July 2017 Moms

The Bachelorette

2»

Re: The Bachelorette

• Yea I read two things - Corinne is alleging rape or a producer sued because they did not want to film Corinne/Demario doing what the producer felt was rape/misconduct/etc. the theory either way is that if someone is alleging a crime or whatever then they can't show it on tv? Like now it's "evidence"? 

If theres really ally a rape situation I'm not trying to minimize it but FUCK I was really counting on BIP to help me in a fragile time.
  • Yeah everything I read was that the complaint came from a producer, not from Corrine. But also that Corrine was shown the film from the incident, so it's possible she was so drunk she had no idea. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I also read that the incident in question was oral sex, not intercourse. But iut looks like the only person saying anything right now is DeMario, so who knows what's true.
  • DO THEY NOT KNOW THEY ARE RUINING MY MATERNITY LEAVE BECAUSE OF THIS???????

I'm kidding, any allegation of sexual assault is serious business. Honestly I'm surprised it took this many seasons of unlimited alcohol for something like this to transpire. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • MamaRN13MamaRN13 member
    edited June 2017
    Come on BIP cast, get your shit together! Is it really that hard to have a good time AND act like normal human beings?! I'm dying to know what's really going on and if filming will resume eventually

ETA- thanks for chiming in with what you have heard!
  • DO THEY NOT KNOW THEY ARE RUINING MY MATERNITY LEAVE BECAUSE OF THIS???????

I'm kidding, any allegation of sexual assault is serious business. Honestly I'm surprised it took this many seasons of unlimited alcohol for something like this to transpire. 
    ^all of this. 

Also - Am I the only one wondering how exactly the logistics of oral in a pool work? lol I mean, like does he hold his breath and come up for air? 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • rae1-3 said:

^all of this. 

Also - Am I the only one wondering how exactly the logistics of oral in a pool work? lol I mean, like does he hold his breath and come up for air? 
    Hahaha I heard she sat on his lap... and then eventually his face. I assume he was sitting on steps or something. 
  • @ginger1228 your ETA is what I've read the most about.  If you Twitter, look up AmyKinLA , she's got the most info so far.  Apparently a producer was offended and complained.  But really, sexual misconduct is like the goal, right?  
  • @ginger1228 your ETA is what I've read the most about.  If you Twitter, look up AmyKinLA , she's got the most info so far.  Apparently a producer was offended and complained.  But really, sexual misconduct is like the goal, right?  
    That's what I've read the most about too. The rape allegation was told to me by a friend. I haven't read that anywhere. 
    And yes! I totally get some people aren't comfortable in that situation, but it's not like BIP is known to be classy. He/she signed up for the wrong job! I wouldn't apply to be a hostess at a strip club if I was easily offended by naked, drunk people. 
  • So I can totally understand if she was so drunk that the producer felt she was unable to consent. I get that sex and drinking is expected but, being unable to consent, stumbling drink is another. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • I love that it was on the FIRST DAY of production - way to be classy. 
  • So I can totally understand if she was so drunk that the producer felt she was unable to consent. I get that sex and drinking is expected but, being unable to consent, stumbling drink is another. 
    Ohhh I didn't think about it being from that perspective. I was thinking more "I had to watch these people have sex and didn't want to." But adding in the alcohol/drunk factor is a big deal. 
    Ohhh I didn't think about it being from that perspective. I was thinking more "I had to watch these people have sex and didn't want to." But adding in the alcohol/drunk factor is a big deal

*Gah stuck in the box!

Yeah this is where the lines get blurred and crossed. Crazy that it happened so early in filming.
  • Ugghhhhh.  BIP came on when my A15 was just a week or two old, and it was the most amazing distraction.  I'm reading that cancellation is not necessarily on the table.  Fingers crossed. Also, I'm so ashamed of my disappointment at the prospect of a summer without BIP. 
  • @ljd2010 I am genuinely disappointed in myself at how genuinely disappointed I am about the cancellation. 
  • So I read a lot about the whole Corrine/DeMario situation today(cause I'm a loser) and IF there was any kind of consent issue/rape I am glad ABC is taking it seriously BUT I also read from several former contestants that if producers are worried about things going too far while the contestants are wasted they step in or other contestants step in. I also read that Corrine claims she was blacked out and didn't know what happened until people told her and then claimed she had a boyfriend and would never jeopardize her relationship by hooking up with someone in paradise...so why are you in paradise? Personally I think stuff probably did happen, it was consensual and then she had regrets in the morning...
    I mean we all watched her throw herself at Nick for an entire season, she's obviously not a prude.
  • @LuLiLaEv - Don't forget her vagine is platinum too lmao. She made sure we all knew that
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• LuLiLaEv said:
    So I read a lot about the whole Corrine/DeMario situation today(cause I'm a loser) and IF there was any kind of consent issue/rape I am glad ABC is taking it seriously BUT I also read from several former contestants that if producers are worried about things going too far while the contestants are wasted they step in or other contestants step in. I also read that Corrine claims she was blacked out and didn't know what happened until people told her and then claimed she had a boyfriend and would never jeopardize her relationship by hooking up with someone in paradise...so why are you in paradise? Personally I think stuff probably did happen, it was consensual and then she had regrets in the morning...
    I mean we all watched her throw herself at Nick for an entire season, she's obviously not a prude.
    No other contestants said anything!!! (That we know of at the moment.) . I cant tell if this bothers me more bc there are people there that I believe Corinne identifies as her friends, and they let this all happen, or if they took it to producers if there was genuine concern and the producers did nothing, or if this is all some huge publicity stunt.  I have a theory that they are doing all this to revert attention to Bachelor Winter Games, bc the reception to that when it was announced was so lackluster.  

Also, the online slut shaming is really out of control.  
  • From the article I read, it sounded like they were alone and the producer complained after watching the film the next day. So it's not like people saw it and didn't stop them. It was also like the very first day of production so even if other contestants knew they were alone in the pool, they may have assumed things were still sorta PG
  • I am really confused by her claims that she has a BF - why TF are you on BIP if you have a BF??
  • Because she's Corrine. Duh. 
  • @rae1-3 I read that she was planning on hanging out and being a wingwoman? I don't see how she'd make it very far that way, but who knows. 
  • Is anyone else as elated as I am that BIP is coming back?? I'm as ashamed at my elation as I was at my previous disappointment. Oh well!
  • ljd2010 said:
    Is anyone else as elated as I am that BIP is coming back?? I'm as ashamed at my elation as I was at my previous disappointment. Oh well!
    Do not be ashamed. The news is traveling in my circle like wildfire.  <3
  • TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Yesssss. We have summer tv!! This with Big Brother - perfect time for maternity leave!
  • OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • SO excited!
  • So I'm just catching up, do they use the same guys for BIP? If Demario was kicked off for having a girl friend but now is on BIP. And is Corrine a previous bachelorette? 
  • Yes to what @cait32 said! 

I assume Corinne and DeMario aren't going to still going to be on the show - has anyone heard?
  • @cait32 there's no $$ prize at the end, just true love!! (Sarcasm.) I think you're thinking of Bachelor Pad, which isn't on anymore. It's not always people who create drama, even though they are definitely there, just like in regular seasons. It's mostly fan favorites, which sometimes includes the villians. 
  • Okay honest question- is the intro for bachelor in paradise made to look that stupid? Have all of the seasons had a super corny and strange intro?
  • All the seasons have had a corny intro. Last season, Chris Harrison was sitting on a lunge chair in a bathrobe drinking champagne. Haha. I don't get it. 

I just watched this weeks episode. I am so glad it came back on! I love cheesy reality shows!