July 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC

Cleanse your soul

Re: FFFC

• Options
    I'll start things off today. 

Ive been really missing my flat belly lately and have been super jealous of my skinny friends who can wear bikinis. I honestly just miss my "old self."  I know it's ridiculous. Baby comes next month, and I know I have to have the belly to get the baby, but I feel like I'm loosing myself in the process. The warmer days are nice becuase I feel most comfortable in shorts and dresses, but it also seems to remind me of things I'm missing out on. Then, I just feel like I'm a terrible mom-to-be for being so selfish. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I watched the implosion on the dark side like it was my job.  
  • Options
    I watched the implosion on the dark side like it was my job.  

Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    I was trying not to log in from the computer anymore after a recent meltdown that had me thinking I would be sending it in to IT. Yet here I am.

Mine is kind of a bad one. 

DH is SO EXCITED about the baby that I'm worried he's going to forget about me. I also feel like I'm squandering my last couple weeks of freedom / just us time. Like this is really NEVER going to be our situation again! That's really hard for me.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @glitterfish-2, remember when a while ago a few members suggested we move over there because (the dark side, they called it which is where everyone went after the exodus of Jan 2015) people we're getting banned and warnings for no reason over here?  I started lurking over there after it was suggested and recently the majority of them had their own exodus to another message board.  It was bananas.
  • Options
    I was trying not to log in from the computer anymore after a recent meltdown that had me thinking I would be sending it in to IT. Yet here I am.

Mine is kind of a bad one. 

DH is SO EXCITED about the baby that I'm worried he's going to forget about me. I also feel like I'm squandering my last couple weeks of freedom / just us time. Like this is really NEVER going to be our situation again! That's really hard for me.
    We are the same about this.  I am so scared. DH loves me so much and I'm so scared he will totally not love me as much and also it will never be just us ever again.  Too scary.
  • Options
    @glitterfish-2, remember when a while ago a few members suggested we move over there because (the dark side, they called it which is where everyone went after the exodus of Jan 2015) people we're getting banned and warnings for no reason over here?  I started lurking over there after it was suggested and recently the majority of them had their own exodus to another message board.  It was bananas.
    Oops, I actually do not remember that at all.

And why am I Glitterfish-2????????
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    how does one get to.... the dark side?
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    how does one get to.... the dark side?
    I know, right? I miss drama!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @manillabar, you got pm.

i don't want to post the link because I think you can get warned for doing so.
  • Options
    I'll have a very long list of confessions once this baby is out. For now I'd like to stay flame free. Also, it all feels very much justified lol
  • Options
    @ginger1228 I still have my HPT and I'm pretty sure I still have my positive ovulation test strip, too.  So... I think you're pretty normal.  :D
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm embarrassed about mine and no one in my real life knows. I still have my positive HPT. I feel almost afraid to throw it away in case something bad happens and it's all I have left of him/her. I'm hoping after baby is born I'll be able to get rid of it. 
    girl - I have ALL of mine. I tested every day for like a week I think. Plus the multiples I took days 1 and 2. The only ones I have thrown away are the digitals that the 'pregnant' disappeared from after a while. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @greenbean-2 @rae1-3 oh thank goodness. I was hoping I wasn't alone with the HPTs! It's in a drawer in the bathroom and I still look at it from to time and feel like I'm nuts. 
  • Options
    AdaByronAdaByron member
    edited June 2017
    I'm embarrassed about mine and no one in my real life knows. I still have my positive HPT. I feel almost afraid to throw it away in case something bad happens and it's all I have left of him/her. I'm hoping after baby is born I'll be able to get rid of it. 
    Until we moved in November, I still had my HPT from my first baby.  It was like 3 years old when I threw it out. I confessed that in my May 14 group back then and I was not the only one. I was shocked how many people save them. 
  • Options
    I took a series of pictures of my pregnancy tests up until I went to the doc at 8 weeks. I was thinking if I should delete them or not! 
  • Options
    I have a mild FFFC: I just cleaned and organized my classroom to close out the end of the year, and I always shove things out of sight when the principal comes to check me out. I didn't shove much away this year, but I did hide one bin full of miscellaneous crap. It's like when your mom or dad come check your room and you've hidden stuff under your bed or in a closet.

I also google questions I don't want to ask here and I have my HPT. I thought I'd never see that second line, so I am keeping it for as long as I can!
  • Options
    @julybaby17-2 OMG I went through the same thing this week. I was scrolling through the camera role on my phone and I was looking at pictures from our October vacation (probably weeks before I become pregnant) and I just started crying. I have been feeling mostly okay (I have my occasional moments) about my body in pregnancy. I always have people telling me I look good and the occasional ones who think they can say whatever nasty thing they want (eye roll). And after looking at the way I used to look I just had this panic of omg what if I never look like this again? And all the sudden I felt HUGE and realized how big I am. The feeling hasn't gone away since :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ginger1228 I have my ovulation strips, chart and HPT in my Belly Book.  No shame, no flame!
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    @ginger1228 It took me weeks to throw it out. I didnt want to get rid of the only proof I felt like I had. When DH found out I still had it he made me throw it away. But I do have photos of it :) 

FFFC: I always feel like I have to prove that I'm married and old enough and very legitimately having this baby. I don't even care or judge anyone else for having babies however they want to have babies, but I know there is a stigma out there and I don't want to get falsely judged. It's completely ridiculous, but it's come up even more for me because I haven't been able to wear my wedding rings for about a week (the band got stuck, and I was able to get it off but I'm too scared to put it back on) 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    FFFC: I haven't worn my wedding rings well before pregnancy. I rarely wore them as it was before stopping. They fit fine but it got annoying having to take them off anytime I needed to get work done or whatever and especially the engagement ring always felt like it was in the way. So I just don't wear jewelry on my hands. 
    My husband doesn't wear his either. And it doesn't bother me. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    @ginger1228 literally just threw ALL of mine away last month. I had about 6 saved in a box. I was going through stuff I wanted to put in the nursery and noticed the test window that displayed the lines was looking a little funky and I decided to toss them. It's so funny that your "confession" turned out to be the same for the majority of the group haha!
  • Options
    I wore my wedding rings all the time, even when I should have taken them off...and so when I was working on our ride on mower in the fall, the mower deck fell on my hand, and my wedding rings saved my fingers.  They've been needing repair ever since, and so I haven't worn them for the entire pregnancy.
  • Options
    @SquirttheTurtle that's a good idea to put them in your pregnancy journal! I still have mine as well, but maybe I'll just tape one in the journal and toss the rest. 

@kerils even though I also know it's ridiculous, I feel the same way! I stopped wearing my rings in like month 5, and bought a couple of silicone rings instead. They're super stretchy so I'm not nervous about getting them off. I might continue wearing them after the birth just because they don't catch on anything or get in the way like my engagement ring does! 
  • Options
    @rjoys8 I've been wearing a silicone ring too which is silly because I couldn't care less about the marital status of another pregnant lady. The ring is really comfy though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I still have the positive HPTs from this pregnancy and my last. So +1 here too!
  • Options
    +1 hardly ever wear my rings! 

+1 on moderate panic from seeing pictures from 8 months ago 

• Options
    +1 for kinda hating my body too. Getting my graduation pics taken and sent to me kinda makes me upset because I feel and look so round in them. Of course the gown wasn't the greatest, but I still felt alien. DH just says "stop, you're pregnant." Umm...I know this. I can miss my less round days.

then I really hate seeing the memories on FB and how I used to look and it makes me upset because I know I'm probably not going to be able to get back to that body. 
  • Options
    +1 for faking contractions...mostly to get a back rub

+1 for still having positive pregnancy tests from Sept 2014 from DS and now this baby's. 

+1 for LOVING my 5 month preg body and then hating my 8/9 month preg body. 

I had my wedding rings at the jewelers for the last month or so replacing a chipped diamond on the band and had a bagger at Costco ask how I got pregnant if I wasn't married. I didn't realize there was still this expectation that women had to be married to get pregnant but apparently there still is. 

FFFC I'm only 33+3 and it's taking everything in me to not try to induce labor naturally (with all of these silly wives tales) for a few more weeks. I completely realize that it's way too early but these constant contractions are making me miserable and I'm just ready to get this baby out. 
  • Options
    +1 for still having HPTs. I had ones from 2008 when I was pregnant with DS1 that I only threw out this year because DH saw them and I could see the judgment of  "this is insane" look in his eyes....even though he didn't say anything, I knew it was time to throw them away. 

+1 for not wearing wedding rings. My engagement and wedding rings haven't really fit me since 2008 when I was pregnant with my first. I've had a fake ring ever since that I don't even wear all the time, and DH doesn't wear his all the time either. It just doesn't bother me all that much. We've been married 10 years and it's just not a big deal for us. I never even notice other peoples rings or if they're wearing one or not. 
  • Options
    @kerils I was married and had a baby before I was legal to buy alcohol. 
  • Options
    mrsla0512mrsla0512 member
    edited June 2017
    Another confesssion here, I'm so tired of being pregnant. While I'm grateful that I am, I. Am. So. Done. 19 days can't come soon enough. I want to sleep on my belly, I want to eat food and not gag, I want my body back, SPD will go away, and I'm ready for some hard core exercises. 

Eta I can't spell