August 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread 6/19

2»

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 6/19

• @littlebug2010 I have a long torso and still have bump boob problems. I'm not leaking at all, but damn my nipples hurt
  • @Kathryn0903 I have had mild carpal tunnel for a while now.  Its mostly in my right (dominant) wrist, but I tend to notice it more in my fingers and left wrist if I start to get too puffy! One thing that did help, DH gave me a hand massage, and made sure to rub around the wrist as well, and I swear its been better ever since.  I also stopped using the track pad on my computer, becuase it was aggravating it during work.  I also try to make sure to stretch out my hand/wrist at night.  FX this goes away for you. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Exhaustion like in first trimester. All I want to do is nap. Thank God for Netflix to entertain my 3.5 yr old. 
  • OTmom3OTmom3 member
    @Kathryn0903, I had carpel tunnel pain with DS and wore a hand splint at night to keep my wrists in a neutral position which helped some
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• Holy Belly tightening! Is this Braxton Hicks? I never had BH or felt early contractions with DS. It tightens a lot and for a long time. And is extremely uncomfortable. Any suggestions experienced mamas? 
  • @Kudlica27 mine will tighten a lot with a BH contraction. I find they go away if I sit with my feet up and drink a lot of water right then. The more I drink throughout the day, the less I get them. My ob said that unless they become super regular and happen 4 times in an hour, I have nothing to worry about. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @littlebug2010 Thanks! I knew I was lucky with my first to not have these! I will try resting (with a toddler lol) and more water!
  • Yes, definitely BH! Mine have been so uncomfortable - I'm guessing the heat must make them worse... and being constipated... and then when I have to pee and have one it hurts so bad I'm afraid I'm going to pee myself at work. The bathroom is on the other side of the floor and I try not to go more frequently than every hour, but I think I might have to start pushing that goal down to like every 50 minutes just so there are no accidents! I also find it very uncomfortable to have anything touching the front of my stomach (arms, desk, dishes, toddler, etc.), which I don't remember from my other pregnancies. 
    Is anybody tracking their Braxton HIck's on an app or anything? I need to get a contraction timing app set up for labor, but hadn't thought of it before for BHs.  I think I used a random free one last time and it did its job that day. 

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• tova24tova24 member
    I got a yeast infection. Yay. The doctor told me that I was red down there and I laughed because I can't see down there anymore! If it wasn't for tons of discharge, I wouldn't have known. 
  • @Kudlica27 mine will tighten a lot with a BH contraction. I find they go away if I sit with my feet up and drink a lot of water right then. The more I drink throughout the day, the less I get them. My ob said that unless they become super regular and happen 4 times in an hour, I have nothing to worry about. 
    Same! I can actually see my whole belly contract. It's weird and uncomfortable for sure but goes away. I kind of like that my body is "training" for labor. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The nesting is in full force now. Washed all the baby clothes yesterday. Now working on washing pacifiers and bottles and learning how to sterilize bottles.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I noticed this morning I have red scratch marks on my right boob....at first I was like WTH!?? But then realized I may have been scratching them one too many times bec they're so itchy! SO yes, itchy boobs new for me this week.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • dma0389 said:
    I noticed this morning I have red scratch marks on my right boob....at first I was like WTH!?? But then realized I may have been scratching them one too many times bec they're so itchy! SO yes, itchy boobs new for me this week.
    Me too. And an itchy belly. I feel like it's constantly one or the other.
  • I started on slow release iron this week for anemia (45mg dose). I had energy today to clean almost the entire 1st floor. I'm hoping it's not just coincidence, and I'll be less zombie-like for the rest of this pregnancy. 
  • @PinkPrincessPiper I had the same effect happen to me after taking iron for just a few days. Now it's been about two-ish weeks since I started supplementing with extra iron and while I still sometimes need a nap to counter a crappy nights sleep, I normally have the energy to get through a day again! It is glorious to feel like a human again!!

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • OTmom3OTmom3 member
    I've had menstrual like cramping late last night and then a tiny bit today without Braxton Hicks. I called the perinatal service center that checks in on me weekly (through my insurance/doctor) for preterm labor, and they told me to rest and drink two bottles of water. Anyone else having this? I don't remember having this in previous pregnancies that were not accompanied at the same time by Braxton Hicks and these are not. Normally my problem is just having a ton of Braxton Hicks.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @OTmom3 Haven't had that happen, personally. Did they go away after you drank all the water? Could it possibly be related to something you ate/bad gas? Hope you're feeling better today.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • OTmom3OTmom3 member
    @secicc12, last night I ended up just going to bed and when I woke up this AM they were gone. I feel like I did still have a little cramping when I woke to pee the first time. Today it's not as bad and continues to be about the same after drinking 2 bottles of water. I'm just going to keep resting as much as I can (husband coaches at 5 so I'm alone with the kids after that) and just try to hydrate more than normal. The advice line lady said she would write up a note to my doctor but that she didn't think I needed to be seen today. Basically when having these kind of symptoms I should empty my bladder, drink a ton of water, and put my feet up. She said if it's still just as bad in an hour to call. Then she went on to say being that it's my third pregnancy we have to be on top of things because she's seen people have their third babies without pushing. Gee, thanks medical advice lady. LOL
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @OTmom3
    Oddly enough I experienced period-like cramping last night too, with BH contractions. Preterm labor crossed my mind too but it wasn't regular/consistent and it didn't get any worse either. Today, back to normal. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • OTmom3OTmom3 member
    @DeansGirl14, small world. Glad you're back to normal today. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Does any mommy have an outie belly button? mine is but this morning I got in the shower and it had went in and I thought to myself "omg i popped it in" and once it was time for my doc appt this morning it popped out again I just laughed but was wondering if anyone has experienced this? This is my first time with an outie belly button with my daughter I never got one.
  • So today I suddenly developed a bad rash on my abdomen. I called the after hours nurse line and they want me to come in right away in the morning to hospital for monitoring and labs.

Honestly didn't think it was much but now they have me worried. Hope it's just a precautionary thing. 
  • @littlebug2010 when I was pregnant with my DD I only leaked from my left side...when I was nursing it was always the better "producer". This go around with this little guy I'm leaking a heck of a lot less but only from the right side...we will see
    how things go with nursing. I'd say leaking from one side seems normal. 
  • Started getting pain in my pelvic bone or groin area when I walk. Only on the right side. Have yet to figure out a way to relieve it, other than not walking, which is near impossible with a toddler.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • OTmom3OTmom3 member
    Everything ok, @belmont1785 ?
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @OTmom3

So far So good. I'm in labor and delivery now....waiting and being monitored. I'm annoyed because they acted like it was such a big deal on the phone and now they are kind of acting like "why did you bother coming in"

Baby is doing perfect and they are going to do some labs to see if anything stands out. Could be PUPPS....not sure. I'm worried that it's cholestasis because I have a history of GI issues. I don't have my gall bladder anymore but I've heard you can still have it without and I had problems with my first child. Just playing the waiting game.

And I'm here alone because of visitor restrictions my 2 year old couldn't come so my husband had to stay home to watch her. I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks for checking!
  • Throwing up...all the time.   It didn't stop until 20 weeks and at 32 it started again.   I thought maybe it was just a few days but it's been two weeks and no sign of slowing.
  • @belmont1785 I hate when they make you feel ridiculous for coming in with a concern. Glad you're being monitored, hope you can head home soon!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks guys. Home now. They didn't tell me much but gave me a prescription ointment for the itching and I'll follow up with my doc at Thursday's appt.
  • OTmom3OTmom3 member
    Glad everything is well, @belmont1785
    BabyFruit Ticker