June 2016 Moms

Happy Birthday June 2016 Babies!

Let's make this a thread for birthday announcements. 
Let's avoid commenting and just post the announcements so we can have pics of all these cute lil babies!

Re: Happy Birthday June 2016 Babies!

• Loading the player...
  • Erin turned 1 this Monday and we just did a cupcake to celebrate but now she can get big kid food at daycare (she was grabbing food already from the 1 year olds for about a month on top of the meals I bring)

Erin was born June 5th, 2016 8pm

Due date: May 27, 2016

Weight/length at birth: 8lbs, 11 ounces/ 21 1/4 inches long

More accurate weight/length tomorrow at her 1yo appt but last month she weighed 25lbs.

• AmberLiz99AmberLiz99 member
    edited June 2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ethan turned 1 today!  Here he is enjoying some "healthy" cake my mom made (aka sugar free and gluten free lol). He also had his first taste of an ice cream cone. His face  :D
    Love his facial expression! So funny and so cute!!
  • Calvin turned 1 on June 9th. 
    Birth weight/length: 8 lbs 6 oz, 21.25 in
    1 year: 20.8 lbs, 30.5 in

We had a fiesta themed party.

• edited June 2017
    So Damien's birthday was terrible. The whole day was dominated by what everyone else felt needed to be done. We didn't even get to cut the cake so that Damien could have a piece. I captured exactly 0 special moments because there weren't any that happened outside of the douple of hours I had him all to myself early this morning and when I put him to bed.

The plan was heavy appetizers at 5ish, cake, then bedtime for Damien. Well last night I was informed that I was going to have to cook dinner for the party as well (10 people). I picked a quick and easy pasta dish that I could make in 20min. Damien ate at 6pm and I kept saying we needed to do the cake BUT my Mom insisted we wait until after dinner (which she made me wait to start making...i wanted to do it at 5:30 so it would be ready by 6 and we would eat with Damien). THEN she insisted I delay finishing the dish (let it simmer longer) because she had to put together the salad. This salad was a simple garden salad, could have been done in minutes...took her 30mins. THEN I had to wait for the bread to go in the oven...which wasn't even preheated because well hell if I know. By the time everything was done, it was 7:30 and Damien was beyond cranky and tired. I said we really needed to just do the cake because he wasn't going to make it much longer and I was waved off. I should have just cut the damn cake looking back at the situanow but I didn't. So Damien got put to bed without having his bday cake moment...the one moment I really wanted for the day.

Then there was the insident of 7 adults all standing around outside while Damien was on the grass near the cement step. I saw from the kitchen and immediately knew he was foing to hit his head on it. Seconds later he did, why? Because no one was watching him. I was so frustrated...Too busy chatting amongst themselces and that inckudes my husband. He hardly got to play with his new toys because he was just so tired by the time they were opened as well. 

I'm just utterly disappointed and I know I should have just put my foot down. I'm so frustrated with myself because I didn't. His 1st bday and it went so badly. I'll never get this day back. I don't even have a picture with the three of us together. I'm trying to focus on the positives of the day and I know I'll get over it eventually but right now, it sucks. We're thinking of doing a "do over" bday of just us three next weekend.

Sorry this should be in the venting thread. This day was supposed to be simple and fun. I feel like I missed out on a special day.
  • So Damien's birthday was terrible. The whole day was dominated by what everyone else felt needed to be done. We didn't even get to cut the cake so that Damien could have a piece. I captured exactly 0 special moments because there weren't any that happened outside of the douple of hours I had him all to myself early this morning and when I put him to bed.

The plan was heavy appetizers at 5ish, cake, then bedtime for Damien. Well last night I was informed that I was going to have to cook dinner for the party as well (10 people). I picked a quick and easy pasta dish that I could make in 20min. Damien ate at 6pm and I kept saying we needed to do the cake BUT my Mom insisted we wait until after dinner (which she made me wait to start making...i wanted to do it at 5:30 so it would be ready by 6 and we would eat with Damien). THEN she insisted I delay finishing the dish (let it simmer longer) because she had to put together the salad. This salad was a simple garden salad, could have been done in minutes...took her 30mins. THEN I had to wait for the bread to go in the oven...which wasn't even preheated because well hell if I know. By the time everything was done, it was 7:30 and Damien was beyond cranky and tired. I said we really needed to just do the cake because he wasn't going to make it much longer and I was waved off. I should have just cut the damn cake looking back at the situanow but I didn't. So Damien got put to bed without having his bday cake moment...the one moment I really wanted for the day.

Then there was the insident of 7 adults all standing around outside while Damien was on the grass near the cement step. I saw from the kitchen and immediately knew he was foing to hit his head on it. Seconds later he did, why? Because no one was watching him. I was so frustrated...Too busy chatting amongst themselces and that inckudes my husband. He hardly got to play with his new toys because he was just so tired by the time they were opened as well. 

I'm just utterly disappointed and I know I should have just put my foot down. I'm so frustrated with myself because I didn't. His 1st bday and it went so badly. I'll never get this day back. I don't even have a picture with the three of us together. I'm trying to focus on the positives of the day and I know I'll get over it eventually but right now, it sucks. We're thinking of doing a "do over" bday of just us three next weekend.

Sorry this should be in the venting thread. This day was supposed to be simple and fun. I feel like I missed out on a special day.
    I'm sorry you had a horrible time! Upside is at least Damien didn't realize it was a "bad birthday" yet. I think your idea of doing a redo by yourself next weekend is a great one. 
  • @vintagevix2016 so sorry to hear that Damien's birthday was such a bust!  People suck!!  As @Tawny87 said, at least he didn't realize his birthday was ruined.  You will have a beautiful redo and be able to capture all those wonderful moments. Hang in there!
  • @vintagevix2016 All of the hugs!!!! I'm so sorry things didn't go as planned. I hope your redo is fulfilling. More hugs!
  • So Damien's birthday was terrible. The whole day was dominated by what everyone else felt needed to be done. We didn't even get to cut the cake so that Damien could have a piece. I captured exactly 0 special moments because there weren't any that happened outside of the douple of hours I had him all to myself early this morning and when I put him to bed.

I'm so sorry that his birthday wasn't what you wanted. How disappointing! 

Since Damien won't realize, could you and your husband do another Birthday for him with just you three?
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • @vintagevix2016 have fun this weekend!

LO turned 1 yesterday, I can't believe it! I feel like this is her bday week, we are having a combined party for her and me this Sat (my bday is next week and my age will end in a zero, yikes). But on Fathers Day we went to my parents and they had a cake for her and my niece, which was really cute.

Last night I got her a big cupcake and we went to the choir party for church (DH sings). The whole party sang to her and they had a live musician with a guitar which was great. LO must have Daddy's love for music because we stayed out so late (took a long time for the food to come out) and she was loving the party.

Of course it could have been all that sugar from her first cupcake that powered her through the evening ; )

I can't believe it's been a year!
  • alcermack said:

Lily has officially joined the birthday club. She turned 1 yesterday. 
    Birth 6/21/16
    9lbs 20.5 inches
    age 1
    21 lbs 14 oz 30.5 inches. Our long lean sweet girl. 
    Love her little bday outfit, she looks great!
  • @amangels2 OMG I love the one where he's holding up one finger.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::