October 2017 Moms
Options

Stupid Questions Thread - 06/2017

124»

Re: Stupid Questions Thread - 06/2017

• Options
    I'm torn on circumstantial FF debates. Regardless I think 1yo is too young to FF I think you can make do, my DDs had reflux and I wasn't trying to FF them as newborns. Mirrors and waiting until they have their puke session after feeding before getting in the car would be options. My friend chose to turn at 18 months due to car sickness. That I can get on board with, bc the driving backwards is what was causing it and 18 months is a lot different than 12. I know it's not ideal but there are times you have to weigh the risks and do what you think is best. 
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nhoover88  I didn't use the collection cups the first time around, but I'm definitely trying them this time.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @purplestarz they are considering legislation that would require RF until 2 here in WI too. I had to deal with all sorts of drama with the in laws regarding DD, because they bought a car seat that could only be FF to use after she turned 1 and was out of the infant seat. It was a huge ordeal and I was so uncomfortable that she was FF in their car. I'm hoping the legislation goes through so they're forced to keep this LO RF until 2.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    @jessirh Can you bring the baby to the wedding with you?  At that age, LO may just sleep in the infant carseat and you can nurse as needed (no promises).  Though you might have to fend off wedding guests that want to hold LO and some people (myself and DH) might freak out about germs that early.  But yes, I would plan on pumping at the wedding if you don't bring LO.
    Oh yes this!! How do you feel exposing LO to people at ~2weeks old? That would be an issue for me. 
    And don't count on being able to pop LO some where to sleep. I had a stage 5 clinger and he had to be held ALL the time. 

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dogperson11 @buttercream_frosting @ForwardnBackward Thanks ladies! I was actually thinking of bring LO with us to the wedding, and either wearing him or letting him sleep in the infant car seat (obvi. not in the car). But gahhh I didn't think about how many germs I'd be exposing him to! 

Parenting is hard, and I don't even have my baby yet. How did you STMs handle all this? Lol
  • Options
    @jessirh I don't think I would put myself as certainly comming to the wedding. I would say maybe for now. Like others have said it depends on your recovery process. I needed stitches with my first son so sitting down for that long involved sitting on a doughnut (which I used my boppy pillow for instead). I also had to make frequent trips to the bathroom because of the heavy bleeding. If you're taking your baby with you it'll make things physically harder but emotionally easier so you and the newborn won't have to be separated for the day. It depends on if you get stitches, how much sleep you're getting and if the baby will come I think. Also how you feel in general
  • Options
    I think I just realized I have a very strange username. With a bunch of numbers attached. I didn't pick any part of it. I'm testing now so this can be ignored. 
  • Options
    My 14 month old had reflux really bad as an infant. We used a mirror and I had to stop quickly a few times because she was choking... she is still rear facing. 
  • Options
    Jumping on @jessirh bandwagon. 3 weeks after my due date is my brother and his fiancées wedding shower and about 5-6 weeks out is her Bachelorette party. Im standing up in the wedding so I cant skip. I'm concerned that it's going to be difficult to attend! I'm not as worried about the shower because I can always just show up for an hour or 2 and then leave. I don't think anyone will be upset if I don't come early or stay after to help given the circumstances. I'm more worried about the bachelorette party. I know I'm not going to feel like going out and partying 5-6 weeks out and leaving my baby at home for hours. Or do you ladies think I'll be fine that far out?
  • Options
    @dumbledoredies  - I missed my sister's bachelorette party at 5-6 weeks post-partum - but that primarily was because I would've had to fly from Seattle to Michigan and I wasn't willing to do that prior to DS's first round of vaccines.  I got all our girl cousins and sisters together a few nights before her wedding for a mini-girls night out and drinks to try and make up for it and Skyped in for gifts.  You may feel up to it if it's local, but I'd probably just treat it similar tot he shower and play it by ear.... oh and bring your pump if you're breastfeeding.

TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker