January 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread: 7/1-7/7

2»

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread: 7/1-7/7

• 11 weeks 4 days and I want to cry!!! I've been very sick since week 6. I was not functioning at all! I took Zofran with my first, she was born with Charge, so internally i link the two due to Zofran's reputation.

Last Thursday i was throwing up so violently i passed out with only my two girls (8 & 5) home with me. They called ambulance and I ended up in hospital where they gave me Zofran. At that point benefits out way the risk so as soon as I'm discharged I fill my script. Felt much better this weekend, yesterday felt a little worse, today even worse. I think the Zofran efficacy is wearing off and i want to cry!!!! I just want to feel better!!!!

*In addition * Hospital visit showed SCH under placenta and a cyst in uterus. Ugh!!!!
  • @pregnant_af I'm so sorry! That's a lot to go through in the first tri. Were your symptoms any better in your second tri with your previous pregnancy? Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel? Make sure you are taking good care of yourself!
  • Loading the player...
  • CANTW82BMOM @scatteringashes
    I just taught a little girl named Miles. Really cute name. 
    First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • @pregnant_af that is terrible and I hope you get relief soon. 
  • I had a bloody nose for an hour and a half today. IWe went up north, and I get them anyways, but it was so bad. And then my mom kept scaring me saying I was going to need to go to ER and get it taken care of...
  • My PGAL brain is going insane. I had a pap on Tuesday and have been seen small amounts of light pink blood since. The nurse warned me it could be possible, but ugh I do not like it. I literally broke down crying yesterday out of fear, despite knowing it is most likely due to the pap. Pregnancy hormones suck.  :s
  • Okay...RLP is getting serious now. The nausea comes and goes but I'm in constant annoyance with this pulling and tugging crap. And yesterday we had Mexican and after about 20 mins of digesting, one of them was pretty P.O.'d about the choice to have it. I swear my belly was split down the center. One side was happy, the other not so much. And I can't describe it, it was weird and funny at the same time. Moms of Twins: is that a thing or was I imagining it?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How is pregnancy treating you? Like a redheaded step-child -__-

3 days of nothing staying down then 2 days of nausea but no puking. Dinner tonight was hamburger helper just something quick amd halfway through my bowl BAM it all come back. Uuuugh can I just eat pleeeeease?
  • Has anyone found the secret for the evening bloat? My stomach is like a balloon every evening and it's uncomfortable. I am starting to feel a bit better so I have been walking in the evenings for some relief. Also the walking is to combat the flab that I've been packing on in the past 8 weeks from my carbs only diet.
  • Anyone having problems sleeping with their arm? OK, I realize as I wrote that it sounds really weird. Im a side sleeper and my arm is always in the way. I already get carpal tunnel at night. But now I feel like its worse. I like to sleep with my arm under my pillow but I try not to because that makes it worse. If I put my arm behind me when Im laying on my side I wake up with my whole arm and shoulder in terrible pain. Its like my shoulder is always in the way too. Its not like I can just do away with my arm :/ 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @trudytudy the evening bloat was killing me the past few weeks. I had read that drinking lots of water helps-but I was already doing that. I gave in to the Gas-X and that helped a ton. I only took it for 3 days and haven't needed it since. Could just be that things are regulating in there too.
  • @livingoffpbjs yes!! This had been an issue every night and continues to get worse each night...and my bff pregnancy pillow is not helping that part of my sleep issues.
  • @livingoffpbjs I've had this problem too! Haha and I have no idea how to remedy it,  but if you figure something out let us know please! :smile:
  • @pregnant_af I'm so sorry, I hope you start feeling better ASAP.

@darkrose88 spotting is so damn awful, I can't even imagine how much worse with PGAL brain.  I hope it ceases soon.

@gusgus14 do you see a chiropractor? I hope I don't end up sounding like an evangelist by the end of this pregnancy, but mine helped me SO much with hip pain during my last pregnancy, it was truly a game changer!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @KatieEl - I don't! I know this is crazy but I have a giant (irrational) fear of chiropractors. 
  • @gusgus14 I know they can have kind of a reputation, but if you can find one trained in the Webster technique it really was amazing!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • SarckSarck member
    Is it wrong that I'm so excited to vent (and especially to peeps who know what I'm going through?) I'm 10w+2 so I haven't disclosed at work yet. And it's so hard because I'm so nauseous, tired and cranky all the time. And have strong aversions to food and smells. I throw up and dry heave sometimes, and those days, I generally feel better. I know I've lost a little weight and am not eating as healthy as I should be for LO. So I feel guilty too. I've got it all
  • Last night I had my first real legit RLP.  All I wanted was a warm compress or a nice bath, I got neither and suffered through until I fell asleep, hoping to skip any repeat tonight.
  • Had a mini-freak out early this morning...ugh. I accidently fell asleep on an older couch (aka the cushions aren't as bouncy/supportive as they used to be) while watching a movie after DH went to bed early (he's working a 48 hour shift today/tomorrow.) I woke up around 3 or 4 with major stomach pain and RLP also with a feeling that I needed to used the bathroom. Was so worried that something was wrong.......and I soon realized that it was a combo of sleeping in a bad position and gas! :lol: I had almost been at the point of waking up DH to have him call my doc or take me to the ER, and it was all gas...oy, that would've been embarrassing! Once I got into bed, I felt 110% better, but sheesh...wasn't a fun way to wake up...! :anguished:

Running some errands today and will be stocking up on Gas-X...haha.
  • I've started feeling some flutters in the past few days. I'm 13 weeks. It's such a weird feeling. I guess it could be gas but I think it might be some movements. it mostly happens in the evening.
  • The gas is awful, and like many of you ladies it's worse in the evening:( I think it's what is causing me to wake up in the middle of the night. 
  • My feet!  They don't look like sausages, but they *feel* like sausages.  And they do look a little swollen.  But it's the sensation, it's miserable.  Trying to find ways to elevate them at my desk at work.

Lots of RLP, but it's been happening for a while with me.  Last night, I was only able to settle it by lying on my back... but I can feel that lying on my back will become uncomfortable (and not a good idea) real soon.  It was like, lying on my side, my belly fell to the side a little, and caused the RLP.  I'm going to get a giant body pillow to wrap around me this weekend.

Nausea is still here.  Maaaaaybe a little better in the morning.  But still feeling too much ick at night.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• @madcouplewithabox- same here! I didn't really have gas with my other two DDs. I woke up last night with the worst gas pain. No fun!
  • It's kinda funny...but this is my second pregnancy, and both this time and with my first, RLP was literally my first sign I was pregnant. This pregnancy when I started feeling it, I was shocked and in disbelief, but I kept having the pains so I finally tested and bam: Positive.  I started getting the RLP about a week before I got my BFP both times and it never went away until the baby came. It's worst when I sneeze or cough, or stand up too quickly. My advice is just to try and move slowly and take your time doing things. Although that's probably obvious advice lol
  • Does anyone think RLP feels like having an ovarian cyst?  I have the worst ache/pain on my lower right side and initially I thought it was constipation but since I took care of that business this morning and still have the pain I am leaning towards RLP.  Had my NT scan today and my ovaries looked fine so not that either.  What does everyone do for the pain?  I was so nauseated and shaking from the pain this morning  :'(
  • I think I'm having RLP... glad to see it's pretty common at this point. It feels like I pulled a muscle on the left side of my uterus and behind my pubic bone. It is a very different sensation than cramping so I'm trying not to worry too much. Wish it would go away though! 
  • @egirl1025 I've had incredibly painful ovarian cysts in my life, and RLP does not remind me of that. RLP literally feels like a too-tight muscle or some other tissue pulling in the sides of my belly, down to the groin. It's not the build-up of pressure that reminds me of extreme constipation (how ovarian cyst pain starts for me). RLP can throb, and become quite painful if I can't find the right position (like, I can't stand up), but it's not pressure.

That's my experience, at least. Tightness and pulling, not pressure. I have also had bad constipation, and I know it can be really awful for some of us (plus bloating, gas, etc).  Progesterone slows your digestive tract way down. Have you tried prune juice and lots of fiber-rich food, to make sure everything is really moving along? If you're feeling nausea from the pain (as opposed to nausea for the sake of nausea, as I am), maybe it's worth talking to your doctor?
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• sdg005sdg005 member
    edited July 2017
    Yup to the congestion.
  • I'm trying to be chill and laid back, I know brown spotting is old blood and NBD....but I've been spotting off-and-on for 5 weeks now (with an ultrasound and a Doppler check in there too, all fine), and I'm losing my damn mind!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • I would be losing mine too, @KatieEl! Hang in there.
  • @KatieEl big deep breaths, you got this. 

First timer! 
  • I've been having what I think is RLP tonight. A very odd sensation for this newbie. Also, really itchy skin and so thirsty. Also....forever at one with my moodiness. 
    First timer! 
  • @KatieEl I'd also be anxious. Glad all is well from the US and Doppler. Hang in there!

@madcouplewithabox I also had gas earlier on tat was so painful it woke me up. Sometimes I was worried it was even uterine cramping because it was unlike anything I've experienced before. Hope it subsides for you! 

9 hour flight yesterday for me. I got up to pee 11 times (!!!!). So excited to be back in USA and safe to eat raw veggies. Ordered two salads to go last night, trying to get things moving. I always have issues when I travel internationally but man, I would pay a lot of money to really go to the bathroom today. Probably have to hit yoga to help things start, but I'm also jet lagged. Gah.

i haven't had any RLP yet - starting to get a little nervous that I'm not really seeing a bump or running into those types of symptoms that indicate growth. 

• @KatieEl hugs! Hopefully it subsides soon.
  • So nearly wee 17 now and every morning inwake up feeling as if i have a hangover. Once im out of bed i feel fine but right now im ready to go into hibernation! 
  • @saff2018 ugh! That hangover feeling is the worst! I had it around week 7-10 I think. Hopefully it gets better.