Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
     due to previous issues.
***TW***
BFP: 11/4/2016
*TW*
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms / Chit Chat 6/26 - 7/02

• Options
    I am 37 weeks today and last night it hit me hard (not sure why) but I was having anxiety all night about how close I am and so now I am tired and dragging a$$ today :/  I ended up completely emptying out and redoing my hospital bag hoping that would help me calm down knowing that I have what I need ready to go.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I didn't sleep at all last night. I think I may have over-exerted myself while doing my registry completion at BRU. My legs ached all night, I tossed and turned all night, and I just couldn't get comfy. I woke up every hour and just couldn't get myself to fall asleep. Then I was wide awake when DH left for work at 5am. Today is going to be a very tired day. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No A/C in the office today. The girls around me are 'comfortable'. Grrrr. I know they freeze the place normally, but no air is not a solution!

Going to try some babywearing gear today. I could only find ONE store in the entire city that has weighted dolls and carriers to try on. How is this possible? It's a real schlepp too. Sorry for the gripe. Having a gross day (started with me spilling an entire bottle of Moroccan oil on a bunch of stuff while I was trying to get ready for work, yay).
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @cielaw89 - Sounds like RLS that I have been getting almost nightly lately. I found that sitting in a hot bath for 10 minutes takes care of it. Only consistent rememdy I have found. If you have trouble tonight, maybe try that if you can? I know it's not fun dealing with achy legs.

@hyperangel_8509 - HR at my work did that the other day too. I chalked it up to the fact that there are hundreds of employees that she's HR for so it is understandable that she may not remember off the top of her head. I know it's documented in the system but she just didn't remember at the moment.

@plumpous - Hopefully your day improved from its rough start and no AC

@NutellaToast - WTF lol. I haven't heard that one before. 
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @SaphireSweetie88 I've been the same way! I'm so anxious for him to arrive, and I can't seem to relax. I've unpacked and repacked my hospital bag several times, and will probably again today. I have this list of things I want to get done and am slowly getting through it. I'm probably driving my DH crazy, but this strange firm
    of nesting is the only thing keeping me sane by this point. 
  • Options
    Haha Use amazon if you need more @lph4248
  • Options
    cielaw89cielaw89 member
    edited June 2017
    @SaphireSweetie88 thanks for the recommendation! Thankfully last night I slept like a baby without having any leg issues. I truly think I just overworked my body the other day when I went shopping, plus it had hit triple digits where we live too, so the combination of walking around for 2+ hours and 100+ degree weather did a number on my legs and body. If it happens again, I'll definitely try out the sitting in a hot bath. 

Here is another random: I got a call from Edgepark saying that my Medela breast pump order could not be processed due to insurance. I looked at my insurance again and now Kaiser is only offering Ameda breast pumps through their coverage. They used to offer Medela AND Ameda. Reading through the breast pump thread again and looking at reviews online has me weary about going through Kaiser to get a free Ameda pump. Now I have to figure out how/if I can apply my insurance coverage to a store bought breast pump. 
  • Options
    @cielaw89 I wonder if your insurance would be willing to reimburse you for the cost of the Ameda pump, assuming this is a cost issue for them?  That way you'd only end up paying the difference in price if you buy the Medela.  I'm sure that may be more of a hassle but it's worth a try.

That being said, as much as I love my Medela pump, I have friends who have been very happy with their Ameda pumps so maybe you'd like it too!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @cielaw89 - that really sucks!
    This probably isn't an ethically right thing to do, but if you can't use your insurance through the store, could you get the Ameda, not open it, and try to sell it? Then use that money to help buy the Medela. 

Also - hot baths are amazing. Just do it. I take at least one a day. It's so relaxing and helps my back feel a little better. 
  • Options
    @OperaSingerMommy @ginger1228 I'll have to call my member services and see what they say. Half the time I talk to them, they have no idea what I'm talking about and I get transferred all over the place lol. I do know that Kaiser doesn't allow you to order through their supplier until after baby is born, so that also maybe an underlying issue on top of the brand. 

If I can get the cash value for the Ameda and apply it in store for the Medela or another brand, it would really help, especially because I have gift cards to certain stores that I can also use to bring the price down. 

But like you said @OperaSingerMommy maybe I would like the Ameda. I just don't know lol. 
  • Options
    @cielaw89 I know the pumps thread makes it sound awful, but I loved my Ameda last time, and opted to get another one this time, even though I had the choice of several different pumps.  I had NO problems with it, so even if you end up with that one, it's a great pump.  I'm not sure why people liked the Medela over the Ameda, but I found that the pump adjustment was great, and I never wished it had more suction.  I did also like that it was all the same parts when I chose to hand pump.
  • Options
    nktrodden826nktrodden826 member
    edited June 2017
    @cielaw89 I know the pumps thread makes it sound awful, but I loved my Ameda last time, and opted to get another one this time, even though I had the choice of several different pumps.  I had NO problems with it, so even if you end up with that one, it's a great pump.  I'm not sure why people liked the Medela over the Ameda, but I found that the pump adjustment was great, and I never wished it had more suction.  I did also like that it was all the same parts when I chose to hand pump.
    Agreed
  • Options
    A plus is that you've never used a Medela so you have nothing to compare the Ameda to so you might like it just fine! 
    I'm a FTM so I've never used a pump either. Sometimes it's good to not know what you're missing! (And that's of course only if the Medela really is "better.")
  • Options
    @RubyRedPirate - That sounds frustrating. I am getting the opposite from my mom. She's telling me to keep the baby in and to not do things around the apartment that could cause labor because she doesn't want me to go into labor before DH & I close on our house. Ummm I am pretty sure that if I were in labor / the hospital the date of the closing, the sellers would be perfectly okay waiting a day or two lol. I know there's even a clause in the contract about birth, death, divorce, etc so yeah I'm covered. 
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @cielaw89 I actually really liked my Ameda Purely Yours! I used that and a medela freestyle, and the parts never leaked (unlike with my medela). By the end of my 10ish months EPing, I came to prefer the Ameda. 

Very on the fence with the depends! The mesh underwear gave me a bit of a rash last time, so maybe it's worth a shot!
  • Options
    I never used padsicles, depends, or mesh underwear last time. Just huge regular overnight pads from the hospital. 
  • Options
    I used the mesh undies with the large size overnight period pads and some kind of soothing cream I got at the hospital because I had an episiotomy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I feel like much stranger things happen at Walmart than someone buying Depends, haha. 
    And there's a whole website to prove it lol
    #peopleofwalmart 
    I've also legitimately heard of Walmart Bingo haha! 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    I never used padsicles, depends, or mesh underwear last time. Just huge regular overnight pads from the hospital. 
    This. 
    Lilypie - (FR0w)
  • Options
    @AdaByron that sounds so good. I'm still on liquid diet. I did get orange juice tho and it was sooo good.
  • Options
    What feeding/diaper apps have people used and liked? Last time around, my husband and I used a printed chart from the hospital and filled in when I pumped/nursed and when LO had wet/poopy diapers, but I'm hoping to move on to the 21st century this time and use an app! 
  • Options
    I am over work! Not due for 12 days but am ready to be done with work. Everyday I am hoping I will go into labor and it will be my last day! 
  • Options
    I'm with all of you who are done with work! And my job is easy and fairly stress free - plus I work at home. I feel like I have senior-itis! I just want to be off.
  • Options
    @ljd2010 I used this app but I was nursing and changing so many diapers I'd forget to input them all. So it didn't even last a week but it was helpful when I remembered to use it 
  • Options
    ^ I think that's the app I attempted to use too. I quit after a week or so. This reminded me to re download a contraction timer! That was more helpful for me. 
  • Options
    I don't think I kept track of any of it after the 2 week appt...just used the paper so I could give it to the pediatrician, and then stopped afterwards.