December 2017 Moms

Re: Monday Bitchfest 06/26

• Loading the player...
  • @flowerpower5838 That's ridiculous. I'd call someone today! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kyrwynkyrwyn member
    @flowerpower5838 I second @vvitchhazel 's "that's ridiculous".  I'd also call someone today.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My DD has a double ear infection and has been running fever since Friday. We just changed her antibiotic, and now she has a slight rash so she's on zyrtec, too. She is fed up with taking meds and screams and fights me every time. Mama is tired. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • @cait5413 Tired mama here too. Teething had me up all night with DD. We FINALLY got her to take Motrin within the last week. She has fought it for so long, but it turns out she just hated the berry flavor and she's totally cool with grape. Then she was up for the day at 5 and she's just been a pistol. She's just started to show her anger and frustration when we don't understand her and it's kind of funny, but super stressful. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Soo a few months ago we hired a company to install pavers at our house. The driveway, front walkway/porch, and back patio were all getting done. A $10,000 job. The business is owned by my coworkers husbands family which is why I used them. Well to make a long story short, we had multiple issues with job, including a broken AC unit that cost $500 to fix and my coworkers husband REFUSED to cover it. He basically implied we were lying to get him to pay for it. Fucking insulting. My experience with him was one of the worst cases of shitty customer service that I have ever encountered. We decided to pay our remaining balance in full today and not to pursue it anymore only out of respect for my coworker. So I sent the husband a long, scathing, email detailing every reason why I was unhappy with him. I let him know that it was not the workers fault, but entirely his fault, and we would never recommend him to anyone. I let him know he was lucky I was only sending an email and not doing anything further. I am so pissed. I sincerely hope he doesn't reply to my email, because he is known to be quite the dick apparently.
    Me: 30 DH: 28
    Married: Nov 2015

Team Pink!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @thatlauragirl My concern is that that that cup may no longer be sterile... was it still in its bag when your little one had it? You may want to let the Dr. know it was handled!

This site is super slow for me when I'm on my computer at home, pretty sure part of it is that stupid video ad it keeps loading. Grrr!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Ok so I re-read the email I sent to my coworks husband (see my post above) and I'm like ...daaaamnnn that was a little harsh. lol! Don't get me wrong, he deserved it, but I normally avoid confrontation and making people feel bad. I guess the moral of the story is don't make a pregnant woman mad!
    Me: 30 DH: 28
    Married: Nov 2015

Team Pink!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • djd0404 said:
    @thatlauragirl My concern is that that that cup may no longer be sterile... was it still in its bag when your little one had it? You may want to let the Dr. know it was handled!

This site is super slow for me when I'm on my computer at home, pretty sure part of it is that stupid video ad it keeps loading. Grrr!
    Emerg nurse here! 24 hour urine collection is inherently not sterile just because of the fact that you're continuously adding to it through the day. Should be fine!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • kyrwynkyrwyn member
    My MBF is that I find registering totally effing overwhelming.  I cannot imagine a baby requires all of these "essentials" and my house is not big enough for all for all of it anyway.  But my family wants a fully filled registry to choose from -- and wants it yesterday if at all possible kthnx. 

I'm starting to find recommendations that better mesh with our lifestyle in slightly "crunchy" parenting circles.  Which is giving me hope.  And perhaps giving DH and I a clue as to what may work better for us as first time parents.  

On the upside, I think we found a baby carrier we like.  We loaded up a roughly baby-sized purse I have with random stuff until it weighed 12+ lbs (ran out of space after that) and brought it with us to buy buy baby to use as a "fake kid" to get a sense of how it might feel with something heavier than air in it.  DH and I actually agreed on a make/model despite our drastically different frames.  We also used this to sort of field test how heavy infant carriers + infant would feel.  We got a lot of weird looks at the store, until another family wanted to borrow our fake baby to see how heavy their 1st-choice carrier would feel. (Vindicated.)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kyrwynkyrwyn member
    @kvacmak I cannot even imagine how irritating that must be. My mom is super helpful (if really pushy) and she's been driving me bonkers lately.

@cait5413 I hope your little one starts feeling better soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Another MBF... The new thread about alcohol. Um... 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @vvitchhazel  I hope my comment shuts it down. It's not science, it is bullshit intended to make women feel bad.  
  • It's in the upper 90's with a high of 102 today where I'm visiting in Washington (state). My mom's house doesn't have central air. I'm missing the slightly cooler weather this week back at home (Central Texas) and pretty much just swelling and miserable. Thankfully my DH spotted a window unit in our closet and set it up, so at least my room is cooler, but I'm missing family stuff being stuck in here. 
  • mdcd44127mdcd44127 member
    edited June 2017
    @kvacmak That makes sense! I get so paranoid over sterility because I tend to grab sample cups at the top (gripping the inside of the lip with my thumb) and then get all paranoid that I've compromised the sample.

ETA: I've never heard of a 24-hour urine sample before. It sounds... delightful.
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker

• breezybeebreezybee member
    edited June 2017
    No way @kvacmak. I would yell at my mom and tell her if she can't clean up after herself, then she can't stay with me. Really the only thing that annoys me about this is the diaper and wipes being left out and open on the floor. No. Ma'am. 
    Hang in there, dude!
  • @kyrwyn Thanks! We discovered she is allergic to the new antibiotic and was pretty itchy even on zyrtec, so now she's getting antibiotic shots instead. At least it wasn't a worse reaction. Fingers crossed tomorrow is a better day. We didn't get too much registry pressure with DD, but we did with our wedding. DH's parents kept telling us to register for more expensive stuff! Just remember you can put everything you need on there--diapers, wipes, clothes (bigger sizes, too), furniture for the nursery, carseats (a bucket-style and a convertible--the bucket seat (one you can carry in and out of the car) is only good up to one year, so you might as well get the convertible, too, if you've got people clamoring to buy you gifts), a baby carrier, a stroller, playmat, pack n play, books, towels, etc.) And you have time to do it little by little--it does not all need to be done now, despite what people may be telling you! AND you can usually return things, so even if you have to put more on there than you really want, bring it back and get diapers!

@kater622 We bought a house and renovated it when I was pregnant with DD. Both the loan officer and our contractors got screaming/crying calls from me when things went wrong. I also broke down in tears and kicked a plumber out of our house because he was being an @$$. Don't mess with the pregnant lady!

@vvitchhazel DD is teething, too, on top of everything else. I can't really tell how much that is contributing to the situation because I know everything else is making her miserable, but UGH. I am ready for this week to be over already. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
  • I'm just a grump these days. Getting the baby's diagnosis was hard and I've pretty much hid away the last week and a half but that's not helpful. I need to start B12 injections as a sort of "let's hope it crosses the placenta and helps" sort of thing and the pharmacy says it's back ordered. Ummm okay. That's fine for me, but when baby is here he needs B12 injections everyday! There's no skipping it. So what happens if it's back ordered in December?!

• I'm just a grump these days. Getting the baby's diagnosis was hard and I've pretty much hid away the last week and a half but that's not helpful. I need to start B12 injections as a sort of "let's hope it crosses the placenta and helps" sort of thing and the pharmacy says it's back ordered. Ummm okay. That's fine for me, but when baby is here he needs B12 injections everyday! There's no skipping it. So what happens if it's back ordered in December?!

I think I missed the diagnosis, but could you try another pharmacy? And let your pharmacy know you'll definitely need X amount in December? That way they could order extra when the backorder comes in. Don't we have a pharmacist on the board? Maybe she would have some advice!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
  • @kyrwyn I'm a 4TM and i can tell you that you most definitely do NOT need all those baby "essentials"... half of the merchandise inside big box baby stores are totally unnecessary and frankly just make life more overwhelming. It's all just marketing, convincing mom's they must have all this crap to take care of their baby.
    I'm buying a super nice pack-n-play with the changing table insert, and bam, I've got a crib and changing station all in one. I'm buying a convertible car seat, and that eliminates the "need" for the car seat carrier (which is only used for the first year, and most mom's end up using it for a shorter time if their baby grows faster/bigger)
    My point is, don't rely on the lists of "must haves", it's all crap just trying to get you to buy more.
  • @rainbowdashh  maybe @Jellybelly119  can weigh in?

i don't know the situation where you live but i also have a prescription that cannot wait on backorder. i often have to call up multiple pharmacies to check their stock. some never have enough of anything and some are on point. you can also work with the mail order pharmacy that is run by your insurance (if you have one of the big insurance companies for your medical coverage). 

i know this is super stressful for you guys. i hope you can get it figured out soon. 

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @eazybreezy225 is right, but I will say I went back and forth when pregnant with DD about whether to get the bucket carseat as well as the convertible. I am SO glad I did. It's so much easier to carry her inside (especially if sleeping). It also clicks into our stroller, which was great when she was little because if you don't have one, you need a bassinet-style stroller (or get by with babywearing, which is also great, but not something I did right away due to having a c-section. DH did, though). One note: if she is sleeping in the carseat and you bring it inside, you should keep baby in view or click it into your stroller to let her sleep. In the car and in the stroller it is in a safe position for sleeping; if you just set it down, baby's head could flop forward and cut off the airway. I thought it was pretty useless to have for less than a year, but DD is nearly 11 months and still uses hers (she was 90th percentile for height when she was born, but it's mostly long legs) and it has been worth it for us. We did not buy a second base and use the convertible in DH's car. We also knew we were going to try to have kids close together, so we'll use it again before it expires. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
  • The movers promised our stuff would be in our new place on Tues june27. Now they say July 11. We move in July 1. And they charged us 300 extra dollars. 

Lol so angry 
  • @jackiesmom324 That's a huge difference! They should also be your TW Tuesday. They really suck and I would be pissed too. 
  • The movers promised our stuff would be in our new place on Tues june27. Now they say July 11. We move in July 1. And they charged us 300 extra dollars. 

Lol so angry 
    This happened to a friend of mine when she moved from Nashville to NYC. I think with enough bitching she was able to get a little money back. Movers suck. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
  • Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattt???!!!!!!!! @jackiesmom324 How are they justifying this BS?
  • @cait5413 @anewadventure they said it's back ordered from the manufacturer! I have Kaiser so I have to use their pharmacy. I'm going to talk with our metabolic doctor and ask if this is uncommon or something that I should expect to happen and what I can do about it. Maybe I can go outside of kaiser depending on how much it'll cost.
  • @rainbowdashh i forgot you were kaiser. ugh. do they have a customer service line that is actually helpful? 

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @anewadventure The metabolic department is very helpful, so I know that even though they're busy, they'll get back to me within a day or so. I'm calling after lunch. I have a love/hate relationship with Kaiser. Some things are so convenient and others are a headache. 
  • NME44NME44 member
    My neighbors are having work done on their yard and the workers have been lounging in my yard for almost an hour (that I know of. I was out this morning.) I'm trying not to be a bitch, but dude, get off my lawn.
  • That would annoy the shit out of me @NME44

• NME44NME44 member
    breezybee said:
    That would annoy the shit out of me @NME44

After an hour I asked them kindly to hang out somewhere else. 
  • Ok good. I would not have been so nice lol
  • NME44NME44 member
    Lol, @breezybee, in my head I was not, but didn't see the need to let it out unless they didn't listen to me.

i grew up on 7 acres of land. All of our neighbors were friendly, but no one was just hanging out in our yard. I'm so not used to this community living and it's taking a lot of effort for me to fit in. I very much value my privacy and it just feels invasive. 

My husband, on the other hand, grew up in exactly this environment. So sometimes he thinks I'm overreacting. 
  • Okay, I'm just going to plop this rant here because I can't stand my coworkers but I need to vent.

I've finally broken down and admitted that I need a new cell phone (my Galaxy gets zero service while I'm at work, is acting super wonky, and is dying about 3 times/day). After spending ungodly amounts of money on one disappointing phone after another, I'm coming to the realization that the only phone I've never heard complaints about is the iphone.

Now let me state for the record that I'm a die-hard Android girl, the only i-thing I've ever owned was an iPod, but I honestly believe iTunes is the frigging devil and the whole Apple business model is The Worst.

This is really upsetting me. I hate the cluttered look of the iphone home screen and the fact that I'll have to re-download all my apps because I'm losing the Google Play store/history. I don't know what I'm going to be able to sync and what I'm not. I don't understand storage without a micro-SD card. Not to mention the fortune I'm about to pay for a stupid little device when I have a baby on the way. 

This is such a "first-world problem" but it's really pissing me off and my meditation music isn't making it better. Any Droid-to-iPhone converts who can make me feel better?
    TTC #1 since 12/2015
    BFP 4/4/17, EDD 12/4/17

Pregnancy Ticker