November 2017 Moms

Re: Monday B-Fest 6/26

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cottingham3 I'm pretty sure I would cuss them out even with DH sitting there. Messing up your meds because of poor charting is inexcusable. I'd ask your MFM for a rec and switch docs.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @maegpie my brother was hoping to use fireworks for their gender reveal but the baby didn't cooperate and reveal itself this time.  They won't know the sex until the end of July.  He's super frustrated which I understand.  It's one of those things that doesn't really work anytime of the year.  I hope you're able to get them.  I agree that smoke bombs wouldn't really give the full effect.

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    My MIL was supposed to come visit this weekend, but needs to be at work Monday, so instead wants to come Monday night until Thursday. I can't say no, since this is the last time she will see us before we move 10 hours further away, but she will insist the kids don't go to daycare so she can spend time with them, which means next week I will get ZERO packing done because they will be all up in my face. I just want this move to be over. I hate packing. 

• Options
    @kissthesky32 I'd tell her that straight up. Can she come Thursday to Sunday? 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24 Maybe I could do a combo sparklers and smoke bombs. I'm sure everyone would love the sparklers if we did those after the smoke bombs. We've also considered just ordering extra fireworks to use next year around the Fourth of July.

@mariposa_767s I have had the thought of what do we do if we don't find out in time. At that point I guess we will just have a big cookout for the Fourth of July and maybe send out a video later for the reveal. Hopefully this LO cooperates tomorrow.
  • Options
    kalenpkalenp member
    @cottingham3 That sounds like a nightmare! If you decide to look into switching, I can tell you that I did with baby #2 and it was the best decision ever. Stinks when you can't really trust your care providers!!! Hope you get everything sorted today.
    DS#1 3/13
    DS#2 3/15
    Baby #3~ 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My work is in the process of turning the paperwork into computer work. So our desks that were already really close together are even more close together to make room for computers. Most people stand at their desks (unless they have a doctors note to sit) but of course the lady they put directly behind me sits, as do I. There is no room. At all. And a bigger guy had to get through (between us two sitters) and instead of asking the other lady to move (who was clearly hogging the area), he literally grabbed my chair and pushed my stomach into my desk even more than it already was. Ugh!! 
  • Options
    We are driving to DC from Charlottesville to end our vacation weekend today and my husband realized that he left his computer charger at his sisters house on Friday and now we have to go an hour out of the way to get it. annoyed. 
  • Options
    @maegpie what a cool way to do a reveal! Fireworks are outlawed in my state (so annoying) so I'm just using a smoke stick.

@baby3forme I would be incredibly furious. He's an adult, he needs to use his words.

• Options
    @MKMandeville but also, you can't control it (and neither can she) soooo....

• Options
    MKMandevilleMKMandeville member
    edited June 2017
    @DuchessOfCambridge I completely understand and really would love it if she had a girl. I guess I should have clarified my feelings a little more. This whole pregnancy she has made it a point to stomp on my feelings one way or another. She basically flat out told me that my mom's intuition in the beginning was wrong and I wasn't having a girl it was a boy. Then I was feeling disconnected to our baby a week ago before our AS and I asked for prayers on social media and a day later she did the same thing. I'm not saying her feelings are wrong but I cannot help but feel that she is copying my emotions to seek attention and that to me is not the point. 
  • Options
    @cottingham3 ew to all of that. I feel like that is the issue with so many OB offices. They have so many patients and so much going on that it impacts the quality of care you receive. How can he be so inconsistent when it comes to prescribing medication that could affect your pregnancy?! Glad that you feel better after talking to him, it seems that in these situations you really have to be your own advocate, and you were! 
  • Options
    @NYTino24 I almosttt said something to him but I'm not sure if he knows I'm pregnant since I never talk to anyone at work. But pregnant or not, it's rude. I'm going to ask the supervisor to not let sitters go behind me from now on. Most of the people I work with are on the larger side and I honestly feel bad making them squeeze through cracks 100 times a day to make copies. We get paid piece rate so it's really inconvenient for everyone.
  • Options
    @MKMandeville I don't blame her at all for hoping, just don't love the attitude she's giving you about your mother's intuition and the fact that you're actually having a girl. I understand she's jealous but you weren't able to control if you were having a boy or girl and neither is she, so there's no reason to be mean about it.

Just a stranger's opinion :)

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge my work-around for this has been going to the $10 community yoga classes on Saturdays (still not as cheap as I want them to be but it fills my happy tank up so what the heck) and telling the instructor that I'm pregnant. Luckily, I've been going to my studio for a few years and I know that the instructors will take care of me in that regard. I basically just don't do anything that stretches my belly too much. I tried following a video online and I hated it, so I feel your struggle!  
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge OK I just wasn't sure if I posted the wrong thing or not. I thought you thought I was being mean to her (which is not my intention)  or my feelings were wrong I was more hurt by what she said and how she had been acting which was my bitch fest for the day haha
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge OK I just wasn't sure if I posted the wrong thing or not. I thought you thought I was being mean to her (which is not my intention)  or my feelings were wrong I was more hurt by what she said and how she had been acting which was my bitch fest for the day haha
    No no! Not at all! Sorry it came off that way, I was confused about and commenting on why SHE was being mean to YOU! To be clear: I'm on your side and agree with your feelings haha

• Options
    I am feeling like I am not emotionally strong enough to be a foster parent after picking up FD this morning. It makes me feel really shitty because we had hoped to foster again (NOT kinship fostering again, strangers) when put kids started leaving the nest but now I am unsure if that's something I can feasibly do. Also I feel like although it was a good thing we did taking her I really don't think we helped or changed her life in any way, we were just place holders for 6 months. I want her to stay with us OR go back to her parents. I'm done with this transitioning bullshit and so is she. It's too confusing for her.
  • Options
    Hahaha @DuchessOfCambridge thank you! Pregnancy emotions are cruel and I tend to think people are judging me a lot lol
  • Options
    I'm sorry, @bcashaw. That sounds so hard for all of you. 

• Options
    2 things: 

1) I have a slight cold and am being a whiny baby about it today

2) DH's new restaurant is set to open July 15th, but the investors want to do a private invitation only party on the 4th of July. Seriously?! Now I'm going to have to do fireworks solo with DS because they want to show off that they bought a bar to all of their rich friends. He's about to be putting in 70 hour weeks for the next 2 months and I couldn't even have this one holiday with him?
  • Options
    av2323av2323 member
    @BayCamp  That sucks.  I am sorry :(
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I don't get that either. Weird. I'd say being your own hotdogs anyway, when pregnant sometimes you just *NEED* something. Or can't bring yourself to eat other things.