Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTCAL Week of 7/10

2»

Re: TTCAL Week of 7/10

• Options
    @zamora_spin, ugh I'm sorry they don't understand your pain. I do. I feel exactly as you described. That troll was ridiculous. I'm glad she was so over the top, or I'd wonder if people really thought these things about people. I think your family was just coming from a place of concern, but it did come off as insensitive and ignorant. Big hugs.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Options
    zamora_spin  Sorry you've had a rough time. MC is the worst, and the PG hormones make everything magnified. Plus the fact that people don't understand does not help at all. Like you said, therapy is nothing to be ashamed of... it takes guts to admit you need help with something. And honestly, just having someone to talk to about the issues we're going through is amazing! I LOVE my therapist. And the fact that my DH goes with me sometimes and supports me going because he knows it's good for me to just have someone to talk to is fantastic. We already deal with the stigma of MC, we don't need the stigma of 'therapy' on top of it!

Personally, I kinda hope this is what happens to that troll: 
    Image result for horrible accident gif
    But maybe I just didn't take enough "happy pills" this morning. :)

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @looeeze - Thank you! Yes, you have said it really well. I'm sorry you have had similar experiences and I'm glad you are able to feel and be in touch with your emotions. 
    @icecubeinthedesert Thank you also for understanding! I know they did not mean to make it worse, but it has made me feel like they are thinking, gosh, why can't you just get over this? I agree about the troll. I was glad she was so obviously fake because I did find her comment about mc hurtful. 
    @dpjennifer Ha, yes, that is an excellent visual depiction for that troll. I really think therapy is great, and I am glad you are I am able to go and get support.  
    Honestly, I agree with @looeeze , if I just repressed it and didn't cry when I felt really sad, or didn't let myself feel it at all, that would be much less healthy than letting it out when I need to. Ironically, years and years ago my parents sent me to therapy between I think the ages of 9-11 because I wasn't visibly emotional enough about their divorce, and now I am being told to go to therapy because I am visibly emotional. 

• Options
    @zamora_spin I'm sorry you are having a such hard time these last few days (and the drive-by really did say some hurtful things). But it's important to remember that it's OK to not be OK, and that even though our SOs are grieving too, it's just not the same thing that we are going through. **creepy internet hugs**