August 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Random 6/26

13»

Re: Weekly Random 6/26

• Options
    Thanks @SouthernMama15. I kinda figured as much. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @Kathryn0903 when I did my preregistration paperwork there was a form that was all about this stuff. When I filled it out, I asked the nurse if I could change my answer later on and she said they always confirm with the mother before it's done. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 We were Team Green each time and I have 2 boys.  We discussed the bris with my OB before delivery and it was noted in my chart.  I'm pretty sure it was also part of my hospital paperwork and I know that was something that they confirmed again with me after each one was born.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    britvahokbritvahok member
    edited July 2017
    @Kathryn0903 Yes, I had to sign and for the circumcision. After delivery the only time my son left the room was when he was circumcised and when they had to put him on a warmer in the nursery.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @Kathryn0903 @MetsGirl18 am I being a bad Jew if I circumcise at the hospital? I don't really have people in Texas to come to a bris. 
  • Options
    @tova24 not at all. I almost went the hospital circumcision route myself. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @tova24 Definitely not.  I'd prefer the hospital route, more because even being in another room in my house during the ceremony still isn't far enough away for my personal preference, but I know my family wouldn't be happy about it happening in the hospital.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Can someone explain a bris to me? I've never heard of it (I'm not Jewish) and want to be culturally educated!
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    @mrsmatt1212 it's a welcoming ceremony to a baby boy in the Jewish community. At 8 days old, family and friends gather at your house and the baby boy is circumcised. This ceremony also is when the parents tell their family and friends what the little boy's Hebrew name is. Up until this point it has been kept a secret. 
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 @tova24 fascinating! Like @MetsGirl18 I don't think I could be far enough away, even in a hospital! I'm glad we're having a girl because even though we'd definitely circumcise, I could not handle being there for it! That's all on DH. (Also, reading that article @Kathryn0903, the part about oral suction had me like  :o)
  • Options
    Boy mamas who are having the circumcision done in the hospital, they took DS to the nursery and did it. I showered while they took him. When they brought him back he wasn't crying or anything.

For aftercare, when we changed him we were told to apply Vaseline and a little tent of nonstick gauze. The hospital gave us some, but we needed more so that might be something to stock up on. The squeeze tubes of Vaseline work best as you can just squeeze it on and not get it all over your hands. We cut the gauze pads in half so each one was good for 2 uses.
  • Options
    I don't want my baby circumcised, so it's nice to hear that they double check with parents.
    Pregnancy Ticker