September 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms 7/31

I tried to post this earlier and it wouldn't let me. Put random thoughts here. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: Randoms 7/31

• Options
    jena333-2jena333-2 member
    edited August 2017
    Looking for some extra input: I received 2 packs of three of these waterproof changing table liners. I'm trying to figure out if I should keep them, or just return them (space is at a premium in our home, and I'm trying to keep things light). Looking at the Amazon reviews, they get super mixed reviews. Some people swear by them, others say they're a waste. STM+ is this something you used? Did you love them?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009UPUJIY?tag=amz-mkt-chr-us-20&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-a0027-def00-other-nomod-us000-pcomp-feature-pcomp-wm-1-wm-3-wl-ask0&ref=bit_pcomp

Munchkin Waterproof Changing Pad Liners 3 Count
  • Options
    @jena333-2 FTM here, but my sister gave me some hand me downs of a different brand of something like this. She said she found them really helpful because you don't have to wash the changing pad cover as often.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OmSweetOmOmSweetOm member
    edited August 2017
    I think it's probably something I would take back- but then again with my first I think I probably used the actual changing table like 2x total. Maybe I am the miniority but, I usually just wound up changing him on the nearest blanket on the floor or couch or bed. I just couldn't be bothered going all the way back to the room for every diaper change. Plus you get the hang of getting that second diaper under there pretty quick I don't think there's really that many incidents where there needs to be special waterproof sheets on top of something that's already covered but again... could just me be and my lazy mom status speaking. Just seems unnecessary and like one more "thing" to have to find a place for and ain't nobody got time for that in my house. I'd like to get rid of half the stuff I own as is lol

• Options
    Breath_Easy92Breath_Easy92 member
    edited August 2017
    @jena333-2 I have one pack. Use them in diaper bags because I don't like carrying the big changing pad around and it saves space in the diaperbag. Also I know lots of places have changing tables but judging on the place (like a gas station) I don't like to put the baby right down on the plastic that's probably rarely cleaned. They can be handy too for blow outs even at home. I'd say 6 isn't excessive but more than I would need personally.
  • Options
    @jena333-2 if you don't have any flat cloth diapers, then I would keep at least one pack of those. Changing pad covers are bound to get peed and pooped on, so putting one of those down will help. I can't stand having to wash a changing pad non stop, so we went with a Keekaroo changing pad. We still put something down to catch any unexpected liquids when changing baby.
  • Options
    @jena333-2  I had a 3-pack of these and used them, as others mentioned, on top of the actual fitted cover on our changing pad. I found them super convenient to throw in the wash when something got on them rather than changing and washing the stupid cover all the time. 6 seems maybe a little excessive though.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    adooadoo member
    I feel so unprepared for baby I'm just over three weeks away from my RCS which could still possibly get moved up another week. 

I have DS bag packed for while he's with grandparents and baby girls bag for hospital.  But I don't have myself packed or ready. 

Urg hopefully i can get motivated during nap time today to get some stuff done but SO has a friend coming up this weekend so the house needs cleaning.  The struggle is real. 
  • Options
    I stepped away for lunch and came back to the Facebook thread being closed and a bunch of TOU violations. I obviously can't see what was posted now, but was any of that seriously shut-down worthy? It's all fun and games until the BGs get involved :(

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • Options
    labby18 said:
    I stepped away for lunch and came back to the Facebook thread being closed and a bunch of TOU violations. I obviously can't see what was posted now, but was any of that seriously shut-down worthy? It's all fun and games until the BGs get involved :(
    It wasn't even that serious lol. 
    I was glad to see @wyomama0427 make an appearance. You are totally what makes this board fun.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    And my mom is at the airport to fly home  :'( Next time she comes the baby will be on its way or due anytime. Which means I get to finish prepping for baby solo since DH can be counted on to help as much as my 2.5 year old DS can.  :(  
  • Options
    This might be a really stupid question, but does it hurt if your belly button pops out? I'm 33 weeks, and judging by how that area looks right now, there's no way I'm making it to 40 weeks without mine popping out.
  • Options
    This might be a really stupid question, but does it hurt if your belly button pops out? I'm 33 weeks, and judging by how that area looks right now, there's no way I'm making it to 40 weeks without mine popping out.
    Nope, it doesn't hurt! Mine started popping out early. You can't even feel it, so don't worry
  • Options
    Also.... I'm really feeling the love guys 

• Options
    Nope, it doesn't hurt! Mine started popping out early. You can't even feel it, so don't worry
    Did it happen relatively suddenly or was it gradual? I have no idea if my belly button will pop but just assumed (probably wrongly) that if it hadn't popped by now, it wouldn't. 
  • Options
    EmilyE13 said:
    Did it happen relatively suddenly or was it gradual? I have no idea if my belly button will pop but just assumed (probably wrongly) that if it hadn't popped by now, it wouldn't. 
    I think it can probably happen either way... I don't really know tho.. mine got flat with DS but never popped out. This pregnancy with DD, the top half has been poking out since like... 20 weeks I think. It pokes out more when I laugh and stuff, and depending on what position she's laying in it might poke out more. Either way, it goes back to normal after delivery!
  • Options
    EmilyE13 said:
    I think it can probably happen either way... I don't really know tho.. mine got flat with DS but never popped out. This pregnancy with DD, the top half has been poking out since like... 20 weeks I think. It pokes out more when I laugh and stuff, and depending on what position she's laying in it might poke out more. Either way, it goes back to normal after delivery!
  • Options
    Glad to see some old regs, but not sure what's up with the mean girl stuff going on over FB.
  • Options

Hi friends!! I've missed some of your pretty faces. Saw the bat signal and wanted to pop over for a quick smattering of love and gifs. @lilpoots Haaayyyyy girl hayyyy!
  • Options
    @Souptin
    Hey gorgeous
  • Options
    Well I just took a trip to L&D for this super sharp pain that has been getting progressively worse in my lower abdomen. I called my OB and she said to go....I felt dumb since this is my 3rd kid and I'm 35 weeks. I mean shouldn't I know these things by now. Well apparently baby girl is just lower than I thought and rubbing her big beautiful head on my cervix causing a horribly sharp pain. So that's neat. I need her to stay in a couple more weeks so I can do some more projects and I'm not as stressed out. Lol  
  • Options
    @tfrangul I'm so glad all is ok and she was just snuggling lol. 
  • Options
    @wyomama0427 you have a belly button????
  • Options
    @tfrangul 3rd baby or not, any consistent pain should be evaluated. That's not stupid; That's smart! Glad that it isn't anything to worry about and sorry it hurts. This baby does painful things to my cervix, too and I never experienced this with my 1st, because my placenta was covering it last time.
  • Options
    @tfrangul there's a time to dick around and there's a time to be serious. You were having some serious issues in your personal life and while I haven't been in your exact shoes, I've been there. You needed some love, and I was happy to give that to ya. 
    Some silly post about a Facebook group by someone who has been shitting on people the whole time does not warrant my "support" so that's probably why she's so salty. Nobody invited her to whatever Facebook group she's imagining exists. 
  • Options
    @tfrangul Every pregnancy is different! Can't feel bad about being cautious. Glad all is well though :smile:
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @tfrangul glad to here all is ok always good to be sure :) I agree with @MyNamesTaken every pregnancy can be different
  • Options
    My belly button is out!! :( my maternity pics you can really see it but doesn't hurt just weird to me and hopefully goes away after baby comes!
  • Options
    lilpootslilpoots member
    edited August 2017
    Outies are super cute. I still have an innie and it looks like a huge crater in my tshirts/dresses.
  • Options
    Well that makes no sense. Unless I missed a thread that was so crazy it got deleted. Do the interns have nothing to do today? 
  • Options
    @lilpoots As far as I can tell, it was just a single post that was deleted. Not an entire thread. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    I guess I missed it. A lot going on here on the board today, especially with Calla going home.