August 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread 6/12

13»

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 6/12

• Anyone else getting sharp jabs on their bladder?  I swear the baby is using it as a boxing punching bag or something.  It's a shooting pain for like a second or two, on repeat for the entire time baby is awake.  I am at the point where as much as I love when the baby is active,  I hate it bc it is so painful on my bladder!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @kristenk727 yes! It just started a few days ago for me (I'm 30 weeks today). I feel like I'm going to pee myself and then there's nothing really in there.  :|

The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Loading the player...
  • Really overdid it again with cleaning. I told DH that he has to make sure I put shoes on because my feet and hips are killing me from lack of support. My heels feel bruised. I'm so tired. 
  • edited June 2017
    @kristenk727 same here. It's an awful feeling. 

I've been noticing lower abdominal pain when standing and walking. Like ache pain, not really crampy. Resting I feel fine. 
  • Knee pain, anyone? Holy moly I can barely walk. My left knee is so swollen. How can I do 9 more weeks of this?!
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @aehogan90, no, but ouch! 

My reflux is horrible. I've been taking nexium for about 6 weeks now, but in the past week or so I've woken up 3 times choking on stomach acid.  Last night was the worst, I could feel it in my nose. Now my stomach is upset from all the acid I swallowed. I feel disgusting. 
  • @kristenk727 what you describe is what I call "lightening crotch"

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• tova24tova24 member
    I just feel like I have to puke every night. It feels like something is obstructing my airway and is hard to breathe. 
  • My swelling in my legs gets so bad by the end of the day! It is so much worse this time around. 

Also, anyone else feel like they are dying of thirst at night? I drink ice water literally all day. As soon as my cups it empty I refill but I have to chug 2-3 cups totaling about 64 oz before bed (while I am watching my shows) or I can't fall asleep. This, of course, makes me wake up in the middle of the night about to burst but then when I get up I have to have a Gatorade and more water. I seriously can't get enough water. At this point I am in drinking over 100 oz a day, probably close to 200...
  • @morgy_bee I'm the same with ice water & Gatorade at night. I'm trying to work on my water consumption throughout the day. 

Anyone else having a reaction to the tDap shot? Last time it was just sore for a couple days, but the injection site is super sore & red. It hurts like a mofo. I'm still massaging it, but it doesn't seem to be doing much...

• Ouch @PinkPrincessPiper that looks painful. I personally didn't have a reaction to it. Did it happen right after you got the shot? Or a few hours/days later? I'd call your doc just to be safe. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ouch @PinkPrincessPiper that looks painful. I personally didn't have a reaction to it. Did it happen right after you got the shot? Or a few hours/days later? I'd call your doc just to be safe. 
    Same. I didn't have that either time. I was super sore my first pregnancy, but this time I guess since I used my arm more lugging around a toddler, I didn't notice it as much. 
  • secicc12 said:
    Ouch @PinkPrincessPiper that looks painful. I personally didn't have a reaction to it. Did it happen right after you got the shot? Or a few hours/days later? I'd call your doc just to be safe. 
    I had the shot Friday, but the redness & soreness showed up yesterday morning. Today, it's worse. I'll call the OB's office tomorrow morning. Thanks, ladies! 
  • That can happen from any injection. That happens to me all the time from my progesterone shots. It goes away after a few days. While it's a reaction, yes, it's not dangerous. 
  • @brookedeyo You're a nurse, correct? I'm going to call the nurses line for my OB's office in the morning to see what they say, but I do appreciate your input. 
  • @PinkPrincessPiper yes. I would avoid rubbing it. You can apply cool compress for swelling, Tylenol for pain. If it's itchy, like my spots get, the nurse said I could use Benadryl cream. 
  • @PinkPrincessPiper yes. I would avoid rubbing it. You can apply cool compress for swelling, Tylenol for pain. If it's itchy, like my spots get, the nurse said I could use Benadryl cream. 
    Cold compress feels amazing. Thank you! 
  • My belly button is the weirdest thing I've ever seen right now. Total outtie and has been for a few weeks. It's never poked out this far!

We were at a lakefront beach near my house and the CUTEST little boy, who had autism, came right up to me and poked it. Then he put both his hands on my belly and rubbed his nose against it. His mom kept apologizing, but I thought it was hilarious and SO sweet! He gave me a hug, patted my belly button one more time, and walked off! LOL!