Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTCAL Check-In Week of 6/12

2»

Re: TTCAL Check-In Week of 6/12

• Options
    @dpjennifer yes that's exactly how it seems to be, and I totally agree. It should be treated exactly the same as any loss, thats why its so nice to have a place like this where other women get it. Sometimes when someone asks how I am doing at work , I feel like if I actually tell them, it would be awkward, but on the other hand, I get tired of faking it and saying Im doing okay.
    @ChloandCoco I am the same way, I like to know what is going on with my body and have as much control as possible, which of course isn't most times! haha. But it was nice to know for sure from a medical stand point where my levels were at so I wasn't left guessing.
     :# 
  • Options
    @janelane33 Exactly. I've started to be very open about my journey with people (even random people) because I feel like this stigma and the misunderstanding about MC won't get better if people continue to be uninformed. Also, like you, I get sick of saying "I'm doing ok" when it's a big fat lie.  It's like... sometimes I'm crying in my cubicle at work and I can't stop. Clearly I'm NOT ok.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can I just say how much I (insert expletive) HATE taking progesterone during the TWW? I was just asked by a co-worker I barely knew if I was hiding something under my comfy, flowy, cotton dress. Which I'm only wearing because I'm so effing bloated. Not to mention the weight I've put on after losses. It's not much 10-15 lbs), but I was blessed with my parents weight gain, which is all in the gut on a small frame, so I already look 5 or 6 months pregnant. 

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Options
    petethecatpetethecat member
    edited June 2017
    @icecubeinthedesert Oh FFS! I'm so sorry friend. It's been a rough week for you, it seems. I hope that you'll find some way to treat yourself well this weekend.  <3

@KariAnn323 I just want to say that I empathize with your mom troubles hard right now (without going into a DD about my own life because I don't have it in me ATM). It's BS and a special kind of fucked up to have your mom make comments to you like that or try and make your struggle about them in some way. Thinking of you this week.  <3 Big hugs girl.

ETA because DYAC
  • Options
    @dpjennifer I'm glad to hear that you are talking about it more. I agree that the stigma surrounding MC needs to be stopped. I have also gotten to the point sometimes, where I don't really care if I make someone else uncomfortable, this is my story and I am not going to hide it. I've also had days where I need to go cry in the stock room because it gets to be to much to hold in. Although I do try to be discreet so as not to make a scene, but it feels good to get it out. 
    @icecubeinthedesert Ugh that really sucks! I'm sorry that happened. I had a similar thing happen to me a couple weeks ago. A lady I work with pointed to my stomach and flat out asked if I was pregnant. I replied with "NO just fat today". I then proceeded to go cry in the above mentioned stock room. I can also relate about feeling super bloated and have gained about 10lbs too from eating my feelings over the last few months, and I also tend to carry it more in the stomach. It just feels so uncomfortable. Long flowy dresses are the best! I hope the progesterone will work good for you though!
     :# 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Status: TWW, tentatively.  I made a pregnancy attempt when I *think* I ovulated, but I'm not certain I actually did.  I got all the signs - increased CM, ovulation pain (much worse lol), etc... but my OPKs never had a clear positive.  

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?
    Mostly I'm just struggling with body image, and trying to love my body again.  It doesn't help that my cycle is completely unrecognizable from before, but I've been dealing with some body dysmorphia.  I want to crawl out of my skin.  I hate my body for doing what it did to a healthy baby.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I'm 5 DPO right now, will probably start testing around 8 DPO.

GTKY: What is currently your favorite way to relax and escape the pressures of TTCAL? Overwatch!  Just bought the game and I've been sinking some hours into it.  I also have been baking/cooking a lot more.  I finally perfected my pizza recipe.  My coworker was slightly concerned though: "you... uh.... you makin pizzas?" My Instagram and FB is basically just pizza photos.
    Me: 28 DW: 23
    Dating: 10/23/2013
    Married: 6/13/2014
    TTC since June 2016
    BFP #1: 3/2/17 - MC 5/22/17

• Options
    @kbamomma33 So many creepy internet hugs. If you ever need to talk I'm just a pm away.
    Me: 30   DH:32
    Dating: 2/2007   Married: 4/2011  
    TTC #1: 9/2016
    *TW*

BFP #1: 11/26/2016 - MC: 12/6/2016
    BFP #2: 3/9/2017 - CP: 3/10/2017
    08/2017: DH's SA = normal
    08/2017: Low progesterone (4.6) all other BW normal
    11/2017: HSG Clear; Pelvic Ultrasound Normal; and AMH, FSH, and Estradiol normal
    12/2017: 1,000mg Metformin
    12/2017: 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: 100mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: RE Consult
    03/2018: 5mg Letrozole + 50 units Gonal-F + 500 μg Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #3: 4/1/2018 - CP: 4/4/2018
    04/2018: 5mg Letrozole + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #4: 5/2/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @captainfoxtrot, sorry for your struggles lately. I've been having some struggles with body image lately too (see my posts earlier about some insensitive questions). I've honestly never had to worry about my weight, but it's creeping up on me. I definitely think it's important to start thinking about living as healthy as I can to improve my chances next time. Also, I think Overwatch is the game DH is playing ALL THE TIME. lol

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C