December 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest 06/26

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest 06/26

• Options
    NME44NME44 member
    djd0404 said:
    Okay, I'm just going to plop this rant here because I can't stand my coworkers but I need to vent.

I've finally broken down and admitted that I need a new cell phone (my Galaxy gets zero service while I'm at work, is acting super wonky, and is dying about 3 times/day). After spending ungodly amounts of money on one disappointing phone after another, I'm coming to the realization that the only phone I've never heard complaints about is the iphone.

Now let me state for the record that I'm a die-hard Android girl, the only i-thing I've ever owned was an iPod, but I honestly believe iTunes is the frigging devil and the whole Apple business model is The Worst.

This is really upsetting me. I hate the cluttered look of the iphone home screen and the fact that I'll have to re-download all my apps because I'm losing the Google Play store/history. I don't know what I'm going to be able to sync and what I'm not. I don't understand storage without a micro-SD card. Not to mention the fortune I'm about to pay for a stupid little device when I have a baby on the way. 

This is such a "first-world problem" but it's really pissing me off and my meditation music isn't making it better. Any Droid-to-iPhone converts who can make me feel better?
    The iPhone is really the only one I've had that doesn't have issues all the time. I'm an ex-android convert.
  • Options
    @djd0404 Girl! Don't convert! Get a Google Pixel!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ahh, I hit post too soon... 

I've been an iPhone girl for YEARS. For many many generations. I switched to a Pixel when they came out and it was the best decision I've EVER made. I absolutely love it and you don't have to say bye to Google Play! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @djd0404 I used an android OS (some LG thing) in the early days of smartphones until 2012 when I got my first iPhone.  It was magical.  To me, Apple products are SO idiot-proof that it makes for a much more pleasant user experience.  The worst thing that ever happens is that you run out of storage or the screen freezes or the home button stops working (which there is a workaround for).  I recently had to get a Galaxy for work, and I loathe everything about it. It makes my eyes angry.  
  • Options
    Ahh, I hit post too soon... 

I've been an iPhone girl for YEARS. For many many generations. I switched to a Pixel when they came out and it was the best decision I've EVER made. I absolutely love it and you don't have to say bye to Google Play! 
    I just looked at the reviews for the Pixel and they're truly impressive. Problem is that I have T-Mobile, so I'd have to buy the phone from Google or Best Buy (where it's $750). Groupon doesn't have any refurbs, and on ebay they're at least $400. Now I'm bummed, this looks like an amazing phone! I'll keep my eye on the pricetag, and once I see it drop (probably once they release a Pixel 2), I'll most likely scoop one up. Thanks so much for the heads-up!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    elcd458 said:
    @djd0404 I used an android OS (some LG thing) in the early days of smartphones until 2012 when I got my first iPhone.  It was magical.  To me, Apple products are SO idiot-proof that it makes for a much more pleasant user experience.  The worst thing that ever happens is that you run out of storage or the screen freezes or the home button stops working (which there is a workaround for).  I recently had to get a Galaxy for work, and I loathe everything about it. It makes my eyes angry.  
    I really expected to love the Galaxy, I'm so disappointed that it's a disaster. I know the iphone must be pretty user-friendly since both my parents have one and they actually like them. I don't love the idea of running out of storage... I tend to max out my memory on apps, which is why the SD card is a nice feature for me. I'm nervous, but it's time to be a big girl about this.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @rainbowdashh Crap; I didn't even realize B12 injections were on backorder! Hopefully it'll be short-lived, or I'll have a few super angry people to deal with. I'd just call around and find some in stock elsewhere. It's really not all that much out of pocket! Also, I know my product is short-dated right now (expiration date of only 6-7 months out) but when it comes back in you can just pay out of pocket for like 12 at a time so you wouldn't have to think about it again for months. 

I missed your news. You had an amnio done, correct? Don't share if you don't feel comfortable, but I've been thinking about you and hoping for a good update. 

• Options
    cait5413cait5413 member
    edited June 2017
    @djd0404 I would be so upset if I had to get an iphone. DH just replaced his galaxy with the LG g6 (about $200 cheaper on our carrier) and he really likes it. I'll probably replace mine too.

Eta: we're on tmobile too! I so wish they carried the Pixel 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    NME44NME44 member
    @Jellybelly119, I was kind of wondering if, when she did finally get them, if she could hoard a few for after baby is born in case there's a problem then too...6 - 7 month expiration doesn't sound too shabby, but I suppose the dose would be different.
  • Options
    NME44 said:
    @Jellybelly119, I was kind of wondering if, when she did finally get them, if she could hoard a few for after baby is born in case there's a problem then too...6 - 7 month expiration doesn't sound too shabby, but I suppose the dose would be different.
    They only come in 1mL or 10mL vials in one concentration so they can be hoarded for sure! (They may come larger-I can't remember.) They do have a problem with these every so often; I think they come from only 2 manufacturers which causes supply issues from time to time! I'd absolutely stock up and just rotate out the dates so you don't waste any @rainbowdashh
  • Options
    @Jellybelly119 that's so reassuring! I wasn't sure how long it would last if I decided to just stockpile. I'm taking the same dose baby will take so it'll all work out! 

I had cvs and we we found out 2 weeks ago that baby also has MMA (methylmalonic acidemia). The outlook is better because I can start b12 and because he can have b12 immediately, but I'm scared and overwhelmed. Just hoping for the best! Thank you!
  • Options
    @rainbowdashh Obviously my "not that much out of pocket" comment is relative, but I want to say it's $9ish for a 1mL bottle. 

Is MMA something you have, or is that what your son had? Either way, I know it's scary news and not at all what you were hoping for, but I'm so glad there's something they can do right away to help him! Still keeping you guys in my thoughts <3
  • Options
    @Jellybelly119 that's definitely much less than I was imagining!

MMA is what my son had. My husband and I are both carriers. We had a 75% chance of having everything be fine, but here we are  :/ I appreciate it! 
  • Options
    @djd0404 I could be wrong, but I think Google might have a financing option for the Pixel. DH works at Verizon and I feel like he said something about that, for people who don't have Verizon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I also have the Google Pixel and love it. If you're not in contact consider switching to Google Fi. We just did the switch from Verizon, it is cheaper than what we were paying and their customer service is awesome. Really good coverage too.