January 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread: 5/27-6/2

1235»

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread: 5/27-6/2

• @mvrose82 Me! The soreness comes and goes for sure. 

Diarrhea yesterday for no apparent reason was fun, so was the moodiness.  :s
  • @dcamp18, personally, I lose weight in the first tri (I assume the lack of alcohol) and one of the first places I lose weight is my boobs. I've never once experienced pregnancy boob growth. 

@labgrand2012, that's mostly because of your blood volume increasing. I do what I can to push through it; it'll get easier in the coming months.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @labgrand2012 Before BFP I did spinning 4-5 times a week for 45 minutes or longer, now it is more like 3 times a week for 20-30 minutes. I wear an HR monitor and stay below 90% of my max. Yes, my HR goes up easier than before. I also get very winded from dumb stuff like walking up stairs. I have added in a strengthening routine designed for pregnant women that is non-cardio and I'm hoping that helps me retain muscle while I'm taking it so much easier with my exercise. 
  • Put me down for also suffering major constipation. I'm going to ask the doc because colace is not doing a thing for me.
  • @mvrose82, have you ever used a Neti-Pot? They work wonders for my sinuses, and they're totally safe during pregnancy!
  • mvrose82 said:
    Any advice and or tips on a sinus head old? Slight fever. My head feels like it wants to explode :( on top of the all day nausea
    thanks for any advice! 
    Get a Nettie pot and it's amazing !!!!!
    you can also use Claritin !
  • @amberrmariee20 & @cyanope yes I bought one last night. Worked pretty good, I even brought it to work today ! 
  • mvrose82 said:
    @amberrmariee20 & @cyanope yes I bought one last night. Worked pretty good, I even brought it to work today ! 
    It definately saves me during allergy season !
  • ottergirl81ottergirl81 member
    edited June 2017
    Yes @dcamp18 I have had the same this happen with my boobs too. The pain comes and goes. Nice to have a break from the pain once in a while.
    @schaze My nausea seems to come and go in waves and sometimes hits back pretty hard. No vomitting yet....thank goodness!
  • @labgrand2012 I've been afraid to workout since finding out the news! Have to get back at it though. Sounds to me like you do maybe have to slow down a bit and listen to your body more. 
  • Is there such a thing as pregnancy induced rage? Because if so I have it. So far at work every time someone calls me I give the phone the middle finger after hanging up...
  • ottergirl81 this makes me feel so much better! I need to start thinking about it as a positive thing. Nerves always get the best of me!
  • @dgaugler86 You can take Tylenol! I know sometimes cramping in pregnancy is a result of dehydration, could you stomach a Gatorade or more water?

@sonalisharma  It might not always feel like it, but yes, you definitely will survive! It gets better! As for the fried onion smell…

@labgrand2012  Yes! I’ve had issues with my runs, so I have just shortened them a bit and more slowly increased my intervals. I think you should listen to your body… I know that is easier said than done, and I love being in shape/exercising, but you know when it doesn’t feel right. What workouts are you doing?  

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• So. Much. Burping.
  • @zamora_spin, that's usually my #1. The desire to cut everyone. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @zamora_spin & @BelhurstBride same here, I get so moody and irritable that my mother knew I was pregnant before I did
  • Last night at the ball fields, I about went off on my MIL. That would've been fun. My irritation levels are off the charts. I feel I could snap at any moment LOL
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @EmilyLove25 @ottergirl81 @zamora_spin and @BelhurstBride - thank you!

I currently am doing a bootcamp style class where we do a lot of strength and HIIT cardio. With my last pregnancy I did not work out, so I really want to keep working out through this one. It is just hard to know how much to push yourself. I have definitely gone down in my weights and speeds, but didn't want to stop just because I was getting out of breath easier. This morning I was winded during our warm up! :P Thanks for all the input! 
    BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
    BFP #2 7/1/14  |  DS born March 2015
    BFP#3 5/22/17 | MC 6/17/17 at 7w3d
  • gulimzgulimz member
    I feel pretty good except for the freaking constant spotting . Ugh. And period like cramps. I've just came to terms that every pregnancy I had will be like this 
    (I bled and cramped heavily with my a15 baby until 12 ish weeks)
  • Someone with a strong patchouli scent just sat down near me, and now I have to move before I hurl. 
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • The exhaustion....my Lord the exhaustion.... Every day this week I've had to "go to the bathroom" and literally catch a 10 min nap between 2:30-4....I fall asleep at my desk. Does this go away STMs??
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @britmanering73 unfortunately that depends on the pregnancy. With my first the I have to sleep now exhaustion goes away but was replaced with I can't sleep exhaustion. Which was replaces by omg I'm in so much pain and can't get comfortable exhaustion. Sorry maybe I'm not the best gauge I had a pretty rough first pregnancy.

• @BelhurstBride and @amberrmariee20 At least I'm in good, moody company!

@labgrand2012 Do you wear an HR monitor? That could be a good way to tell how hard you're working more objectively. The most consistent recommendation I've seen for exercise during pregnancy (aside from, obviously, don't do things where you're at risk of falling or getting punched in the stomach) is don't exceed 90% of your max HR. I don't know how sound any studies are on that but at least to me that seemed like a reasonable restriction. Unless you've had a test done you won't know what your max HR is precisely but a simple formula is 220 - your age. That formula seems to be pretty accurate for me based on my pre-pregnancy exercise observations. 
  • @labgrand2012 I have been modifying for sure. My miles are much slower and I have cut back strength training to about 20 minutes a day. The recommendation is not to be so short of breath that you cannot hold a conversation, so I have been trying to stick to that! I would just listen to your body- if it feels like too much, slow down. :) 
  • Feeling all the feels, and all the nausea,  not really food aversions but not really wanting food.  Just fruit, raw veges (more snacks than meals). 

My main early pregnancy symptom that I always get and tells me I'm pregnant way before any test would is hip pain,  thankfully that finally subsided!  
  • @britmanering73 for me, the exhaustion was MUCH worse in the first tri. As @burnsmommy27 noted, it can always be different, but by the second tri the placenta (which you are building right now!) takes over and I had way way more energy! Now late in the third trimester sleeping can be hard for comfort reasons! But you are likely to get some good months in there :)
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Why, oh WHY does it have to be crippling constipation OR explosive diarrhea? Why can't there be a nice, comfortable middle ground?
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • @peepster, during my last pregnancy, I almost liked the diarrhea just because it would finally clean me out...sorry TMI. But I agree, it is the worst. 
    BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
    BFP #2 7/1/14  |  DS born March 2015
    BFP#3 5/22/17 | MC 6/17/17 at 7w3d