November 2017 Moms
Options

Monday B-Fest 6/26

2»

Re: Monday B-Fest 6/26

• Options
    I HATE when people do that @kwaldy
  • Options
    @kwaldy SO ANNOYING. There was no where to go on the tpike btw. These fools acting like I can move. This is what we got get off my balls.
    November 2017 July Summer Fails

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    car1a said:
    People tailgating on the turnpike can you not. 
    Lol I read this to mean tailgating = what you do with friends before a football game. I pictured people drinking beers under pop up tents on the side of the highway 
    That's what I saw in my head when I read it too! I love me a good tailgate.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @kwaldy or when there is an accident and they drive on the side to get to the next exit. Which could block the path of the emergency vehicles!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kwaldykwaldy member
    @liz4382 ugh! My husband is an emergency responder and that's one thing that seriously irks my nerves. It puts him at risk & prevents him from doing his job. Ugh why are people such jerks??
  • Options
    bklynchicabklynchica member
    edited June 2017
    @DuchessOfCambridge do you buy special nitrate free hot dogs, and if so, which ones? 

Two weeks ago I was reading about how the original Feltman's of Coney Island reopened (Nathan's was founded by a Feltman's employee) and craved hot dogs. Then remembered I'm not supposed to eat them. Then read that Feltmans are nitrate free! We went to Coney Island that day. So good!
  • Options
    @bklynchica We use Applegate hot dogs! Nitrate free and pretty tasty! I like the regular beef ones, but my kids will only eat the turkey ones.

• Options
    Ooh, I buy Applegate sausages but haven't noticed the hot dogs. Will have to look for upcoming bbq's.
  • Options
    Ooh, I buy Applegate sausages but haven't noticed the hot dogs. Will have to look for upcoming bbq's.
    If you ever want chicken nuggets, the Applegate Farms gluten-free chicken nuggets are the best ever. Has to be the gluten free ones though - the normal one's breading isn't as flavorful.

• Options
    @bklynchica @kissthesky32 +1 to Applegate hot dogs! Currently have two packs in my freezer. We're going to a bday cookout tonight, a BBQ on the fourth, and doing a BabyQ for our gender reveal next Saturday. All the hot dogs! None of the carcinogens being blasted at my baby!

• Options
    car1acar1a member
    If you ever want chicken nuggets, the Applegate Farms gluten-free chicken nuggets are the best ever. Has to be the gluten free ones though - the normal one's breading isn't as flavorful. 
    Just ate these yesterday! Even with the gluten free the breading is a bit unusual but I did microwave instead of using the oven so that probably contributed.
    ~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~
  • Options
    @bklynchica Another vote for Applegate. Also, pretty much any organic brand (or any brand WholeFoods sells) will be nitrate free. Nitrates give me migraines sometimes, so that's why we tend to go to WF for bacon, sausages, and hot dogs. It makes it easier to shop.
  • Options
    We actually have a food co-op in the neighborhood that we're members of, so all organic there. Brooklyn is relatively granola nowadays   :D
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @bklynchica we have a food co-op near us as well (but you don't have to be a member?) and it is so organic and so $$$. Works great in a pinch though since it's so close!

• Options
    You actually don't need to be a member at ours either, but we get money back at the end of the year. It's not TOO pricey, and is probably our main supermarket.

The infamous Park Slope food co-op on the other hand (which you may have seen spoofed on Broad City)... Poor DH didn't realize that it wasn't nice and open to everyone like ours and he got turned away at the door by a literal bouncer.
  • Options
    If i could stop crying anytime now that would be great 
  • Options
    Now I feel all guilty for not getting nitrate-free meat!!  I don't eat hot dogs much but we have grilled sausages a lot. 
    Pregnancy Ticker