September 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 5/22

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/22

• Options
    I have a fear..

I've been following a friend's postpartum struggles and her marriage is not surviving it. Her husband just has so much resentment and thinks the baby hates him and he refuses to go to counseling. I'm so scared that this will happen to DH and me.. I don't want our marriage to be ruined because of the infant years. And now I feel even more "what have I done?" even though we tried for a year to have this baby and both really wanted a baby.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 I don't think I had PPD, but I definitely had the baby blues. Something that I think made the baby blues worse was that I wasn't comfortable nursing in front of people so I was constantly isolated by myself with just the baby, which made me start to feel resentful towards the baby, which then made me feel like a terrible mom. It wasn't till I got comfortable nursing in front of people with a nursing cover on that I started to feel less isolated and better again. Every case of PPD and baby blues are different, but that was just something that helped me to feel better again. 
  • Options
    mercury94mercury94 member
    edited June 2017
    @Sugargirl1019 I'm scared too. DH and I talk about it regularly. We're trying to be as prepared as possible, but it's a whole new experience and we aren't completely sure what to expect. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    We saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean last night! It was really really good! Scary, lots of things jumping out at you (going for the 3d thing .. that will be intense in 3D!). I laughed a lot and followed the story line and didn't get lost like the past few.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019, I hear you on the fears, but if it makes you feel better, we had absolutely no issues when DD was born. We both adapted really, really well to her and have just had the best time having her around. She makes us both unbelievably happy and H and I both have so much fun with her, from the day we brought her home. 

Struggles are real, and I am really hoping that #2 doesn't pose any problems, but sometimes the transition is just a really good, really fun one.
  • Options
    @sugargirl1019 a baby won't break a strong marriage. A baby might magnify problems that were already there but it won't  create new, marriage-ending problems. Communication is key in any healthy relationship. Men can get baby blues/depression but with any mental illness, the person experiencing it has to seek help on their own time and have a strong support system to get them through. I remember being so worried about getting ppd with DS that I told DH our mantra would be, "the days are long but the weeks/months/years are short." It seemed so silly to have a preemptive mantra to get through the hard days before they even happened but it really worked for us and helped keep everything in perspective when those days came. The newborn phase isn't rainbows and unicorns but you guys will get through it together, as a team.