September 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms 7/31

Re: Randoms 7/31

• Options
    @bridge-and-wall in the thread her user id picture now shows that she has been banned  :'(
  • Options
    mrsvp614mrsvp614 member
    edited August 2017
    @tfrangul  Glad everything is okay! Keep on cookin' baby!

ETA: I missed the controversial posts too. What is happening here?!
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Carebella If you get 3 warnings within in a specific period of time, it's an automatic ban. This was her third. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    Currently on hour 11 of what will end up being a 15 hr road trip from NY to OBX NC at 32 weeks pregnant. 0/10 do NOT recommend. 
  • Options
    Yikes! Hang in there mama! @hmclaren
    For the record, I am no good at traveling NOT pregnant. You are a special woman. Just saying. 
  • Options
    @hmclaren FX you don't have to drive back at some point too. That sounds awful  :'(
  • Options
    lap018 said:
    Yeah so, I get on and the first thing I see is @lap018 is the most recent comment on the birth announcements and almost lose my sh*t!
    No baby yet, just trying to keep people (who don't or can't read instructions) from starting to chat on the birth announcements thread! Sorry for the scare!! 
    I totally thought the same thing about you and got scared haha!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    lap018 said:
    Yeah so, I get on and the first thing I see is @lap018 is the most recent comment on the birth announcements and almost lose my sh*t!
    No baby yet, just trying to keep people (who don't or can't read instructions) from starting to chat on the birth announcements thread! Sorry for the scare!! 
    No need to apologize, just keepin your pimp hand strong :joy: people need to be reminded that the birth announcement thread is solely for birth announcements not chatting 
  • Options
    Do any STMs have experience with some of the baby tracker apps (apps that you use to track things like feeding times, poop diapers, wet diaries, sleep, etc) and recommend any specific ones?
  • Options
    tfrangul said:
    Due to all the stress I have been under and all the nesting I have been accomplishing I decided to take myself and my daughter to get pedicures! It was great! I recommend all you ladies get one done before baby comes!
    I am getting a manicure and pedicure tomorrow evening! My husband surprised me with a spa gift card. I can't wait!
  • Options
    @Rhubarb7216 Since your induction is quickly approaching, you may want to check with your L&D ward to make sure you can have painted nails. I know our hospital will take off your nail polish if you come in with it. Being able to see your nail beds and check for any color changes was the reason they gave for no nail polish.
  • Options
    JNR6510 said:
    @Rhubarb7216 Since your induction is quickly approaching, you may want to check with your L&D ward to make sure you can have painted nails. I know our hospital will take off your nail polish if you come in with it. Being able to see your nail beds and check for any color changes was the reason they gave for no nail polish.
    I was actually wondering if this might be an issue but when I went to the dr last week they gave me an instruction sheet for induction and it said remove all jewelry, but didn't say anything about nail polish. At the same time I know it's possible they do have that rule and if they make me take it off, I won't mind too much. I actually enjoy the process of the mani/pedi much more than I care about the polish itself.
  • Options
    @Rhubarb7216 we paid for Baby Care. It uses dropbox to upload data and share it with another phone. I'm sure there are a ton of apps that work just as well. 
  • Options
    You guys... go read March '18's Baby Bump pics thread - it's been closed. They are an entertaining bunch :) We've never been that dramatic!
    There are a LOT of entertaining posts in that group. Seriously. 
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 they are crazy!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Toe polish is totally fine! I quit painting my nails because of the upkeep but so long as it isn't black or blue or some other dark color the pulse ox will pick up on your finger. But they *may* remove it on your finger if the nurse can't get a good reading. 
  • Options
    Rhubarb7216Rhubarb7216 member
    edited August 2017
    Toe polish is totally fine! I quit painting my nails because of the upkeep but so long as it isn't black or blue or some other dark color the pulse ox will pick up on your finger. But they *may* remove it on your finger if the nurse can't get a good reading. 
    I will have removed the finger nail polish before I get to the hospital on Friday anyway...it starts to chip so quickly and then annoys me and I don't need another thing to bug me when I'm in labor! So I should be arriving with only toenail polish and doesn't seem like there should be any concerns about that.
  • Options
    Don't wear acryllics, shellac/gel, or dipping powder though.

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    Don't wear acryllics, shellac/gel, or dipping powder though.
    No worries, I'm a very basic girl when it comes to nails! Only regular nail polish!
  • Options
    Hey guys! My life is chaos so it's been awhile. 
    I had a flat belly button with DS, and now the top of mine is popping out, too @wyomama0427! You can definitely see it through my clothes. But mine was hurting when I laughed and sneezed so I asked my Dr. He said I probably had a small hernia there but didn't seem concerned so we shall see! 
    Goad everybody seems to be hanging in there!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Do any STMs have experience with some of the baby tracker apps (apps that you use to track things like feeding times, poop diapers, wet diaries, sleep, etc) and recommend any specific ones?
    I used mammababy. I don't remember having any issues with it and I thought it was pretty easy. I'm sure there's a ton of them now, but I'll probably stick with that one because it's familiar. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    RE baby apps: I need a new phone for these apps! I don't have any memory left on my phone to download new apps!  :#

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    Some morning entertainment:  Hilariously Bad Pregnancy Photos
  • Options
    My friend became a STM on Friday and recommended FeedBaby to us. It can be used on multiple phones so you can coordinate w your partner.
  • Options
    I has a question and idk if I should make and new thread about it. 

Birth plans! 

Is there an app or website you're using? Is there a preferred layout?  I heard pictures are better than a bunch of words l, and the more concise, the better.

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    lilpootslilpoots member
    edited August 2017
    @Sugargirl1019 I used google image to search for birth plan images
  • Options
    This is my 3rd and I have never done maternity photos not have I ever had the desire. I got so much shit from some girls at work with this baby. I'm like ladies. Not happening. No one needs or wants to see that shit. Lets be real. 
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 TBH, I never made a birth plan. I just sort of trusted that DH would available, had magical brain reading abilities to know what I would want, and would advocate for those things. I'm lucky that a) he was around (you never know what can happen); b) he really does know me as well as I think; c) the things I wouldn't want never actually came up as issues so we didn't really have to worry about it.

A friend of mine is using this birth plan:
    https://https//www.mamanatural.com/visual-birth-plan/
    I like that it's very much visual. If you get the word version you can just delete the pieces you don't like.
    It's not perfect, but she's just adding to it as she sees fit. Her version is actually quite a bit more detailed and includes space to fill in narrative information.
    I'll see if I can upload the version she has created to google docs without the formatting getting weird.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • Options
    I made the best French toast this morning! It smelled so good my husband got out of bed. Lol
    We picked up some baby clothes at a garage sale already this morning and now we are having hanging out till we go to my dad's crochet party! Nothing like a bunch of drunk old men! Lol
    Have a great weekend ladies!!
  • Options
    @tfrangul I made a new recipe with biscuits turkey and pepper jack cheese this morning! It was soooo good! Lol we must have the same kind of energy going on right now! Haha
    have a great party! We are off to a benefit for my friends daddy who passed away yesterday  :'(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @efrey1986 that sounds yummy! 
    I'm sorry for your loss. Creapy internet (((hugs)))