July 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms / Chit Chat 6/26 - 7/02

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms / Chit Chat 6/26 - 7/02

• egm2015egm2015 member
    edited June 2017
    @ljd2010--I used BabyLoggy with my twins in 2015 and plan on using it again
  • Loading the player...
  • @ljd2010 I used the Medela app but I only kept careful track for the first few days (a week max) before I was confident that she was eating and peeing enough.  

The hospital made me write it all down on paper last time until I was discharged.  I forgot to write down a feeding one time and they came in while I was asleep and gave her formula without telling me!  I'm not anti-formula at all but I was really mad that they didn't confirm with me first, grrr.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We use mammababy for an app and love it.  Super simple and it tracks diapers, feedings and sleep.  
  • Speaking of apps - which app is the best for contractions? I have an andrioid phone. (Sorry if this has already been discussed). I can't remember at this point.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Same question, but for iphone! TIA
  • Speaking of apps - which app is the best for contractions? I have an andrioid phone. (Sorry if this has already been discussed). I can't remember at this point.
    I have "Full Term" and I'm pretty sure it was free?  I have an iPhone but I think you can get it on both.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @BusyZee I've been using Baby Center for kick counts and it also comes with a contraction counter. 
  • I liked this one! @BusyZee

• Yes to family driving me crazy!!! My family isn't coming for the birth, but im getting fed up with constantly bracing asked how I'm feeling and if im still pregnant. I'm fine and yup, still pregnant. I know they mean well, but it's driving me crazy! 
    I have "Full Term" and I'm pretty sure it was free?  I have an iPhone but I think you can get it on both.
    Same! iPhone with "Full Term"
  • Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• For this mama who had tons of PPA, tracking everything was a necessity. I recommend BabyConnect. I tracked everything - when trying to establish supply and nursing, tracked every single session. Sleep or lack thereof? Tracked. Poop, pee, etc? Tracked. I was super forgetful during that time, too, so it was really helpful to be able to reference and be able to look at what's working and what's not. 

I already downloaded the app to my phone again after maybe 3 years of retiring it with my first, I can't wait to start using it. On the other hand, I'll know I'm a different person if I stop tracking! 
  • Thanks for all the app recommendations! My son had latching and weight gain problems, so I stuck to tracking pretty carefully and am preparing for a repeat. Maybe we'll have an easier time this go around, though!
    Same! iPhone with "Full Term"
    Same!
  • So I thought I'd post in randoms/ chit chat to come back into the conversation. I haven't been around since March but I'm just getting so frustrated that I thought I come back and see if you ladies could help me in any way even if it's telling me I'm insane. LOL! 

Since then so much has happened. I was diagnosed with GD and am now on 5mg Glyburide both morning and night. My numbers are still continuing to rise but my hormones are too(getting bad headaches and mood swings). Go twice weekly for NSTs and been at weekly appts since 32 weeks. Getting frustrated with the GD because I'm following my GD diet and making sure I'm up moving around alot just not too much to cause my feet to start swelling like with my first.

Did get to see little one at 34 weeks and now not sure what we're having because both ultrasounds this pregnancy I haven't seen a penis just the "sac" which could be swollen girl parts. My other 3 boys made sure I saw their penis. So we have decided to act like we don't know what we're having and surprise everyone at my c-section.

Luckily my blood pressure issues have fixed themselves and they are back down to normal for me(normally 90ish/60ish). At the same time though Anxiety has returned with a vengeance and I have panic attacks about every few days the last few weeks. Slowly starting to go away but stress isn't helping. 

My section has been scheduled for July 28th but not sure if I'm going to make it that far. Been having actual contractions for 2 weeks now but dilating at a VERY slow pace so they aren't doing anything about it. No water broken and they are adament my due date is still July 29th when I have said from the beginning I thought I was due at beginning of month(weird spotting at end of Oct that they are counting as last period). 

Ok so that was longer than I expected it to be. Go ahead and tell me I'm crazy lol. I can handle it.

I am glad to see the healthy babies that have been born. @SpongeWorthy so glad to hear your little fighter is doing well. 
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Omg i am dying looking at all the new babies!!!! My Mom is flying down tomorrow and I am scheduled to be induced on the 6th. He is welcome to come as soon as Grandma gets here though like... literally hahaha. And I am super looking forward to my heartburn going away. Large extra cheese pepperoni pizza here I come!
  • @lanie1000 I have never seen a happier, more serene looking newborn! Congratulations! 
  • @ladybray oh my goodness yes. I am going to stuff my face with all the sweets and greasy foods that make my life miserable right now!!! 

@michelle04us welcome back! I hope your GD and anxiety woes go away sooner rather than later... I'm so curious to see if you will go into labor based on your personally calculated due date! They didn't change mine from the date based on LMP even though I was tracking ovulation and know the day baby was conceived. Plus BOTH the dating ultrasound and the anatomy scan returned my date and not the LMP one. It's only a few days difference though, not like a whole month!
  • Dcwtada said:
    @lanie1000 I have never seen a happier, more serene looking newborn! Congratulations! 
    Was thinking the same! 
  • thanks @rjoys8   

4 weeks from today is my RCS so we will see how close or far off the actual birthday is.

• Ugh people are the worst. I went out to breakfast with my husband and son (almost two), and our waitress asked if the baby was a boy or girl. When I said it's a boy, she said, "oh you must have been a bad teenager to deserve that." Wtf? I didn't realize my second son is some kind of punishment? Rage!
  • Believe it or not I had a conversation with my dad yesterday and I'm the oldest child and he said that he got so many comments like "you must have mistreated women as a teen because you're having a girl first" uh WTF?
  • Believe it or not I had a conversation with my dad yesterday and I'm the oldest child and he said that he got so many comments like "you must have mistreated women as a teen because you're having a girl first" uh WTF?
    I've heard of that. A (now certified stupid) freind of my hubby asked us what we were having and then goes to my H "hmm that means you really aren't that bad..." 
    wtf. 
  • @Dcwtada @BusyZee thanks ladies! She's a calm baby (as long as it's not time for a diaper change or feeding.)

...but then again, it's only day 4. ;)  
  • @michelle04us how was your LO measuring at your scans?? Being a whole month off seems odd
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • its my intuition that says a month....because of just spotting in oct no actual period. My dating ultrasound didnt go like most(tech even said so) because of my severely tilted uterus. My A/S said a couple days ahead. My 34 week scan to check growth said a couple days ahead of schedule. Now I know GD babies tend to be bigger but all my babies have been small(full term babies only 6lbs 11oz) so it just seems weird to me. My previous 3 always measured a later date at scans. Probably not that far off just gut and symptoms starting so much sooner makes me think I am. Like I said, Im probably crazy thinking it.