying from my crotch/hip down my thigh. Not cool!
  • Options
    Joining the lightning crotch club. This is the least fun club. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    37 weeks 1 day pregnant super uncomfortable already dilated to 1 constipation and super hot tired and grumpy
  • Options
    Lost my mucus plug 4 weeks ago and spotting after cervical check on Monday but not dilated yet. I'm 39 weeks +2 today and baby seems comfortable in there. The only thing is that I've been having awful gas for the past 3 days. Nasty sulfuric gas that I can barely stand. Is this a sign at all? LOL
  • Options
    Feeling very PMS-y. Like you feel right before you know your period is going to start, with mild back pain and pelvic pressure. Tooootally overthinking it and need to chill the eff out. Have had a few contractions here and there, but nothing consistent or regular. I just keep getting excited for nothing!

Also, this ringworm is killer. It's all over, like 70 spots, and I finally went to the dermatologist who gave me prescription cream and body wash but it's still spreading. Freaking out because what do I do if baby comes? I don't want to give it to her by BFing or doing skin to skin, but obviously want both of those things. UGH help
  • Options
    @mrsmatt1212 omg, that's awful. It's still spreading even with prescription meds? Is there anything else they can do? Can they do a steroid shot?
  • Options
    @mrsmatt1212 That sounds so miserable!! Is there anything stronger they can give you? Steroids maybe? :(

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 @Mango517 great question  :# I'm definitely calling in the morning because I'm freaking out! I feel like a leper 
  • Options
    I feel like crap. My ear and throat are bothering me and I'm just hot. I'm tired. Uncomfortable. No contractions none of that baby is coming type stuff. Very irritable and cranky. My mom comes down on Monday though so I'm super excited for that!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @mrsmatt1212 I'm so sorry you're still dealing with ringworm! Did you get the prescription strength anti-fungal? That worked for me. Hope it clears up soon! 

Edit cuz I just read your whole post! Hope what they gave you works! FX for you! 
  • Options
    @cmmiller531 there is a crud going around for sure-- it caught me earlier this week and has now met my husband. 

Fingers crossed your crud is short lived too!
  • Options
    I am so freaking tired of waking up puking every single night!!! I'm already getting little sleep between insomnia and DD wake ups but to add in puking I'm just done. So frustrated and short tempered. 
  • Options
    Stupid freaking insomnia. Thursday/Friday I woke up around 2:30 and laid there forever, then woke up at 6:30. Last night I went to bed at 11 knowing full well we have to be at the hospital at 6:15 for my c section meaning I need to be up at 4:30. It's now 3 and I've been awake for 20 minutes. My stomach hurts and is upset because I over ate at dinner knowing I had to fast from midnight and can only have clear liquids for roughly 12 hours post procedure. DH is snoring his brains out and I just want to sleep because I'm going to be in the hospital the next 3 nights, and hello, have a newborn that doesn't sleep, or at the very least has to be fed several times through the night. 
  • Options
    +1. For insomnia. I woke up to pee and DS came looking for me. He then needed more water. He tried to get a show or book and I said no way. I got him to lay back down but now I'm wide awake and I need to be up in an hour. 

@SouthernMama15 good luck mama!!!
  • Options
    Good luck today, @SouthernMama15 !! Thinking about you guys! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Good luck, @SouthernMama15! I don't know how anybody can sleep the night before knowing they are having a baby the next day!

@cmmiller531 and @AbbeyH My whole family came down with some nasty sinus thing earlier this week. It has totally distracted me from all of the pregnancy symptoms. I've been eating garlic like crazy, which has both decreased the severity of the cold and has also totally gotten rid of the constipation that has been plaguing me this entire pregnancy. I guess this falls into a rant/rave. It has definitely pushed out how soon I want this baby to come because I would prefer not to be struggling with congestion during labor. 

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    The swelling in my legs/ feet has been terrible this week. Luckily today is my last day in the office (also my due date). SO looking forward to some couch time, finishing little things and gearing up for induction on Weds night. Had a little more discomfort today than I have had in the past- but that is to be expected at this point. Maybe she will still come on her own?!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    Cramps from nursing are no joke. Motrin isn't helping and I just about keep throwing up. I forget how long this lasts
  • Options
    Anyone have any issue with shifting teeth and/or their bite being no longer aligned? I noticed it a few days ago that when I bite  down, my back molars no longer touch and come together like they should. Instead my bottom front tooth hits the back of my upper front tooth. Not sure if this is pregnancy related or not but I tend to think so since I've never had this happen before. 
  • Options
    @kaityrj Mine came out last night but no bloody show. With DS in 2014 it came out with a bloody show and my water broke too....so now it's just the waiting game. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ughhh guys, Miles finally came home from the hospital. This is great right?   Wake up in the middle of the night for a feeding, my breast is all red and swollen and I've got chills and a fever.    Mastitis.   Has anyone ever had this?   The midwife automatically called in antibiotics for me and said to just keep nursing. My poor LO is having a really rough first couple weeks of life! ☹️
  • Options
    @JDBtwinmama oh gracious! I don't have any suggestions or help (FTM) but so sorry you're dealing with that! Definitely take pain meds if you can and hopefully those antibiotics kick in ASAP!
  • Options
    Yes @JDBtwinmama. I felt better within 24 hrs of antibiotics. I'm sorry. It hurts so bad
  • Options
    @brookedeyo thanks, that gives me hope!   And @mrsmatt1212 thank you!
  • Options
    Hope you feel better soon @JDBtwinmama

39 weeks greeted me with a yeast infection. :(