August 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread 7/24

2»

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 7/24

• Loading the player...
  • This baby is so low in my pelvis that it hurts to stand up and walk. I'm in tears when this happens and I have to breathe through the pain. 

Im also on the grumpy train and maybe threw a handful of peanuts I was eating at DH this weekend. Poor guy lol
  • Does anyone else feel really sore (pelvic area) the day after having a cervical check? I don't remember this with DD but man, do I hurt the next day this time. Last week I could barely climb the stairs after. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @bumpybump I havent had any cervical checks (my OB doesnt do them), but after all of my recent ultrasounds I have had some crazy pelvic pain.  They have measured his head each time, and for some reason they think they have to press super hard.  By the time I get home, I have to ice and rest for a few hours.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @bumpybump I have been hurting since my check yesterday. The check itself didn't bother me. I'm crampy, more contractions, sore, and a super sharp pain in my groin when I walk. Not sure if it's related to the check or just a natural progression of things.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @bumpybump I have and its the worst one of the annoying parts in pregnancy. Both pregnancies have happened to me. I wish I could refuse but they have to check. 

Today I woke up so tired and I feel my body super heavy and belly feels low.
  • The heat sensitivity is getting worse. Woke up sweating 2 nights in a row now (though we keep the temp constant). The dampness makes me wonder if my water broke or something but nope, just sweat. Yuck. Not even sleeping next to DH right now because he's sick but may want to continue sleeping apart from him in these last days....

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @aehogan90 I always brace myself for a painful check but these last few have been painless. Well, until later that day and the following one. So same here!

@emmeline714  why do they "have to" check? You have the right to refuse. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @emmeline714 agree with @bumpybump just know you have the right to refuse literally anything. It's your body!  
  • @DeansGirl14 oh the sweating! I washed all the sheets for our bed yesterday so we had multiple clean sets b/c I feel soooo gross after a night of sweating and waking up to damp sheets. Unrealistic to change them so often, but just ugh! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @DeansGirl14 and @smallbutmighty77 +1 to the sweating at night.  I have the AC on, and a fan blowing on me.  I have been leaking occasionally from my boobs, and many nights I wake up thinking that I had a boob-splosion, nope its just sweat! We change the sheets all the time now, and its gross! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • I just got my third ocular migraine in two weeks. They are so frustrating because they just come on with no warning and when it's happening I can't really see anything. Thankfully the other two weren't followed with the normal terrible headache, but the one I had today didn't fully go away and round two came with a headache.

Brought these up to my midwife at the last appointment and she noted that vision issues are common in pregnancy. And I have a family history of migraines. Since I have no other signs of pre-e, she just wants me to keep a log of getting them and they'll keep an eye on me.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think the rash on my arms that started last week is actually heat rash. It's been so hot here and sunny. Every cream I've tried (Benadryl, hydrocortisone, miconazole) makes the rash temporarily better and then hours after application it is itchy again. The sun, especially on my drive home is making it worse. I haven't had heat rash in a really long time...any tips on how to make this go away quickly? It's been there for over a week now. I just tried an ice pack and that took away the itch. If I have to wear long sleeves on my drive to and from work I will. Should I be wearing sunscreen too? 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• @Blackandyellow sounds bizarre but my son has struggled with heat rash as a baby and toddler, so what worked for us is baking soda baths and rubbing the baking soda right onto the skin dry, like baby powder. 
  • In the morning I have trouble emptying my bladder. The pee comes out in such a small trickle. I sit there for a bit and move all around and can get more drops out. It's not a pleasant sensation. 
  • @brookedeyo I've found the same here and there; it's super frustrating. Then, I'll cough, and a gush will come out, lol ... it's very uncomfortable. No advice, just commiserating! 
  • This morning at 5 am I woke up crying because I had braxton hicks with charlie horse worse feeling ever that I woke DD and DH. DD did not go back to sleep until I told her I would be fine and she fell asleep on my arms. DH thought my water broke. Hips feel like they are dislocated at times it hurts to walk :( can these next 4 weeks fly. Coming to a point of misery with these pains.
  • Feeling pretty good other than sleep deprivation and peeing every 5-10 minutes. Lol! I also have a bruise-ish under my left breast where my breast/bra constantly rubs against my belly. It started a few weeks-months ago but has gotten much more sensitive. It's almost like a rug burn and there's literally nothing I can do to keep my boobs/bra completely off my belly, they're just too darn close together! I currently have a piece of TP shoved up under my bra to prevent the chaffing and it's kind of working but not great. Only 2 weeks and 6 days to go, I am make it! Also not super motivated to get last minute things done like install the car seat base and pack my hospital bag. I'll definitely get the car seat in this weekend and put the diaper bag in the car as well, just in case. I'll be doing one last super-deep clean this weekend bc my bathroom has a funky smell, like a boy was in there and maybe splashed on the floor a tad (I'm looking at you, husband) so I want to thoroughly mop around the toilet bc the toilet itself is clean and not where the smell is coming from. I'm probably the only one who can smell it, too
  • Woke up at 4:30 this morning and it took a couple hours to get back to sleep. Too early, body!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Im so tired of feeling congested while I sleep.  Ive been so congested that breath right strips no long do anything, and I sleep with my mouth open, so I drool . . . My poor pillows have been washed so many times!  I just want to be able to breath while I sleep, and not drool all over my pillow! 
    IVF started Feb 2020