August 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Random 7/17

Re: Weekly Random 7/17

• Options
    @erindippity Oliver's favorite toy is the blue one he's sort of sitting on.  It looks like an easter bunny peep.  He will demolish hard toys and bones, but stuffed animals and pillows are things he's super gentile with. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 your mom probably means well, but doesn't realize she's causing you stress that you don't need. Mine is pretty good about not doing that, but she's currently freaking out because I had an allergic reaction to the adhesive in the sterile window that was placed over my belly during my c section with DS and my ob can't find any other option. My mom used to work for an allergist and told me each subsequent reaction can be worse so she's scared it'll be worse this time. No one would listen to me after DS was born until I was covered in hives. My doctor said she is going to do the procedure as quickly as possible so I don't have to wear it any longer than needed.  

I know it's hard not to worry as a mom, but they don't realize they sometimes make it worse 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 I know my mom means well.  I think my DH is even more than I am about her worrying, though.  I think she is finally starting to realize that her worrying isnt going to change the outcome.  I hope that she calms down a bit as we get closer.  She also told me that every day feels like christmas eve, becuase she thinks that I am just going to go into labor at any moment.  I have a pretty good feeling that little dude is very comfortable, and wont make his arrival until at least his due date. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 I understand. DHs family gets overly excited and worried. Anytime I have an appointment or DS has one they are calling 15 minutes after it's over wanting to know what the doctor said. They can't seem to understand that lab results take time to come back and get mad that they have to wait. When DS got tubes last month they called us on the way, multiple times while we were there, and I don't know how many times after. They were going to take off work to come sit in the waiting room with us even after we said that they wouldn't be allowed past the waiting room.  Every time DH says they're just excited or they're just worried, I want to punch him. You think I'm not? MIL thought she should be in the room with SIL Tuesday for her c section instead of the husband/father.  I even heard her almost cry after the shower and say my poor baby is having a baby. I'm like she's 23 and married, it was planned. How is it helpful to say something like that to someone who is already nervous?
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @littlebug2010 I'm sorry your MIL is acting that way. Sounds like she's giving you some unneeded stress. 

My my father is coming to visit. He wants to be here to help out once the baby comes. He keeps asking me if next week is too soon, should he change the date for the following week, what day do I think Landon will be born, etc. I literally keep telling him "I don't know. Babies have their own agenda and show up when they feel like it!" 
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 At least we can commiserate together.  I remember you complaining about your MIL before, and I cant even imagine.  I know my mom has told DH that the second I start having contractions, he must call her, so she can drive to get here.  We both talked about it, and said that the call will not happen until after I am in the hospital, becuase I dont need her sitting around watching me labor (and thats considering I have a text book labor).  I know that she is just worried, and having a hard time imagining me going through it, but I just need her to chill. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • Options
    My new pump was delivered today!  I loved my Medala PISA last time,  but decided to try the Spectra S2 this time.  Can't wait to open it up and try it out (after baby comes, of course)!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @kristenk727 that's what I got too! And it just got delivered today!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @kristenk727 @aehogan90 I'm loving my spectra! You guys will have to let me know if you like it once you try it

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 I'm hoping it'll help keep her a little distracted when LO gets here. I guess we'll see.

@kristenk727 I got that one this time 2. I only used the pump in style a couple weeks last time, but I'm hearing so many great things about the spectra.

@aehogan90 omg, that's crazy!
  • Options
    @erindippity I had an inversion with my first and, while it was uncomfortable, it didn't hurt.  Good luck!
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 & @littlebug2010,

I feel your pain.

Both DH's family and mine are driving me crazy. SIL offered to babysit my son so MIL could sit and wait while I am in surgery.  I do not want that.  I've told DH, I don't want that, & even the paperwork I have received from the hospital states to only bring your "support person with to the hospital on the day of your surgery.". My husband's reaction, "I can't control who shows up to wait at the hospital".  WTF hunny.  No way in hell.  I had a brutal recovery the first time.  I do not want to see anyone until I am out of recovery.  It doesn't help that my mother is freaking out that she wants to know all the details and see baby before DH's family because they live farther away and his family lives 5 min from the  hospital.  

My original plan was to have MIL come over and watch my son until about 7:30-8 am.  I want my parents to come take over the babysitting duties so they are closer while I am I. Surgery and can just pop down to the hospital if I need them. Neither DH nor my parents can see why I don't have them come wait at the hospital.  I had to show my mom the hospital letter to get her to back off.  I wish someone would understand a room full of people waiting only adds stress and is not a good way for me to start recovery.  

I also want my son to meet his sibling before anyone else barges in.  I want some alone family time.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    I'm really excited to see all the other spectra moms! I got the S1 and I've been watching the mail for it. As people start to pump I'd love some feedback on it, no one else I know wanted to stray away from the medela so real reviews would be awesome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Nxy I'm loving it so far! The let down mode is great. Also really like the night light and timer features. I used the medela symphony in the hospital which was fine, but definitely prefer the spectra. It's super quiet, too!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have 4 weeks left and it just feels like they are dragging. DH has been having a lot of medical issues which had him hospitalized so I've been doing way more then this giant belly can handle. 
  • Options
    @Nxy I have a medela from last time around and my insurance covered another so that's what led me to getting the spectra. I can't wait to try it either.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    NxyNxy member
    @aehogan90 pretty much the same here lol. I was like well worst case I've got the medela from before. I also liked the spectra because it's dual voltage and I won't need go use the 20 lb transformer to pump. AND the S1 has the rechargeable battery and I thought that was neat.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Nxy I got the spectra as well and am excited to see peoples thoughts. I liked all the settings, ability to save, and a few other features. Hopefully it lives up to what I have heard.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    I plan on getting the Spectra too.  I've heard such great things about it.  I liked my Medela PISA, but it's almost 9 years old so I'm glad I can get a new pump.  I just need to remember to get a prescription at my next appointment so I can finally order it.

On a different note, I was supposed to attend a meeting this morning at a location that no longer has working bathrooms.  I think there was a water main break earlier in the week that may have caused the bathroom problems, but I didn't think there would still be issues related to that now.  There's a port a potty, but I'm so glad my boss said I could just stay in the office instead.  I hope the bathrooms are fixed by next week because we have multiple meetings scheduled there.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so glad that so many others got the spectra. I have a barely used medela but since insurance covered a 2nd one, I got the spectra. Options seemed like a good idea. 
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 same here. I didn't pump much last time and ended up FF. But since the pump was free again, I was like...why not. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm done running errands until this baby comes. Or so I really wish! This morning I took DD to get a donut, went to Target for preschool supplies, and the grocery store. I was sweating in the checkout lane at the grocery store. Done by 10:30 am and it already felt like 105 out :(. I'm just done with this summer heat!

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @bumpybump I refuse to leave the house with DS by myself unless it's for a doctor's appointment. It's too much, even having the groceries brought out. It's hot, I'm huge, and DS is heavy. 
  • Options
    AbbeyHAbbeyH member
    This sort of falls under shit people say to Pregnant women- but it slayed me. 

At a a coffee shop for a work planning meeting and Manager was walking around making sure we were good---He literally said, " Oh I just realized you are pregnant, that's so sexy"
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    @AbbeyH So inappropriate! And creepy!  :s
  • Options
    @AbbeyH W. T. F.  :s:s
  • Options
    @AbbeyH DH has a friend who loves pregnant women.  He creeped my sister out at our wedding reception. Fortunately he's married to a different woman than he was then and she's pregnant now. Also, I think she made him realize he's inappropriate. 
  • Options
    Glad that this whole 'sweating through all my clothing' is common.  Our pop up in-ground pool cleaning system is stuck on one rotation and I KNOW I can fix it...I love tinkering on things like that...but it's monsoon season here. The thought of venturing out into full sun and humidity is awful. 

I'm glad LO is cooking away in there and want him to stay put but mannnnn I feel useless. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's 94 degrees out, real feel is over 100.  Today, of all days, the A.C. in my car stopped working.  Guess it's a sign that i shouldn't leave my house until the baby comes.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We just got a wedding invitation in the mail today and it's mid-September, no kids, and formal attire. What the hell is my month and a half postpartum body supposed to fit in by then :/

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @bumpybump, I agree with @Nxy here. I have an October wedding and the thought of trying to find a sitter for an almost 3 year old and a newborn is too stressful, so I think I'll send a gift and skip. 
  • Options
    @bumpybump @HappyToBeHere We'll be skipping 2 September weddings. My brother gets married the first weekend in Oct. Luckily it's local and I'm not in it, so I have no extra responsibilities. My focus is keeping everyone from getting in baby's face, since they'll still be too small for vaccines. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    AbbeyHAbbeyH member
    AbbeyH said:
    This sort of falls under shit people say to Pregnant women- but it slayed me. 

At a a coffee shop for a work planning meeting and Manager was walking around making sure we were good---He literally said, " Oh I just realized you are pregnant, that's so sexy"
    Bump cut this off of the original post--- in the guys defense I really think it was a word slip - he was super awkward after it came out. I know I'm sexy--- but come on dude!  ;) Lol
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    My usual Starbucks barista said to me this morning: "I feel like you've been pregnant for a whole year now. When are you going to pop this kid out?" All I could say was that I totally agree. It feels like it's been a year and right now these last couple of weeks are going by slowly.
  • Options
    Car shopping today with my dad. DH and I've already gone and he basically told me the parameters and that he will come do all the paperwork when we decide. Here's to hoping we find something today. I'm too pregnant for this.
    Pregnancy Ticker