October 2017 Moms
Options

Whatcha Eatin'?

13»

Re: Whatcha Eatin'?

• Options
    Last night I took a chunk of good quality chocolate and nuked it in the microwave with full cream milk. Sooooooo decadent and delicious. I love a good hot chocolate on a cold winter's night.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @natleilynn I saw that noodles/scissors guy yesterday. So cray.
  • Options
    @ariz17 seriously planning on trying that next time. Noodles are a struggle.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Nature's Bakery fig bars are my current jam.  Costco sells them in bulk.  Dunno if that's a good thing or not.  
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH is making some sort of chicken in the crockpot. While he cooks sometimes and usually does a good job, I am usually in charge, especially when it comes to the crockpot. He's telling me that this recipe only takes two hours to cook (using raw chicken). I'm not convinced. 
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    DH is making some sort of chicken in the crockpot. While he cooks sometimes and usually does a good job, I am usually in charge, especially when it comes to the crockpot. He's telling me that this recipe only takes two hours to cook (using raw chicken). I'm not convinced. 
    On high or low? I've seen some recipes on high that are only a few hours...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @natleilynn now I want noodles!
    @Brambles23 I've tried one of those fig bars and I couldn't even manage to swallow. I thought it was disgusting.

• Options

Today is so a chicken and chips lunch day. Mmmm chicken salt. And by chips I mean fries.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @natleilynn it was on high, and it was fully cooked at 2 hours. My bad for doubting him. Most of the recipes I've done still have you cook the chicken for 3.5 hours on high, so I was surprised.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    @buttercream_frosting you inspired me to make hot chocolate tonight even though it's 70+ degrees (21+ C) here. It totally hit the spot. 
  • Options
    @roo_baby I swear it's a pregnancy thing because I never really liked them before becoming pregnant.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ariz17 I'm craving listeria today but I think I'm going to have to wait until after a meeting at 1.....so hopefully I don't starve to death...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @natleilynn Godspeed that the meeting goes fast!
  • Options
    @ariz17 I intend on pushing along as quickly as possible. I consider the meeting pointless as we've had several emails about it and I considered it case closed. 

And food motivates me for speed.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Idk who mentioned cherries (maybe a long time ago?) but they were on sale so I got a lb and damn I can't stop eating them. They're like meaty grapes with an awesome mellow cherry flavor. How have I never eaten fresh cherries before??

PS there's got to be a better/quicker way of eating them tho. That ginormous seed is slowing me down! 
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Leftover chicken and dumplings from last night (one of my best recipes) followed up by a strawberry shortcake cupcake. Because who can resist stopping when you drive right past an adorable little cupcake shop? 
  • Options
    @jessirh I've been looking for a good chicken and dumplings recipe. Mind sharing yours?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @PizzaMonster3 I bought a huge bag too. And i agree with the seeds! I feel awkward spitting them out at work.. 
  • Options
    @ariz17 I was using them as a snack while I cleaned up the living room and it was a hassle. Might have to go back to teddy grahams lol. 
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @beezeemarie Sure! I got this from my great grandmother and it's never really had exact measurements, so sorry that this is as specific as I can get. 

Ingredients: 
    5-6 chicken thighs
    4 C chicken broth
    About 4 C water
    3-5 carrots (depending on size), peeled and diced
    Seasonings: I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and parsley
    2 C baking mix
    2/3 C milk

1. In a large pot, combine the chicken broth and water (about equal parts) and bring to a boil. Add the whole chicken thighs, diced carrots, and seasonings. Simmer/boil (somewhere in between those) for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and carrots are soft. 
    2. Remove chicken and shred. 
    3. Combine baking mix and milk, and drop by small spoonfuls into the boiling broth. Allow to simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally (very gently so you don't break the dumplings). 
    4. Add shredded chicken back in, and simmer 10 minutes covered. Check the broth to make sure it's seasoned to your liking (I sometimes need to add more salt at this point) and then ta da! All ready to eat. 
  • Options
    @jessirh sounds awesome. Thank you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    ariz17ariz17 member
    @OliveOyl2014 What! That is revolutionary!! I never knew such a thing existed. 
  • Options
    Cherries are life right now.  I picked up a package of rainier cherries as Costco and they are so sweet and crunchy.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Halo top pistachio ice cream. I'm obsessed with all of their flavors, and I feel less guilty eating it since healthier (or whatever). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    Spicy pork rinds are happening right now.  Yes, I know it's 10am.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Guise. I dont know if it exists in the US but Rockaberry's apple crumble (heated in oven) with vanilla ice cream on top is the ish to me right now ❤️
  • Options
    spark88 said:
    I had Capriottis Bobbie for lunch. Do you guys have those where you are from? The thanksgiving sandwich. 
    The Bobbie is my FAVE, and now I want one.  
  • Options
    yasandson said:
    Guise. I dont know if it exists in the US but Rockaberry's apple crumble (heated in oven) with vanilla ice cream on top is the ish to me right now ❤️
    Idk what this is, but it sounds pretty amazing!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    DH was craving Mongolian BBQ, so that was our late lunch/early dinner.  No cooking by for either of us.  Win-win!

BabyFruit Ticker