Baby Names
Options

Sibling names

I'm 40+1 today and we still haven't been able to commit to a name for DD2. For the last 10 weeks or so, we have called her Daisy (hadn't come up with a middle name). Yesterday my husband finally suggested Daisy Georgia which I like, but we have both been hesitant on using the name Daisy. DD1 is Charlotte. I feel Charlotte is a classier name than Daisy, which is more cutesy. We also really like Georgia Daisy (or Georgia something.. I like Georgia Claire or Georgia Grace). 

So.. Charlotte & Georgia- is it strange to use these names in a sibling set due to Prince George and Princess Charlotte? It doesn't really bother me, and I'm aware I'll have people mention it. Anything other relations between the two names that I haven't thought of? (Just thought I'd also add: DH is a William and would be passing on his name to a future son should we have one, but he would go by his middle name). 

Any other suggestions for names/middle names are welcome at this point! Hoping baby girl stays put until we figure this out! 

Re: Sibling names

• Options
    My favorite name you mentioned is Grace. I love it at a first name and it goes well with Charlotte.

Georgia is nice too. People will probably make the connection but if you love it, I wouldn't let it bother you.

Not a huge fan of Daisy tbh. It is just a little too cutesy for me.

Suggesting: 
    Grace Georgia (nickname GiGi is so cute)
    Madeline Georgia
    Hannah Claire
    Violet Grace
    Audrey Claire 
    Lydia Claire
    Eleanor Daisy
    Julia Daisy

DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    Honestly I would avoid Georgia due to then having two place names

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My favorite name you mentioned is Grace. I love it at a first name and it goes well with Charlotte.

Georgia is nice too. People will probably make the connection but if you love it, I wouldn't let it bother you.

Not a huge fan of Daisy tbh. It is just a little too cutesy for me.

Suggesting: 
    Grace Georgia (nickname GiGi is so cute)
    Madeline Georgia
    Hannah Claire
    Violet Grace
    Audrey Claire 
    Lydia Claire
    Eleanor Daisy
    Julia Daisy

I love Grace! That was our #1 pick, but my nephew who is the same age as Charlotte (we see them at least 2-3x/week) is Greyson which is a bit close I think. I love Hannah and Violet! I'll suggest those to my husband. Thank you! 
  • Options
    bbiutmcph said:
    Didn't even think of that - I'm from Canada so I didn't make that connection. Definitely adds another thing to consider if that's the name we use

• Options
    Margaret is the formal name for Daisy. If you love Daisy but want a formal nmae then this is perfect! (if you llike Margaret) I love Margaret!
    "Her name is Margaret, but we will be calling her Daisy"
  • Options
    saham07 said:
    Margaret is the formal name for Daisy. If you love Daisy but want a formal nmae then this is perfect! (if you llike Margaret) I love Margaret!
    "Her name is Margaret, but we will be calling her Daisy"
    This is exactly what I was going to say! Charlotte and Margaret (NN Daisy) is a great sibset.
  • Options
    If you like Georgia you could also use Georgina, that sounds pretty with Grace too.
  • Options
    If you like Georgia you could also use Georgina, that sounds pretty with Grace too.
    Agree. Georgina, Georgiana, and Georgette might be different enough to avoid the place names, and aren't as used as Georgia, so it might place a bit of distance royal family wise too.
  • Options
    I know siblings named Charlotte and Georgia, and I think it's a great pair. I'm not a fan of Daisy. It's too cutesy to me, especially compared to Charlotte. I know another Charlotte whose sister is Audrey and I love those together too.
  • Options
    Georgia is way better than Daisy... but Margaret Nn daisy is a good suggestion and I like Audrey as a suggestion as well... also makes me think of Caroline.... I like claire as a first name better than grace... 
  • Options
    While Daisy is cutesie, I can see a little old lady named Daisy, so I think that it would age well.  I wouldn't have gotten the British Royals connection from Charlotte and Georgia.  

I like both, but I wouldn't use Georgia Daisy.  It sounds like you're describing a flower from down South.

• Options
    bbiutmcph said:
    This. I get a strong southern vibe from this sibset rather than royal.

I think Charlotte and Georgiana would be very, very pretty together. Marguerite could also be a way to get to Daisy as a NN. 
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I like the idea of Margaret, nn Daisy. I also really like Georgia but agree that if you have a thing about place names, you could use Georgina (which sounds very British!) nn Georgie which is just as cute as Daisy but grounded in a real name. Have you thought of Daphne or Delilah, nn Daisy?
  • Options
    I much prefer Georgia over Daisy and I don't mind that Georgia and Charlotte are both place names.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."