Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS Week of 7/24

2»

Re: TFAS Week of 7/24

• What number are you trying for? #3

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO - but I think today is the day

Ages of other child(ren)? 6 yr old girl and 3 yr old boy

Any thoughts about this cycle? I got my Paragard IUD out last month, so this is my first full month I suppose. Just hoping all goes well with TTC this time around.

Any questions? Nope.

GTKY: If you could be dictator for a week, what would you change? Geez, there's so much. I'll keep it PC and agree with the longer maternity leave. The policy in the US is embarrassing. 
  • @fishsticks-n-custard I'm sure you're right that people who act like that have never struggled or been around anyone who has struggled. I was amazed at how many women I knew who had trouble too. Some of them were eventually successful, but others, like me, never were.

Also, eff that mom and that mommy group.
    Image result for can i interest you in a sarcastic comment
    Me: 33  DH: 34
    DS1: March 18, 2016
    DS2: due June 7, 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • What number are you trying for?  2

Cycle/Month?  1/2

WTO/TWW?  I'm not totally sure, but I THINK I'm still WTO.  I did have an almost positive OPK but I'm not temping.  I'll either get AF in a couple days or I need to go back to acupuncture to try again to get my cycle back...

Ages of other child(ren)? Almost 8 months

Any thoughts about this cycle?  Didn't expect to get pregnant, but I wish I had started temping..

Any questions?

GTKY: If you could be dictator for a week, what would you change?   I like the maternity leave change.

• @MLS6212 I almost guarantee that the women who get sanctimonious about breastfeeding had a really easy time breastfeeding and probably don't have anyone in their lives who struggled. It's really easy to be all high and mighty about something that came easy to you or that doesn't affect you. (I'm actually thinking of a recent troll on TTGP and some of her recent posts on her BMB, ugh) I had to supplement 4-8 oz a day until 6 months (and solids took over). I had a mom at a mommy group tell me that my daughter didn't count as breastfed since I supplemented. I told her, "Milk that came out of my breast feeds my child. It doesn't get more clear than that." Never went back to that group. I'm sorry you ever felt like a second class mom. That is 100% not true. 
    Oh man.. I wish you had bishslapped her..I can't stand the how-you-feed-your-baby debate. We're all just trying to do the best we can as moms and if baby is being fed than that is the ultimate goal. Every bit of breastfeeding counts as breastfeeding. I think you're right in that those who are rude just don't understand that others have struggled with BFing.

The biggest issue I had with BFing DS was oversupply which led to bad gas pains, poor little guy. He also had a tongue-tie which affected his latch and we had to get it corrected. We made it 20 months EBF before DS decided he was done altogether and never wanted to nurse again. Many of my mom friends had various issues of their own and some supplemented, others formula fed only, others EBF. And guess what? All of our kiddos are healthy. 
  • a little late to the bandwagon here but I also had severe issues breastfeed my DS. I was pumping after every feed trying to jump start my supply and it really just never happened. There's no explanation for it either. It was to the point where I was in tears trying to get him to latch and he would scream and scream. I cannot believe anyone would have said that to you @fishsticks-n-custard, that is absolutely terrible. Pumping is a lot harder than people realize, I'm proud that you made it 3 months @MLS6212, I threw in the towel at 6 weeks.
  • @MLS6212 I'm so sorry. I had a lot of anxiety and put a lot of pressure on myself when breastfeeding my son. He was slow to gain weight and I thought it was all my fault because he was EBF until 8 months. I made myself crazy over it. If I had known how much better I would feel after supplementing with formula for two feedings a day, I would have done it so much sooner. I'm impressed with all you ladies still breastfeeding and pumping. DS self weaned at 10 months and it made me a little sad. 

@fishsticks-n-custard I would have lost it on that chick in your mommy group!  

@garnetandgoldgrace I like the jeans made by Wit and Wisdom. Nordstrom has some on sale right now! 
  • cm716cm716 member
    @fishsticks-n-custard and @garnetandgoldgrace I hope you are able to get pregnant without having to wean!! I had to wean DD2 to get pregnant with DS1. I just weaned DS1 this last 2 weeks and he took it pretty hard. :/:'(
  • cm716cm716 member
    @MLS6212 I got a couple of passive comments when I weaned my son at 11 months and one week. I stopped literally with 20 days before his first birthday.  :| seriously?!
  • m6aguam6agua member
    edited July 2017
    *lurking from Nov 2016*

@lalala2004 Hey girl! Not sure if you remember me at all, we were here together back in the day, and then were on the May 16 BMB together *TW* until I had  a mc.

@mls6212 and @peppersmith22 and some of the others that expressed they had troubles breastfeeding, while I'm not saying that you have this issue because I am not a doctor or a LC, your stories sound a lot like mine and figured I would share.

There is this thing called IGT (insufficient glandular tissue), basically it means you don't have enough of the right kind of breast tissue to produce enough milk. There is a wide range of how much tissue women have and how much they can end up producing (I am on the very low end or the spectrum). Check out this website and read the stories to see if you think this may be you: https://www.noteveryonecanbreastfeed.com/

Also here is my story, sorry in advance that it is long.

I had my LO on Sunday night, she latched great and I was giving her colostrum. She seemed to want to feed all the time. I hand expressed and tried pumping in the hospital to give her as much as I could. Went home Tuesday, on Wednesday we had her tongue and lip tie corrected. That evening she was screaming, wanting to feed all the time, not producing wet diapers, and my milk still "hadn't come in". We took her to the ER and she was dehydrated, they gave her some formula. I got sick that evening and ended up loosing about 25-30lbs in the next two days, still no milk, and I was trying everything. Oatmeal, eating constantly, water, power pumping, BF and still getting only drops to about an ounce all day.

Monday comes and I met with the LC. She was expecting to correct some issues, but she said LO & I were doing everything perfect. She did a weighted feed (weighed her before and after both sides of feeding and LO was getting nothing). She then watched me pump and asked me if my breasts changed during pregnancy (they did not) and if my mom had issues BF (she did). She said that I didn't have the right kind of breast tissue or enough of it and I would need to feed formula and I could BF if I wanted to keep that bond, but it really wasn't going to be how she was fed. I decided to EFF from that day on (there were lots of tears), but it has been the best decision for me. All that work to not even produce and ounce in a whole day was too stressful. I still resent that fact that I didn't get to enjoy those first couple weeks of motherhood. I did some research after and figured out that what I had, had a name and that is IGT.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua yes, I remember you! I'm sorry you have IGT. Do you also have PCOS? I've heard that the two are sometimes correlated.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• m6aguam6agua member
    @m6agua yes, I remember you! I'm sorry you have IGT. Do you also have PCOS? I've heard that the two are sometimes correlated.
    I do not have PCOS.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua I wonder if I have that condition. I only had minor changes during pregnancy and my mom did also have trouble BF. Do you know if it gets better with a second baby? 
  • m6aguam6agua member
    @peppersmith22 From what I read and from what the LC said you can start to develop more tissue with additional pregnancies, so after each baby you may end up producing a bit more than the last. But you may not as well. I have no personal experience because I have not had a second yet. But for my next I am going in with the intent on formula feeding and will try and pump/hand express/feed whatever I can get.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua  That is my attitude about feeding too. FX for additional tissue with #2!