November 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Wambulance 6/23-6/25

2»

Re: Weekend Wambulance 6/23-6/25

• Options
    @am+mommy I am so so sorry for yoy and your daughter. That's so stressful calling the cops is literally the only thing you could do. Sending support and solidarity. 
  • Options
    @am+mommy That is so incredibly stressful especially since you're so far away. So sorry you're going through this and I feel so horrible for your poor daughter. I hope the cops can help her and get her to a safe, clean space. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bcashaw now I'm sure it's a virus. High Temp to 105, sore throat with dark red spots. No throwing up and she is voided, all are good and she is drinking the Pedialyte. Funny girl. My fault for not checking her temp before the Motrin stopped working, we were all sleeping. 
  • Options
    @am+mommy I hope the cops can do something. If DD absolutely wants to leave, is she able to? It wouldn't necessarily be your decision to cut the trip short, it would be hers.  Idk why the court would want to put her through all that just.
  • Options
    cwalker042cwalker042 member
    edited June 2017
    I don't know where to post this but I am SO enraged right now. I come home today from some running around that I had to do while DS napped and DH stayed home with him. I get home and there is a vacuum salesperson lady in our home!!! I seriously wanted to shoot my husband for allowing not only a salesperson into our home, but a complete stranger! While I was in the back of our house (they are in the front living room) completely avoiding her, I hear her say she wants to clean our mattress! I run to the front of the house and they are WALKING UP THE STAIRS! I flat out said NOPE! You are not going into our bedroom! She then asked if I wanted to check out what the vacuum can do. I told her no! I seriously want to kick her out of my house! I am beyond livid! I am taking DS for a walk otherwise there is going to be a homicide at my house. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @am+mommy that is awful. I agree you should contact your custody lawyer immediately and get their advice. I'm sure if you mention the drugs it will get the ball rolling quickly. 

@MaximumEffort that is a scary temp--hope it goes down soon!

i got a sunburn today. Was wearing sunscreen but i guess I missed the whole side of my leg somehow. Sitting here watching it develop and praying it doesn't get toooo red...maybe it will fade to a tan.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cwalker042 vacuum sales people still exist? And why the hell is she trying to sell to the one person in the house who is least likely to use the vacuum? 
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort surprisingly they do! This is the second time a vacuum salesperson has been to our house in the last 2 months. I answered the door the first time and shooed him away. DH is gullible and can never say no. He was really getting into her demonstrations too. When I got back from my walk there was a black unmarked beat up car in front of my house with a woman sitting in the passenger seat. When I went into the house, there was a guy in my house too! All I'm thinking is that we are going to get robbed at some point in the near future! The guy had the audacity to walk to the back of my house into the kitchen and ask for some paper towels! I glared at him and he saw it. They very quickly left my house after that and DH just got an ear full and I'm still not done. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @am+mommy so sorry to hear about how your daughter's visit went. That is so horrible. 

@cwalker042 wow. Just wow. I didn't know there were still door to door vacuum salespeople. They sound creepy, and I agree with you about not letting them in! Yikes.
  • Options
    We have a "No soliciting - except for kids!" Sign. We live in a new neighborhood and I couldn't handle the near daily doorbell rings!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @am+mommy I'm so sorry you and your daughter are going through this. Were you able to
    get in contact with your lawyer and/or get her out of that house yet?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @MississippiCatfish I told DH we are getting a no soliciting sign. We've been in this neighborhood for 10 months and it seems like our doorbell rings at least once a week with a solicitor. The worst is when a company is doing work on a neighbors house and they take it upon their self to offer their service at my home. No, sorry. When I need my roof replaced I will contact someone. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    av2323av2323 member
    Late to the party but I watched a YouTube video of a man willingly letting a tarantula hawk sting him.  No.  Just no.  I'm happy they do not exist in my area.
  • Options
    @am+mommy That is so horrible. I hope you can get in touch with the police and your lawyer and get her out of there ASAP.

AFM: I am so pissed at my dog and DH right now. My dog is a little over one year old, and up until now, we've kept him in an exercise pen when we leave. But we need that space when the baby gets here, so we're trying to get him used to more freedom. We went grocery shopping (gone only 2 hours), and we came home to a pile of shredded paper. He pulled my OB information packet off the coffee table and shredded almost everything. My US pictures were in there and thank goodness he only nibbled the corners of the envelopes and the photos are fine. If he had shredded a single US photo I'd be even more livid than I am. Unfortunately, I think he has separation anxiety, because he never destroys anything when we are home, and we left him with 2 food toys, an antler to chew on, and walked him for 1.5 hours before we left. He should have been tired and plenty entertained. I blame DH for the separation anxiety - I've been telling him for months that he hypes up our dog when he comes home, and that he needs to leave and come home as calmly as possible. He didn't listen. And now our dog has shredded two cardboard boxes and my OB packet this week. There was a form in there that I need to fax to the hospital L&D next week that is shredded, and I'll have to stop by my OB's office this week to pick up a new packet. I blame myself for leaving the packet where the dog could reach it. Not puppy proofing is totally our fault. But he's seriously shown zero interest in anything in the house other than his toys the entire year we've had him. Ugh. I'm just frustrated and wondering what the hell we're going to do if we can never trust him loose in the house on his own. I cannot have an exercise pen in my living room forever.
  • Options
    @RiverSong15 Does he have a crate/den area that he has access to when you're gone? Sometimes dogs need a safe space that is "theirs." Also it could be something that he grows out of. Mine had some destructive separation anxiety for about 1.5-2 years but she's fine now. And I would agree that your husband should practice leaving nonchalantly. 
  • Options
    @am+mommy so sorry she (and you) are dealing with that. I hope you can get her home soon. 
  • Options
    @ooodalollly That's a good thought. We stopped using a crate when we started letting him sleep at the foot of our bed. Weirdly enough, our dog likes to crawl underneath our IKEA chair when he wants a den-like space. He has access to that when he's loose in the living room, and we left the door to the exercise pen open, so his bed and blankie and the area he's used to were accessible. We still have his crate and could give that a try too. He could be bored, but given the short time we were gone, I'm thinking anxiety is more likely. I'm glad to hear your dog grew out of it! That's hopeful. We also have friends whose dog shredded their really nice bed sheets at about this age, and she was fine by age 3. Ugh. I just thought we had the miracle puppy that would never destroy anything... nope! It's just frustrating that he's so good when we're home, so it's harder to correct the behavior we aren't seeing. 
  • Options
    ineedsixeggsineedsixeggs member
    edited June 2017
    @RiverSong15 That's exactly how ours was! Very well behaved otherwise. So it probably is separation anxiety you're dealing with. In which case, the crate was really helpful for us. 

ETA: It's her safe space, not a punishment. 
  • Options
    dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited June 2017
    My back hurts so bad!!!! But it's my own fault. 

It's the end of our school year and we had to move books and boxes around to different rooms. I was careful and didn't do any heavy lifting, but stubbornly I was determined to help. 

Now I am so sore and just laying on the couch...
  • Options
    @am+mommy omg goodness I'm so glad she has you. 
  • Options
    @am+mommy ugh I am so so sad for your DD. That's a lot to deal with normally much less when you're 11! Hoping this trip goes quickly for her. 

• Options
    @RiverSong15 my dogs are 3 and 4 and they're total assholes (can I say that on here? Haha)  when we go anywhere. They ruin stuff EVERY SINGLE TIME we go anywhere and don't crate them. One time we went away a whole weekend and had a friend pop in a few times a day and they used our upstairs hallway as their personal bathroom. It was disgusting. One of my dogs I won't even leave alone while I'm home anymore because she steals food off the counter, like fruit or potatoes. She's getting used to it and follows me around the house now. Some dogs (like mine) have no issues and just suck and will spend their lives in a crate when no ones home. I hope that's not the case for you, could be a puppy thing too! 
  • Options
    @RiverSong15 I think they go through another phase of teething at 1 year, also. For our dog, who dealt with this, part of her anxiety was not being able to see or the front of the house. We were putting her in a living room with a back window and she kept scratching at the door. When we shut her in our room, she just laid on the bed and watched out the window. She was about 6 months I think.

@am+mommy how very frustrating! How far away is she? Can you go and just drop off groceries so at least she has food to eat? Or would her dad let you take her back? It seems like he has no interest in her, or why would he be doing drugs and stay in bed and then leave her alone???

@bcashaw wow! You're really bending over backwards for her! I hope she appreciates it! And it's so annoying when guys aren helpful. Clean, darn it!

@MaximumEffort so sorry your little one has been so sick!! I hope she feels better today!!!

• Options
    slavenslaven member
    @cwalker042 (and others following the topic) Growing up we lived on a quiet NH street, some neighbors but not a lot. There was a guy who would drive around and sell meat out of his truck. Well when I was 17 I got a Newfoundland that grew to be 150 lbs and 36" to the shoulder. One time the guy came around and our dog was inside but jumped up and was jumping on a window, his body filling the whole window frame. On his hind legs he was over 6ft. The guy never came back. I don't think my Maltese would be so intimidating. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @TeacherMama7 no, I can't bring her groceries. I would if I could. And he will not allow her to leave and it's court ordered so my hands are tied. She is near Philadelphia and I am in California so I really can't do anything. 
  • Options
    kwaldykwaldy member
    @am+mommy this is really breaking my heart for you and your daughter... 
  • Options
    @kwaldy I love it! Do people obey the sign?? I saw that one but was worried it would come off as a joke and they'd knock anyway. Also, do people still leave flyers on your door? We get that a lot and I don't really mind, but someone told me the other day it's illegal if you have a sign. No idea if that's true. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    kwaldykwaldy member
    @MississippiCatfish so far so good. We still get flyers but those don't bother me too much. 

And the other day we had to dodge some of those guys that sell frozen meat. The kids were playing in the (unfenced) backyard and we heard them show up so we told the kids to hush when we heard the salespeople say "is anyone home??" They didn't stick around long, and I'm hoping it's because of the sign lol.
  • Options
    It's a big religious holiday for today and we're having a family party. There are a lot of people over and I have a migraine and am overwhelmed so I am hiding in my childhood bedroom. I should prob stop. But one of my aunts is really not nice. 

• Options
    I told DH we need to get a sign. However, I don't mind children coming to my door with their fundraisers and such. I have never in my life been bothered by so many solicitors. It's insane. I honestly think it's because we live in an upscale neighborhood. There have been many times I just won't answer my door because most salespeople won't take no for an answer. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I told DH we need to get a sign. However, I don't mind children coming to my door with their fundraisers and such. I have never in my life been bothered by so many solicitors. It's insane. I honestly think it's because we live in an upscale neighborhood. There have been many times I just won't answer my door because most salespeople won't take no for an answer. 
    We still have kids knock on our door all the time! The "except for kids!" works for us. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @am+mommy thinking about you and your daughter

@DuchessOfCambridge I do that when I visit home and get overwhelmed 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @am+mommy  I am so sorry your daughter is going through that! I hope you can get the courts to change the custody agreement! Keep records of everything your daughter tells you and every time you have the cops go over there 

@RiverSong15. Our youngest dog is almost a year old and he is an ass. He chews up everything he can reach (toys, shoes, paper, plastic, etc) and we have to leave him outside while we are at work or he would destroy the house. Even outside he will take my son's toys out of his water table to chew up. He has tons of dog toys but wants nothing to do with them unless he's taking them away from our older dog. He stays in the house while we are home and at night and at night he has decided that the bookshelf in the livingroom is a good thing to pee on. I've never caught him in the act so I can't discipline him for it. 
  • Options
    Our well ran dry Saturday. It's either that, or there's a serious mechanical malfunction with the pump. Running water is non-existent. I feel very dehydrated right now- not necessarily limiting my water in take, but trying to make the 20 gallons I bought at the store yesterday last. Definitely brought 2 empty gallons with me to work today to refill, and came in early this morning to workout and take advantage of the locker room showers here. 
  • Options
    @curiousfool1 Oh no! Are you in a drought? Is it possible the aquifer is empty? I hope not and that there is a fast, easy fix.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @curiousfool1  Our pump is kind of broken and sometimes the water stops and we have to go out there and pull back this little white plastic piece to make the pump kick back on. It's so annoying, I can't wait until we're finished with our new house and we can move out of the crap hole we're in.