Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday 6/28

2»

Re: WTO Wednesday 6/28

• @kbamomma33 happy birthday!!! Yayyy birthday sushi! 
  • @kbamomma33, Happy birthday! Sorry for the rough start to your day.

@purplg8r, I usually start OPKs around CD17 when I'm feeling really optimistic. I haven't done one on CD10 in a very long time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kbamomma33 Ugh what happened at the doctors office is really rough. I hope your day is filled with good things (like sushi!) from here on out! 

• @doxiemoxie212 I'm so sorry you followed me--I told you not to!  But for real sending you lots of hugs!  

@kbamomma33 there are only females in the obgyn practice so if all went as planned...
  • @hollieeileen Oh cool! I lived in NC for many years.... the lake weather should be nice, but don't let the east coast fool you... we have some horrible hot humid days. Nothing like what yall are having in AZ. I was supposed to go to AZ after LA, but the heat made me change my plans. If planes cant land there, then I aint goin!
    @kbamomma33 going to a cousins wedding! Should be nice... Ive been to LA a few times but I'm taking my mom as well this time and its her first trip to the west coast! I love sushi in the summer! Hope you enjoy! You deserve it after having to listen to that during your appointment... I'm not sure I could've taken it :( Please have all the drinks!
    @purplg8r You should call back and ask at least. It can be hard in all this to always be seen by a woman... my docs have been randomly either. That's been ok for me. It might be possible for you to always have a woman, but I think you'd probably have to tell them your needs up front so they would be careful with scheduling. If you end up doing anything that requires monitoring that could also get tricky.
    @fishsticks-n-custard no worries! Its actually fun when you start charting and seeing your patterns, though since you are (tw) coming off bf-ing it may take longer for your cycles to normalize (to whatever normal is going to be for you). Just keep charting (and if possible temping more (I know its tough if you are having interrupted sleep patterns or whatnot). But if you can do it faithfully (ish) for a few cycles, you can sort of cheat a bit... like not temp till you are close to O and then temp till you get your 3 days above the cl.

• purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited June 2017
    ** lurking from IF again**

@purplg8r My OBGYN in college was a man. I was really uncomfortable about it at first, but he was the only one in the area that took my insurance who was accepting new patients. After a while I got used to it. He had tons of pictures of his kids all over the walls and talked about them a lot to make me feel more at ease. Eventually I just got over the weirdness. And It's all for the good because now my RE (the only one I wouldn't have to drive 4 hours to see) is a man, so it makes things easier. You just have to remember that this man has seen a LOT of vaginas. Plus there's ALWAYS a female nurse in the room. Obviously, I don't mean to discourage you from finding a doctor you're comfortable with. When I moved and changed OBs, I picked a female because that's what I naturally prefer. I guess my point is that if you do end up having a male doctor there are ways to get over most of the discomfort in your mind.

ETA: SIGH I was reading the wrong page on this thread and thinking it was the newest. Glad all went well @purplg8r!

• @dragonette505 haha I don't blame you for avoiding Phoenix. LA should be nice!! ...Come to AZ in the fall/winter/spring and it's great! But for sure NOT may-sept! 
    My brother has lived in NC for like 10 years and I'm from the Midwest so I totally get the humidity. My curly hair will go crazy all week, but I'll be happy to not burn my feet on cement... or the car seat... or the front door... or anything outside at all haha... 
  • millpemillpe member
    @dukestar5 I am an engineer :) I sent you a PM with more specifics if you were really interested. Feel free to ignore it. lol

@dragonette505 Thanks for the encouragement! Also I've been meaning to ask - is everything back to normal since the fire at your place?

@kbamomma33 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm sorry about your appointment.. Especially on your birthday :( Hopefully the birthday romance and wine help make your day end well!!

@purplg8r I definitely have the same concerns over a male.. But if I would probably just go if I could get in that quick. 

Sorry I don't have time to respond to everyone! Just know I was lurking and I am cheering for each and every one of you!!
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @MrsMiller8588 Yeah! Well almost.... if you can believe it, I'm still waiting for the electric company to sign off of the repair work we've had done and pay us back for it all! Lol
  • millpemillpe member
    @dragonette505 what a pain!! I'm glad you are through the repairs at least! Hopefully you will get the money soon :) 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Don't have time to respond to everyone - we have a big storm coming through with flash flood/ tornado/ thunderstorm warnings. We're okay. Went down to the basement for a little bit now back upstairs. 

Know that I'm love titting and thinking of you guys.

@purplg8r It's ultimately up to you. I understand where you're coming from. I thought I would never be comfortable with a male OB, but mine is. Granted he hasn't had to look up my skirt yet (NP does all the initial stuff) but he's such a wonderful and caring provider that I want to get over my modesty. Since the male RE is able to get you in so quickly I would at least give him a fair shot. Remember it's not like you're signing a contract to only see him. If he orders testing and you choose to see a different provider you can always request that the records be transferred. Make sure to be honest about your concerns. How he reacts will be very telling.
    Me: 30   DH:32
    Dating: 2/2007   Married: 4/2011  
    TTC #1: 9/2016
    *TW*

BFP #1: 11/26/2016 - MC: 12/6/2016
    BFP #2: 3/9/2017 - CP: 3/10/2017
    08/2017: DH's SA = normal
    08/2017: Low progesterone (4.6) all other BW normal
    11/2017: HSG Clear; Pelvic Ultrasound Normal; and AMH, FSH, and Estradiol normal
    12/2017: 1,000mg Metformin
    12/2017: 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: 100mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: RE Consult
    03/2018: 5mg Letrozole + 50 units Gonal-F + 500 μg Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #3: 4/1/2018 - CP: 4/4/2018
    04/2018: 5mg Letrozole + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #4: 5/2/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dragonette505 @beanship @MrsMiller8588 @KariAnn323 so my bff posted in a local mommies group about the reproductive center.  One mom had seen this male dr and said he had a nice bedside manner.  But everyone else reccommended this one female dr so I might call back and see if I can switch
  • @JennyColada --I am drinking the coffee with cream, no sweetner.  I always say I like a little coffee with my cream/sugar. ;). It's rough, but now that I've made it a few days, I think I'll survive! Lol

@kbamomma33 happy, happy birthday!  I am so sorry about your experience in the office today, but I'm glad you got to enjoy yummy food & wine to celebrate!

@purplg8r --that sounds promising.  I would find someone with whom you feel really comfortable...but you might also just go to the first appt with the male ob who was recommended just to see.  also, how was your run at the gym?  I only like to run outside if I can help it, but it means I have to go super early.  ((I call the treadmill the dreadmill)).
  • @MrsMiller8588. Cool!  (This is silly, but how do I even find a PM? Can you only access messages from a desktop?  I cannot figure out where they are on the mobile app).
  • millpemillpe member
    @dukestar5 It should be under more -> community -> my inbox :) I am mostly on mobile too so I know the struggle! 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019