August 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread 7/31

How are you feeling today? Anything new to report?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 7/31

• Pelvic discomfort, insomnia, soo thirsty all the time, back pain, lots of Braxton Hicks, heartburn....

But all of this is still worth it knowing that we will all be holding our sweet babies within the next 6 weeks or so!

Pregnancy Ticker

• I've been up since 2am with cramps in both front and lower back and lots of pelvic pain and pressure. Not sure what's going on but plan to go in to see the doctor at 1pm. Hopefully this little guy stays put for a bit longer! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Sciatica comes and goes. My ankles have been killing me and when I wear tennis shoes for support, my ankles and feet swell. I can't win.  Can't believe baby will be here in a few days. I'm a bundle of emotions and anxiety. 
  • +1 to everything above, back pain, heart burn, swelling, emotional, anxiety, pelvic pressure. Basically everything that goes with being 38+ weeks pregnant
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• The pelvic pain has been absolutely excruciating for the past few days. I can't walk, sit, or stand without it bringing me to near tears. Headaches. Heartburn has returned with a vengeance. I'm so ready for this chapter to be done.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Charlie Horse has been worse for me also been feeling like my belly dropped and it is too uncomfortable to walk at times. I feel a lot of discomfort. I am ready to have the baby but then I get sad that I won't have no more movement in my belly. At times I get excited that soon I will have a baby. Then I get sad its pretty annoying that my emotions are all over the place at this point.
  • +1 to the swelling, pelvic pressure, stomach issues, and getting sick at night again! At 39+3 every thing I feel that is 'different' or a supposed sign of labor I am all over. Sudden back pain-stomach issues-baby is lower...we see the Dr Weds AM and I am pretty sure at that time we are going to get a  potential induction deadline, since Friday is our due date. Hopefully I have made some progress from last week, which was baby a little down and not dilated at all.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • tova24tova24 member
    Been having contractions since Friday. They were irregular up until this morning. Went to L&D to find out they are 3 minutes apart but I'm still only dilated 1 cm and 50%effaced.  Got sent home and am instructed to drink tons of water and pop a Tylenol. If the pain doesn't subside, back I go! 
  • @tova24 GOOD LUCK!  Keep us posted as to how you are doing!  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @tova24 that's surprising they would send you home though. Good luck. I'll be thinking of you today! Is your dad with you yet?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• 37+5, feeling great generally. I do have some heaviness/soreness in my lady region, externally only perhaps some swelling and maybe the boy has dropped? I wasn't ever having difficulty breathing due to his position so no great indicator as to whether or not a drop occurred. I've had Braxton Hicks since like 4 mos so I don't even really notice them now, if the contraction isn't painful it's nothing. Still have sharp shooting pains down my thighs some times. No internal last Friday so idk if I progressed from the 1cm but no effacement of the week before. I go back Thursday and will have an internal check. I hope he comes soon!!! Can't wait to meet my son--oh my gosh, I'm having a son! DD is super excited too. 
  • @tova24 eeek, that's exciting. How many weeks are you now?
  • I still only get intense Braxton Hicks, no real contractions :( 
  • Super irritable today because I am having contractions that are regular until they aren't. I'm 39w4d so I am pretty close to my due date, but the suspense and tease of contractions are making me crazy and grumpy. They wake me up at night and I am also waking up every time I roll over along with all the bathroom breaks at night...

I feel like I am getting the flu because I am tired, nauseous and have body aches. I am still working so I am dragging myself in and putting in enough effort to get by. I just keep telling myself that he is healthy, I am healthy and more time inside is beneficial in so many ways. 

Just grumpy and uncomfortable......
  • same ol pelvic pain that's been bugging me for the past 2 weeks or so. She's dropped since 2 weeks ago so I'm hoping she makes her appearance soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Super random pinched nerve in my right butt cheek. WTH?! Like I'm not walking/waddling funny enough already. 
  • My boobs are killing me. I'm trying to snuggle DS and he keeps wiggling and headbutting me in the boobs, sides, nipples, etc. I don't remember them hurting this bad at the end with him.
  • tova24 said:
    @SouthernMama15 @aehogan90 yeah. They said since I wasn't dilating, I could labor at home. Tomorrow I'll be 39 weeks. I'm back at L&D since the contractions have intensified. My dad is flying in tomorrow morning. My doula is ready to head over once I give her the "I'm in labor, get your ass over here!"
    Good luck!!! You got this!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Anyone have any experience with back labor? I've been having bursts of pain in my lower back, sometimes wrapping around under my belly every few minutes for about 45 minutes. I took a shower and now I'm laying in bed with a hearing pad and water, but it's not seeking to subside. 
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    @SouthernMama15 no experience here (sorry!) but I have 2 friends who went through back labor. One said it took her a while to realize she was in labor because it wasn't what she expected. The other could tell and said what helped her was leaning over the washing machine and having her mom rub her back. I know you have an RCS scheduled any day now so fingers crossed this isn't really labor unless you want it to be.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @SouthernMama15 I had back labor with DS2. Contractions felt like some of the worst back pain I've ever experienced, and it also took me awhile to tell I was in labor. I was 6cm when I got to the hospital. Sounds like it's at least time to call your OB! 
  • Decided to come in, not dilated, but they're monitoring. They were going to call my doctor and see what she wants to do. I'm 38+3 and baby looks good on the monitors. I feel like an idiot. 
  • @SouthernMama15 Don't feel that way, it's better to be safe than sorry! RCS in less than a week, right? 
  • @PinkPrincessPiper it's this Friday! I'm chugging water and they're going to check me again around 11. 
  • @SouthernMama15
    Glad everything is looking good. You did the right thing by going in to get checked! Prayers that everything stays good and that all goes smoothly on Friday! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @SouthernMama15 don't feel bad! It would have been silly not to go in! If it wasn't necessary they would have sent you on your way instead of keeping you til 11. 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• @SouthernMama15 I had the exact same thing happen today...so frustrated with myself, even though the nurses said it was good to come in just in case. I had pain radiating in waves starting at my back and wrapping around. The waves started at 10 min apart and got to 4 before my doc said to go in. Baby's still happily cooking away, though, and I got to come home. I'm 38+4 and still only 1cm dilated so I don't think he's goin anywhere just yet; I just hope these don't happen again....the pain was awful and not at all what I expected.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SouthernMama15 hang in there. The end is in sight!! 
  • If DD lays on my belly wrong, I get some super sharp pains wherever she's laying. It hurts so bad! I have to get her off really quickly and then get up and walk around while breathing slow, deep breaths. Definitely never had this when pregnant with her. It HURTS!

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I get super sharp pains if Little Dude sits just right on my left.  I have to lay on my right to get him to move, and then if Im standing I really have to move slowly.  I think he sits on some organ (though I have no idea what it is), but wow it hurts.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • I went to doctor and he checked I am dilated to 3cm. He won't be surprise if I go anytime soon he said. I am having contractions and I am still at work nothing serious yet. I am just waiting for water to break at this point.
  • I went to doctor and he checked I am dilated to 3cm. He won't be surprise if I go anytime soon he said. I am having contractions and I am still at work nothing serious yet. I am just waiting for water to break at this point.
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. I've been walking around at 3, more now, for atleast 2 weeks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Has anyone else lost their mucus plug (with "the show" -TMI, sorry) and not had anything else happen?

Mine went this morning and the blood scared me but Dr. not worried said it could be from exam I had yesterday and since it's not bright red and no contractions nothing to worry about.

From what I've read it doesn't necessarily mean labor is imminent and could still be weeks away, but wondering what others experiences are?
  • Kaityrj said:
    Has anyone else lost their mucus plug (with "the show" -TMI, sorry) and not had anything else happen?

Mine went this morning and the blood scared me but Dr. not worried said it could be from exam I had yesterday and since it's not bright red and no contractions nothing to worry about.

From what I've read it doesn't necessarily mean labor is imminent and could still be weeks away, but wondering what others experiences are?
    *TMI* I just lost a piece of mine last night (without blood). It does NOT mean labor is eminent. I lost it with DS1 two weeks before I went into labor. I either didn't lose it with babies 2 & 3, or I just didn't see it. 

I've also had tons of pelvic pressure this past week. I starting to wonder if I'll make it to my RCS on 8/31.  :#
  • @kaityrj I had pink blood tinges after cervical checks. I've been losing pieces of mucus plug since week 36. Lost the biggest chunk this am at 39 weeks 5 days. No labor here.