June 2017 Moms

FFFC

What do you have to confess?

Re: FFFC

• I know the count down is on now. I plan on indulging in every craving to the fullest between now and D Day!
  • Loading the player...
  • Until this week I hadn't cleaned my house since April. It was gross.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • neludelu said:
    I know the count down is on now. I plan on indulging in every craving to the fullest between now and D Day!
    It me.  I'm going to a diner for lunch today specifically because I want a milkshake.  And probably some fries.
  • mtvkv5mtvkv5 member
    I have been working from home mostly these days... which really means lots of naps and TV and a little bit of work. I don't feel too bad though since I am the boss. 
  • delujm0 said:
    neludelu said:
    I know the count down is on now. I plan on indulging in every craving to the fullest between now and D Day!
    It me.  I'm going to a diner for lunch today specifically because I want a milkshake.  And probably some fries.
    Don't forget it's National Donut Day, ladies!

I guess my FFFC is that DS has watched/played WAY too much Kindle over the last few days. I have zero energy for outings beyond the absolutely necessary and I'm feeling crazy guilty.
  • delujm0 said:
    neludelu said:
    Don't forget it's National Donut Day, ladies!

I guess my FFFC is that DS has watched/played WAY too much Kindle over the last few days. I have zero energy for outings beyond the absolutely necessary and I'm feeling crazy guilty.
    I'm with you on this. DS is developing an obsession with Elmo but I can't do much to stop it right now
  • Are you ready for the flames ladies? 

It really bothers me when people come back from the FB group only to call out a newb who didn't do things properly. 
    It makes me sad. Why go out of your way to be unkind? 
    Married 8/29/09
  • mtvkv5mtvkv5 member
    Are you ready for the flames ladies? 

It really bothers me when people come back from the FB group only to call out a newb who didn't do things properly. 
    Same here, at least they bring some activity to this board that is pretty darn slow these days. 

Along similar lines... I always hated the drama and would stop reading a thread if it digressed into drama or "Thank You's", which I never really understood. 
  • mtvkv5 said:

Same here, at least they bring some activity to this board that is pretty darn slow these days. 

Along similar lines... I always hated the drama and would stop reading a thread if it digressed into drama or "Thank You's", which I never really understood. 
    Me too. I'm bored and hurting laying around all day now. We need the newbs for action. 
  • mtvkv5 said:

That's part of the reason why I left in the first place at the end of last year. I enjoy my drama free life and I don't need people trying to raise my blood pressure just for fun. Then when I couldn't find my log in information I didn't put any effort into getting into my account to comment. I'd check in now and again but still continued to see some bashing and felt it wasn't the place for me. Honestly once the now FB crowd cleared things (in my opinion) improved. 
  • JennMof3 said:
    mtvkv5 said:

That's part of the reason why I left in the first place at the end of last year. I enjoy my drama free life and I don't need people trying to raise my blood pressure just for fun. Then when I couldn't find my log in information I didn't put any effort into getting into my account to comment. I'd check in now and again but still continued to see some bashing and felt it wasn't the place for me. Honestly once the now FB crowd cleared things (in my opinion) improved. 
    That's exactly what happened when I was pregnant with DD. 
    Married 8/29/09
  • I don't mind the disagreements or even a little snark...I just feel like if it isn't something you would say to someone IRL, then don't say it online, either. Some comments just get downright nasty and uncalled for. There's lots of times I'd love to actually say "I'm going to stop you right there, bc IDGAF" but I would never. 
  • Are you ready for the flames ladies? 

Ditto. And it bothers me when people purport to speak for the entire board a la "We in June don't care." 
  • Here's me Fcc I find it to be quite humorous that you ladies are over here talking about this.  I mean most of you newbs and lurkers had nothing to say or offered any support what so ever until there was talk of the FB group.  Then all of the sudden people come out of the wood work and have an opinion.  Now you few ladies that are still on here have some interesting opinions about all of the regulars that I guarantee you wouldn't be spouting off if all of us were still around.   @JennMof3 if you didn't like the group why did you even come back?  I mean I think our group is pretty great but I guess you don't.  @huzzahuzza I'm kind of surprised at you too.  You're on our fb group and yet you're over here saying some stuff that's not really cool. 
  • You're right, I am on the FB group and I do enjoy the company over there too. My point was that if you're going to participate in the bump boards do it all the time, not just to point out a newb breaking rules. 
  • ^-- exactly!!! 
  • @Wearmi1 So I never said I didn't like the group. I just didn't like to see how people were being torn down by other group members. Since I've been back on here I've had nothing but good experiences with very nice and considerate people. I've never and will never ask to be a part of the FB group there is just no interest. 
  • JennMof3 said:
    @Wearmi1 So I never said I didn't like the group. I just didn't like to see how people were being torn down by other group members. Since I've been back on here I've had nothing but good experiences with very nice and considerate people. I've never and will never ask to be a part of the FB group there is just no interest. 
    Nobody was ever torn down in this group.  The people who got told about themselves deserved what they got.  And if you were truly a part of the group you would know that.  There were some very nasty people on here who the group let know their comments and opinions weren't welcome.  
  • Wearmi1 said:
    JennMof3 said:
    @Wearmi1 So I never said I didn't like the group. I just didn't like to see how people were being torn down by other group members. Since I've been back on here I've had nothing but good experiences with very nice and considerate people. I've never and will never ask to be a part of the FB group there is just no interest. 
    Nobody was ever torn down in this group.  The people who got told about themselves deserved what they got.  And if you were truly a part of the group you would know that.  There were some very nasty people on here who the group let know their comments and opinions weren't welcome.  
  • My kid hit post too soon. 

I was was gone for a while so I'm sure things were addressed as necessary. 
  • Wearmi1 said:
    Here's me Fcc I find it to be quite humorous that you ladies are over here talking about this.  I mean most of you newbs and lurkers had nothing to say or offered any support what so ever until there was talk of the FB group.  Then all of the sudden people come out of the wood work and have an opinion.  Now you few ladies that are still on here have some interesting opinions about all of the regulars that I guarantee you wouldn't be spouting off if all of us were still around.   @JennMof3 if you didn't like the group why did you even come back?  I mean I think our group is pretty great but I guess you don't.  @huzzahuzza I'm kind of surprised at you too.  You're on our fb group and yet you're over here saying some stuff that's not really cool. 
    For starters, I've been a member since very early on in my pregnancy, and I've been a pretty regular contributer. I have no idea if I would have been accepted to the FB group because I didn't ask to join because I hate FB groups. I'm certainly not someone who "had nothing to say or offered any support what so ever until there was talk of the FB group."

Second, I'd say the same thing regardless of who's around to see it. No one should be speaking for the whole group. Period. When people try that crap over on TK and pretty much every other forum I've been a part of, they get called out for it. 

And yea, I would love it if @Stankonia2014, would tell us why she feels the need to come back just to try to shut down threads. I prefer one off threads to the jumbley, too-fast moving all-in-one threads. A while back when I posted a question in one, no one responded and I ultimately bumped my question a couple pages later and then got responses. Stuff gets lost in the shuffle. So if the people who really cared about one-off threads have moved over to FB, seriously, why does it matter if we have one-off threads on here now?
  • I can't speak for her but I'm pretty sure she's busy with her new baby and not worried about whatever you're butt hurt about! 
  • This thread has been closed to new posts due to the change in topic. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"