May 2014 Moms
Options

Hubs not happy with CD purchase :(

edited March 2014 in May 2014 Moms

So I was pretty excited about getting some newborn CD items (6 workhorses, 12 prefolds, and a couple covers) and got them all in. Hubby was in the room when they came and when I unpacked everything/took it up to the nursery and never said a word. 

Then about a week later, he asks how many NB diapers I had gotten. With everything I bought and the 8 covers that my friend is letting me borrow, I figure we have about 20 changes.  He then goes on to say "for the amount you spent, we could have gotten the gdiaper newborn bundle..." I said "I bought a few things for [DD1] as well, so take like $25 off that total that you're seeing."   He still thinks I should have just bought the newborn bundle (comes with 12 NB dipes, 6 size small, and a pack of 80 disposable inserts) based on price alone. Per NB diaper, it's cheaper with prefolds/covers. But based on just the fact that the bundle came with some size smalls, he thinks that was a better deal.  Where was this comment 2 weeks ago when I was ordering things?? Or when they came in?

Can't return the prefolds that have been washed. Doesn't make sense to return the workhorses b/c they're not in original packaging (so would only get 85% of the value from GMD).  So now I'm all bitter about it b/c I feel like we're stuck with what we've got and hubs doesn't seem to approve. 

Sorry for the long post/vent. Thanks for sticking around this long ...

PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hubs not happy with CD purchase :(

• Options
    mmksmmks member
    Maybe explain the resale value to him? Sounds like what you got is more valuable bc you wouldn't be able to resell the disposable inserts from the gdiaper bundle.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    But a newborn bundle only has 80 disposable inserts. That's only about a week of newborn changes. Then for weeks 2 - 12 you'll be spending almost $80/week on inserts. Or, more than $100 to get enough gDiaper cloth inserts for 24-36 changes.

Prefolds and covers is way cheaper, even considering the couple of small size gDiaper covers you get with the bundle. Those covers need inserts ... maybe he isn't getting that part?
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yeah I've mentioned resale to him regarding all of our CD stuff, but his comment is "when do we ever re-sale stuff?" Basically, he doesn't think we'll get around to selling it.

Just frustrating b/c he's totally on board with CDing, but I think it's more of the fact that it's not gdiapers (something familiar) that he's gotten all weird about it. That's just my opinion, though. I don't know what goes through his head sometimes.

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    ns1ns1 member
    I will not pretend to understand anything you said relating to CD, but the grumpy DH over money spent on baby items...I totally get that! I've realized my DH is completely clueless when it comes to the cost of baby items and the value of baby items. I do all the research and always get some sort of deal, so now I just tell him to shut his trap unless he's going to figure out what we need to do. He pretty much just takes my word now. Sounds like from what others have said you know what you're doing and DH is just thinking of money without all the facts.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    He does get that the prefolds and workhorses are reusable right? The Gdiaper disposable inserts might be cheaper for a week or two and then it'll be more expensive as you keep having to buy them. Also, they get very mixed reviews. At least with the prefolds and workhorses you're getting a product that people are constantly raving about.
  • Options
    XathXath member
    GMDs have an amazing resale value for CDs.  They'll also last you through multiple kids.  Each GDiaper insert won't even last you through multiple changes.  Explain it to him with math?
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I would tell him that from now on he can do all diapering purchasing and planning. Cabinet is over there. Let me know if I can help.

image   image
                                                          Baby Girl born May 16, 2014
  • Options
    Thanks for the support, ladies :-)

Again, I think it was mostly because we already have gDiapers with cloth inserts grim DD1, so he probably thinks we'd get more use out of the newborn bundle. And sees the disposable inserts as a sort of bonus. Or something.

Maybe he'll forget about it when he realizes we can use the pre-folds as inserts to the gPants too.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"