August 2017 Moms

Weekly Random 7/17

Due dates approaching, GoT is back, and all the weird randos are coming out of the woodwork...

Re: Weekly Random 7/17

• Loading the player...
  • Nxy said:
    @SpotConlon send them my way  :D this yard is kicking my butt

Me next, I could use someone to blow leaves on our back deck
  • DS2 was having a rough night, so I let him sleep in my bed (DH works nights). Bad idea, he was all over the place. Reminds me of a meme, "Sleeping with a toddler is like trying to sleep next to a drunk octopus looking for its car keys". At one point his feet were in my face.  :|

Now I'm waiting for DH to wake up so we can watch GoT & The Strain together. :wink:
  • @SpotConlon that would so be my ILs if they lived close. Heck, they attempted to use the excuse of pulling weeds this past weekend as a reason to come see DD. I'm so thankful they aren't close but I'm also so sick of them wanting to visit every month too. Big fat NOPE from me!

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @bumpybump Thats super cute!  There are a few kids that I see most mornings when I walk our dog, and a couple just stare at me with really wide eyes.  The neighborhood I live in is primarily hispanic, so a lot of the kids dont speak english, so I just get really big eyes.   
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • EmyB30EmyB30 member
    We were telling my nephew this weekend that baby Jonah was in my belly. He peaked down my shirt and said where I want to see him!

Then the next day I asked my niece who will be 4 the end of August if she knew what was my in my belly...her response, "Food"....Mmmmm yes and a baby but thanks!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS2 was having a rough night, so I let him sleep in my bed (DH works nights). Bad idea, he was all over the place. Reminds me of a meme, "Sleeping with a toddler is like trying to sleep next to a drunk octopus looking for its car keys". At one point his feet were in my face.  :|

Now I'm waiting for DH to wake up so we can watch GoT & The Strain together. :wink:
    I LOVE the idea of co sleeping....but we've never been able to do It! How do people do this with a toddler without ER visits? I'd wake up with black eyes! DD is a violent sleeper!
  • tova24tova24 member
    @littlebug2010 that is amazing! Congrats on not having to go to the office!!!!

I have mini chocolate bars by my bed. I might wake up and eat one or 2 (fine, like 3/4) in the morning. I tell myself," yup, blood sugar is felling kind of low, you need this!" It's a guilty pleasure right now! 
  • DeansGirl14DeansGirl14 member
    edited July 2017
    Random- back to the crazy pregnancy dreams. TW

Last week I had a dream that Baby died of stillbirth. Last night, I had a dream that I had Baby, and on two separate occasions I just... left her somewhere. Then I'd be all, omg where's Baby? And I'd find her and she'd be totally fine, just sleeping. 

End TW

These dreams are creeping me out!!

Second random- two women at work today told me I definitely dropped and looked wider, all good things... I'll take it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DeansGirl14 please be sure to add a trigger warning (TW) to posts like yours about the dream. You never what what others have suffered from or how reading something like that will affect someone. Many ladies don't read an update if there's a TW. Thanks!

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• bumpybump said:
    @DeansGirl14 please be sure to add a trigger warning (TW) to posts like yours about the dream. You never what what others have suffered from or how reading something like that will affect someone. Many ladies don't read an update if there's a TW. Thanks!
    Oops, sorry, edited. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm starting to feel very mother hen-ish and want all my babies around me all the time. DS went to church camp this week and I know he is having a blast, but I'm stalking Facebook for pictures our preacher and his wife or any other adult there will post. Lol! 

I hate the anxiety that comes at the end of every pregnancy and post-delivery. I was hoping it wouldn't happen this time, but nope! Here it is! I'm usually pretty laid back, but right now I have this overwhelming need to control everything. I obsessively check the tracker on my phone when I know my DH is driving somewhere and only feel better once he has safely arrived. I get nauseous when I think about my grandparents at home by themselves because my grandfather has been falling a lot lately. I want my kids with me all the time so I know their safe. And, when baby come *possible trigger* I will obsessively check to make sure he is breathing multiple times a night. 

It does get better, but it makes me feel crazy. 
  • This is funny to me b/c DH is actually spending the day at his parents house helping them with some yard stuff, and painting some new siding they had put up. Our neighbors upstairs-despite having assigned weeks don't always do their share of our yard so Dh does ours more than he should too. 

Our parents are all in their 60-70s so when it comes to home stuff DH helps them when they need it. 

As for kid comments- when we see my niece who is 6 she just likes to poke my belly button and tell me when mommy was pregnant with her that was where she lived. Yes- it was, I am glad you know these things!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • My friend's little boy poked my belly the other day, shook his head, and very solemnly said, "Yep. Still big." :lol:
  • @tova24 it's serendipitous!
  • The other day I went to Target. I saw a little boy he was so cute and smiling back at me. Then his mom grabbed his hand and he said look she has a baby inside and her baby outside and she just said yeah and turned red and said sorry to me. I just gave her a warm smile. 

Also yesterday's doctor appointment got real. He said that when I am 37 weeks on out my baby might want to come out since I have a 6lb baby. I am not ready.
  • @Mango517 I was thinking about that the other day. A lot of crazy things happen in medicine during full moons, just ask any nurse. I can see a ton of babies being born on the day of the eclipse! 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Ok guys.   My husband has had dreads for 5 years.   They're beautiful and I love them.   He's going to cut them today and I'm freaking out a little bit.
  • @JDBtwinmama
    Wow, that's a big change! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mango517 I am thinking the same thing! My due date is Aug 27th and ever since I heard about the eclipse I've had in my head that something might happen then! 
  • @Mango517 Strange things happen during events like that.  When I taught, I always knew when the full moon was, and im sure any solar/lunar eclipse would have the same effects.  My EDD is the day after the full moon in August, and DH was born on a full moon too, so Im wondering if the same will happen for me. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Just a few days ago I googled when the full moon is in August! It'll be interesting!!
  • My acupuncturist said the solar eclipse is especially powerful this year because of other stuff it lines up with (maybe Leo being a sun-sign and whatever it is called as Leo transitions into Virgo - I'm not super on top of these things!). My due date is the 19th and my hope is that if I'm going late the eclipse might get things going!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• I have an inversion scheduled for Thursday to try and turn the baby. And I'm really scared for the procedure, because I'm scared it's going to hurt.  :/ no one I know has had experience with this, and I'm trying to stay calm and not worry. But, I am.
  • @mango517 I am due 8/4 and my DH is hoping she comes in time so we can drive somewhere with her to better see the eclipse. B/c the first thing on my mind is taking a 2wk old on a ride for an eclipse. We should see it well enough from here-so I'm just like whatever.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @mango517 DD was born on Friday the 13th during a full moon (Honey moon). But, she didn't chose her birthday since I was induced and eventual csection. But I know so many other three year olds that were born that week/weekend. It'll be interesting to see what the eclipse does. 

***TW in Siggy***
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @mango517 I've been wondering the same thing! Many people at work, including a meteorologist, are hoping I give birth during the eclipse. It would be 10 days before my due date. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @mango517 DS was born during a full moon but I was induced. Labor and delivery was completely full when I was there and the nurses mentioned that they see an increase in deliveries around a full moon.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• I'm scheduled to deliver on the day of the eclipse and I hope to make it until then, but I have yet to get to 39 weeks.  My other two were born during week 38.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I find the effect of the full moon on L&D fascinating. With an 8/3 due date, the July moon was too early. If this girl stubbornly stays put maybe the 8/7 full moon will prompt her, haha. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @littlebug2010 sorry about your MIL being that way. But your picture fascinates me, because there's nooooo way that we could have even one stuffed animal out like that with my dog. He doesn't do this with pillows, but he does with stuffed animals  :D