March 2018 Moms

PGAL Check-In - 8/3

Just one day late.  
This is a safe space for those who are pregnant after a loss. General TW for this thread.

How far along are you?

Any appointments coming up?

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)

GTKY: What is the best advice you've been given?
Me: 30 H: 30
Dx: PCOS
Married: June 2013
TTC#1: January 2015
BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
TTC#2: June 2017
BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18

Re: PGAL Check-In - 8/3

• Loading the player...
  • @becausescience good luck at your US next week, I hope you have a busy weekend to occupy yourself until then.

@pghctwife I hope you have a good update this afternoon!

Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @pghctwife I'll be thinking of you today. 
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • How far along are you?
    6w3d

Went for bloodwork yesterday (having HCG checked weekly still). First appointment is 3 weeks from today. 

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)
    I have lots of symptoms - mainly my nausea has picked up and I'm throwing up 1-3x per day. But I hate when people say that's a "good sign". I threw up 4x a day with both of my losses. So vomiting really doesn't make me feel better. 

I also wish this first appointment was sooner. And that my OB called with results from my weekly bloodwork. I'm assuming no news is good news from her office and trusting my HCG is rising. 

Not really advice. But I'm doing everything I can to stay pregnant. Taking my
    prenatals, my progesterone, my thyroid meds. The rest is out of my hands and I need to just trust and have faith that I am capable of growing a healthy baby again. 
  • @becausescience, these loss milestones are hard. Mine is in 2 days for my MMC. Thinking of you and hoping your appointment goes well!

@pghctwife, good luck today!!!
  • Thanks, all.

@heatherdubrow I missed your posts till just now, terrifying. I'm glad it's ok but omg, you can't take that fearful feeling before away. It stays with you. 

Id love to know the answer too. I hope it's nt birth... I hope maybe first tri or kicks? It's my last baby and I so want to soak it all in and enjoy it.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• @mdfarmchick good luck at your dating US today!!
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • OK correction, I went back in my google calendar. What do you count as the date of a m/c or how far along you were when you m/c? For me I had an empty gestational sac at 9 weeks u/s, a repeat ultrasound at 10 weeks still empty, and then naturally things evacuated at 11 weeks. So what milestone do you normally mark?

DD #1: 2012; MMC: 2014; DD #2: 2015; It's a boy! 3/31/2018

• I remember the date of my first ultrasound when the world came crashing down and the date I actually miscarried.  

Baby #1: BFP on 10/12/2011, EDD 6/24/2012 Born: 6/16/2012 Boy!

Baby #2: BFP on 11/11/2016, EDD 7/25/2017 - MC 1/2/2017

• @mintea, my story was complicated. I went in for my 12 week appointment and found out baby was only measuring 6w5d. So that date was a huge milestone for me. I opted to miscarry naturally, but after 5 weeks nothing was happening so I took meds to induce labour essentially. I miscarried at 17 weeks. So that date is also significant. 

With my second loss, I woke up to cramping and bleeding. I miscarried in the hospital while waiting for an ultrasound. I was 15 weeks. 

I think the date doesnt matter so much as whatever was significant to YOU. For my first loss, both dates were equally significant but for different reasons. 
  • Having a tough day today ladies. So many loss posts and my heart is breaking for them. I have been crampy today and I try to tell myself it's normal, but then wonder if I'm just kidding myself.  

*TW DD ahead - having had 2 losses and never any children I sometimes feel so hopeless. I am terrified of every little feeling and find myself having ugly thoughts that maybe I'll just never be a mother. I am so, so thankful to be pregnant (especially after our diagnosis and treatment etc.) But i am just hoping I'm not being set up for failure again. I don't know what I would do/how I would handle another loss. I still want to cry when i see a baby because I don't know if that will ever be me. I want to have a Christmas not just DH and I. I want to be a mother so bad it hurts* 

Sorry for the DD. Just a hard day

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• @GG620 It's okay to have a hard day. I'm praying that this is your rainbow, take home baby. I think a little cramping is normal. I've had it a few times this pregnancy and my bean was jumping around this morning. Cramping just means baby is growing and your uterus is growing and everything is okay. <3 You only need to worry if you are bleeding. 
  • I'm sorry you're having a tough day, @GG620.  I was having similar ugly thoughts this morning, thinking about how devastating it would be to get bad news at my first appointment.  I'm attached to this baby and afraid of this pregnancy not ending well, but I'm also afraid that I'll never be a mom to living children.  They're kind of linked fears for me.  I think it's so hard to make yourself vulnerable again after a loss, but maybe especially when you've never experienced an easy pregnancy or one that ended happily.

One thing that's helped for me is trying to recognize where my black-and-white thinking isn't realistic.  That's often reminding myself that: yes, it's possible that my body can't produce healthy babies, but that doesn't mean I'll never be a mother.  And then I also try to counter the first part and remind myself that I'm pregnant today and things may go just perfectly in this pregnancy.

The whole journey sure is hard, though, and the longing for a baby is real.  Sending you hugs.
  • So many hugs to those struggling today.

August is a crummy crummy month filled with loss milestones for me. It's a different kind of pain. Love your way @becausescience

and also to @GG620

Good luck at your appt tomorrow @eller-2 and anyone else with upcoming appointments. 
  • So guys I'm trying not to freak out... we had a great heartbeat and a wiggly little alien but baby measured 5 days off from where I think I am. I went back and looked at my calendar and I took a 50 or 100 miu HCG test with afternoon urine 3 days before my possible missed period so I'm just finding it highly unlikely that I could be 5 days off. Am I obsessing for no reason? I know with DS I was pretty sure my EDD would be 30 August and the first ultrasound at 6 weeks measured me 4 September. But then I didn't have another ultrasound with measurements until the anatomy scan, where they adjusted to 31 August EDD.

sorry if this post is inappropriate. I will delete if it is. 
  • @mdfarmchick Not inappropriate. Honestly I know they say early ultrasounds are most accurate, but the tech today said the slightest mis-measurement or baby isn't in the best position for measuring it can make for inaccurate dates. Hang tight. Call your doctor and ask for a follow up to make you feel better if you don't have one scheduled. Hugs. 
  • @chasingroygbiv my follow up won't be until 31 August and I doubt they'll do an ultrasound just because I don't agree with their dates. My insurance is kind of a PITA about those being medically unnecessary. I didn't temp and I didn't have a LMP due to the MC. I'm just more looking for reassurance that 5 days isn't a big deal and maybe that it's not super accurate this early?? Is this something to push about?
  • How far along are you?
    10 weeks today, due 3/1! 

My next appointment is in 3 weeks.  We will hopefully get to hear a heartbeat on the doppler. I am getting anxious just thinking about it. *TW* My 13 week appointment in january is when I found out I had a missed miscarriage at week 9. **End TW**

Today I am doing well! I have been seeing my therapist every few weeks rather than monthly for anxiety and it really has been helping. 

GTKY: What is the best advice you've been given
    Live in the present moment.
  • @mdfarmchick If it's enough to cause you excessive worry, yes, push. If a doctor works with PGAL women they tend to understand, that said I've been told several times unless the date is a 7+ day difference there is generally no concern. Does that make sense?
  • @chasingroygbiv yes. And I actually feel better. I think I'll keep my original date and talk to him about it my next appointment unless something else happens. :D I think maybe the little cherry/strawberry is just a little smaller like it's brother. Overall I don't have a bad feeling yet. 
  • Sorry I'm late to the party. Today was work and then I was extremely tired. 

How far along are you?
    6w5d (updated by doc yesterday) 

Just had the one yesterday. Next one will be first with midwife on 8/26 (at 10 weeks).

The fatigue and nausea are kicking my butt. I had to cancel class tonight because I did not think I would survive. I haven't cancelled a class for illness in the 6 years I've been at that college.  :(  I feel a lil defeated by the f and n and overwhelmed by the things I have not been able to accomplish.  I'm thankful for being pregnant, every day.

Ask for help. Allow people to help you. 

XO to everyone! I'm praying tonight for all of your concerns.
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi ladies! This is my first week participating in this.  :)

How far along are you?
    7w2d according to my LMP

Not until the 16th, when I'll be 9 weeks, which I think is ridiculous considering I have a history of loss. Just let me see my baby!

Symptoms wise I have fatigue and nausea, which means my kids are watching entirely too much tv  :#
    Loss wise, I just passed the date of my MC (6w5d) so that's good, but we lost our first child, a little boy, when I was 22w2d, which means I spend basically the entire pregnancy terrified because I don't feel like there's any point where I'm "out of the woods"

Make the most of the little moments. 
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• @mdfarmchick, I got my positive with DS 4 days before my period was due. He measured 4 days behind at my first ultrasound (around 8 weeks). I was super worried. My OB said there is nothing to be concerned about if they're measuring less than a week off. By his 20 week anatomy scan he was measuring 10 days ahead. 

Some people just have HCG doubling faster than others, and therefore a positive test sooner. The HCG in my system with him was already at 395 before my missed period. Some people don't even have it at 10 by the time their period is due. 

I know it's hard not to worry, but try not to. Important part is seeing that strong heartbeat. Focus on that. 
  • Thank you so much @fullofhope25. And I loved seeing your ultrasound picture! 
  • Since no one answered in weekly questions, is anyone using ACV for heartburn?  I'm having difficulty eating anything with nausea and disinterest in food. 
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ishmoney I have not. My previous BMB moved to Facebook and has a bunch of pregnant ladies on it and we just discussed. The overall consensus seemed to me that it didn't really help? I took Zantac when I was pregnant with DS during the second half of my pregnancy. Hope this helps. 
  • FX and prayers for the next u/s @eller-2! One victory at a time. The peanut was in there with a beating heart! Give them time to catch up (if that's what's needed).

Thank you @mdfarmchick. I'm just so despondent...I need a first trimester food/life coach. Feel like I just want to close my eyes and wake up in 6 weeks and hope for a change. 
    TTC since Jan 2017

Pregnancy Ticker