August 2017 Moms

UO 7/20

2»

Re: UO 7/20

• @PinkPrincessPiper ditto! I even tried it a few different times to see if it was a fluke, but nope, can't stand it! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tova24 @bumpybumpI knew it truly was an unpopular opinion. ;)@caity024  Same. It's one of those things I want to like, but I just don't dig it. *shrugs* 
  • Loading the player...
  • @PinkPrincessPiper

*Gasp!*. Most shocking u/o yet.

I probably would not have made it through the third trimester without Nutella.  While I haven't eaten it from the jar yet, I've had quite a few Nutella sandwiches.  I should probably ween myself off sometime soon.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my god I forgot about Nutella. DH needs to
    go to the store now.   This might be my first emergency craving!
  • My U/O: The whole Pride festival thing has gotten a bit out of control.  Sure it's great to celebrate your right to love who you want, but it all seems a bit excessive and overdone IMHO.  It seems outdated to make a big deal out of it.  Do we really need to celebrate our right to be straight/ bi/ gay by wearing rainbows and leather chaps?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Nxy I agree with you about kids coming first and DH feels the same way. I don't feel like our marriage suffers because we still make it a priority, but our kids and their needs come before our own. We still make time to communicate and connect. I don't think one way is better than the other and as long as you and your spouse are on the same page, that's all that really matters.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    @erindippity - Preach! I find it incredibly irresponsible for the parent/caregiver to put the child in a position to be hurt as well as put the animal in the position to act defensively and possibly injure the child which may lead to its death. They think it's cute to let a kid tug on a dog, crawl on a dog, yank a cat around.. People. Are. Stupid.
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    On the subject of people not taking a celebrity's death well...
    I was a social worker. I had a parent who tried to kill...yes, KILL the other residents in her group home with broken glass after Whitney Houston died. I was so glad her babies were removed from her care.
  • @LSP87 oh my. That's even beyond what I meant. People are interesting 
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    edited July 2017
    I love nutella and strawberries!!! I'd never had it until studying abroad and didn't fully appreciate it until having nutella crepes. I can't have any caffeine since LO had an arrhythmia (which has gone away...but still no caffeine) so I need to add this to my post-partum foods list.

@Lauradi1010 I lived in SF for a few years right out of college before moving out of the city to the burbs. My 16 year old sister came out to visit and we got coffee at my regular spot in the Castro (5 minute walk from my apartment at the time)...ended up waiting to cross the street next to a guy wearing a cowboy hat and NOTHING else. I totally wasn't thinking to even warn her before going. Needless to say, if that was just a random Saturday, chaps are optional at the SF pride parade. It also really pissed DH off that I would see naked men on my way to get coffee.

Edited b/c I forgot my UO. I hate being called "Mrs. my-husband's-last-name." I met DH's parents when I was 14 or 15 so even though I call them by their first names now, I expect to turn around and see his mom when someone calls me "Mrs. ____." SIL is the only one who makes a point to write "Mrs. ____" without my first name on anything she sends and her baby gift arrived addressed that way. It's sweet but SIL is all about being "Mrs. my-brother's-last-name" and doesn't get how weird it sounds to our family - likely including my brother - b/c that's my mom (she's way over the top about it, though).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• bumpybumpbumpybump member
    edited July 2017
    I prefer "momma" over "mama." Both are correct but every time I see "mama" I hear it like a sheep is saying it "maa maa"  :D

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• AbbeyHAbbeyH member
    @bumpybump- every time I see momma I read
    it a moe-ma.  It totally throws me off.